Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, Bondgirlie007 said:

has the efestival competition been drawn yet? :rolleyes:

Don't think it has yet. There's still lots of others from different places to be drawn too. I'm still holding out lots of hope for anything! Definitely in denial/desperation stage of grief haha! 

it is sad. I really want to hate on the others and say horrible things like "i hope it rains" etc.

But i dont mean it. I truly hope those of you that got tickets via this thread have the greatest time, it was me last year and i know i did. the positivity her was staggering.

im still taking the Friday and Monday off work and going to try and watch from home. warm beers in the garden and at least i get a shower daily.

2 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

it is sad. I really want to hate on the others and say horrible things like "i hope it rains" etc.

But i dont mean it. I truly hope those of you that got tickets via this thread have the greatest time, it was me last year and i know i did. the positivity her was staggering.

im still taking the Friday and Monday off work and going to try and watch from home. warm beers in the garden and at least i get a shower daily.

It's better when it rain.... Puts a few off going the year after ..... Leaves more tickets for the diehards who go regardless of weather or lineup.   

After the floods in 2005 and the constant rain in 2007 getting a ticket in 2008 was easy. 

Just now, new_duck said:

Most years there are more even smaller sales of tickets released though....isnt there?

It's hard to say. This year there wasn't a 'secret' coach ticket sale a few days before the 'secret' general ticket sale. 

21 minutes ago, new_duck said:

Most years there are more even smaller sales of tickets released though....isnt there?

I don't think there were last year. They seem to have made the whole process more efficient (I would assume that's what they were aiming to do anyway) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the one last week was the only one. Having said that we can't know for sure, which is why keeping page alerts on until gates open makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

It's hard to say. This year there wasn't a 'secret' coach ticket sale a few days before the 'secret' general ticket sale. 

There wasn't last year either. I guess if you've gone ahead and booked your ticket + coach you'd probably feel more committed to holding on to that ticket, simply because you've spent more money and the sort of attitude you're likely to have about Glastonbury if you're a person who bought a coach ticket. 

2 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

I'd be interested to know if any of you are going to choose a different festival this year and which one? 

I'm graduating this year, so before I enter the horrible world of proper longterm work I'm taking this summer to pack in as many fests as possible. Glastonbury was the last one to really sort out, and the one I was most hoping for, so gutted to miss out-now I just have to look for a replacement that weekend!

I'm wondering if there was less tickets available for secret resale as they announced the line up before people paid their balance. Thus eliminating the people who would normally say "I don't fancy that line up I want my money back" they just never paid the balance therefore back in big resale not secret one.

Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I don't think there were last year. They seem to have made the whole process more efficient (I would assume that's what they were aiming to do anyway) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the one last week was the only one. Having said that we can't know for sure, which is why keeping page alerts on until gates open makes sense. 

There wasn't last year either. I guess if you've gone ahead and booked your ticket + coach you'd probably feel more committed to holding on to that ticket, simply because you've spent more money and the sort of attitude you're likely to have about Glastonbury if you're a person who bought a coach ticket. 

It's those people who get a coach ticket in the official resale as a back up and try for a general ticket on a different registration number on the following Sunday .... For some people the cost of a coach seat is worth throwing away if they can get a general ticket.... You're not tied down to a fixed time and you can fill your car with more beer than you can drink!!

You can refund your festival ticket as its before the cancellation date, minus admin fee and coach ticket. 

Just now, Jennings74 said:

It's those people who get a coach ticket in the official resale as a back up and try for a general ticket on a different registration number on the following Sunday .... For some people the cost of a coach seat is worth throwing away if they can get a general ticket.... You're not tied down to a fixed time and you can fill your car with more beer than you can drink!!

You can refund your festival ticket as its before the cancellation date, minus admin fee and coach ticket. 

As far as I'm aware, you get part of the coach ticket back as well. While I agree that obviously some people try and do so, the number of people who both actually attempt this and then those who are successful in the end are probably pretty small. Hence no specific coach resale. 

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

As far as I'm aware, you get part of the coach ticket back as well. While I agree that obviously some people try and do so, the number of people who both actually attempt this and then those who are successful in the end are probably pretty small. Hence no specific coach resale. 

And with a coach ticket you can only resell from the same location as the cancelled one so not very practical .... I looks at coach tickets in the April resale but none were local to me so impractical 

Hi all, I haven't posted on here before but have been following this post as I am a local living in glastonbury who was away the week of local sales (they changed the date this year) so have been left without a ticket.  I tried normal sale and resale with no joy. I sent an email this afternoon mentioning the fact of being local and praying there may be an extra bit of luck as I live two streets away from the office... anyway thought I would share the response but afraid it's adding to the not looking promising if not all together sad..... looks like I need to book a holiday!

emily jane Hi, I was away when travelling when the local tickets went on sale (so missed the paper saying about the changes) after finding out to late through friends I have since then tried desperately on both
Today at 14:58

Hi Emily,

There won’t be any further ticket sales unfortunately, so at this stage all we can advise is keeping an eye out for any official competitions that are running.

Best wishes,

Glastonbury Festival

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk
Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/glastofest

Email Sig updated 3Love_Worthy_Farm_Leave_no_Trace_logo

The EU Referendum will take place on Thursday, June 23rd, the day after the gates open to Glastonbury 2016.  If you will be onsite at the Festival on 23rd June, you will need to register in advance for either a postal vote or a proxy vote as we are unable to offer a polling facility onsite. Please see our website for more information.

Edited by emilyjane
posted twice by accident

1 hour ago, mgc07 said:

I'd be interested to know if any of you are going to choose a different festival this year and which one? 

We r still living on hope of comp or another sale. We travel down from Aberdeen every year and have now started to think about alternatives just incase. We are presently looking at down the rabbit hole in Holland or west coast for the week. We have two other smaller festivals in Scotland planned (not T) later in summmer, looking forward to them but so sad re Glasto. We love it so much ! 

21 minutes ago, mrsstocksey said:

Quick question....has anyone done Latitude before? Thoughts? (Just looking at some alternatives)

Fun, diverse, very good non-music line-up, night-time stuff has got better and later over the years.

People are friendly, crime is low; very middle-class; doesn't have the Glastonbury vibe at all, but not many places do; LOTS of post A-levellers doing a lot of charlie.

Been three times and had a great time every time. Would happily go again.

Ben

36 minutes ago, lingle said:

We r still living on hope of comp or another sale. We travel down from Aberdeen every year and have now started to think about alternatives just incase. We are presently looking at down the rabbit hole in Holland or west coast for the week. We have two other smaller festivals in Scotland planned (not T) later in summmer, looking forward to them but so sad re Glasto. We love it so much !