Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

Really, if nothing happens today it's time to call it dead.  I would have said that yesterday had it not been for some of the changes they made, makes a really slim chance something happens today.

I'm feeling the same. Will start mentally preparing for TDay in October :lol:

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Had name, address, email to fill out as well as payment details.

The name etc were filled out on mine but with the first ticket details, but I was buying for someone else so had to change it all to my details so it matched my payment card, luckily had it all ready to copy and paste so just managed to get it on in time.

I said no to all other options, insurance, parking, cups etc. you can always phone seetickets after and try and get these adjusted if necessary!

So can I buy for someone else using my card details if I have them as the lead booker??

Obviously people would need the funds but has anyone considered pairing up or grouping up and doing shifts or taking it in turns to watch alternate days? At least that way we can keep the hope alive instead of calling it quits.

Edited by Katir

1 minute ago, Travis Tee said:

Sorry about this I have a ticket and I am trying to buy for 2 mates. Can I use my card details or should I use theirs??

You can use yours. But if you use the lead bookers it is easier because their address details are already there and wouldn't need to be entered manually.

Just now, Travis Tee said:

Sorry about this I have a ticket and I am trying to buy for 2 mates. Can I use my card details or should I use theirs??

Hi, you can use anyone's card details. I did the same myself 2 years ago, me and a friend got tickets and used (kindly with permission!) her husbands card to get them.

1 minute ago, Travis Tee said:

makes no differecen which card you use, Have booked lots of different tickets with different lead bookers on card lots of times before

9 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Cheers slight panic then, I am so nervous. Been going with these mates for years 

You don't need to change the address (as some have suggested you might) - just enter your card details and leave the address as it is. It'll just take up unnecessary time!! The address is the delivery address.

4 minutes ago, dan273 said:

Been looking at quite a few different festivals this morning, it's helped, I now feel that it's not actually the end of the world... AND there's always 2017 B)

We're thinking of Benicassim if this definitely the end.  Muse and Biffy on the beach are sounding more and more appealing at this moment.  It'll be just like going our holidays in Spain instead of Somerset.  Wickerman is off this year which is probably the alternative UK festival I'd have chosen but, yes we should all be positive and, it's not the end of the world.  Shouldn't this have technically been a fallow year anyway?

2 minutes ago, flickflucker said:

Friends of mine go to Y Not festival every year. They swear by it.

I might have to try it this year if no luck here.

http://www.ynotfestivals.co.uk/

Line up isn't to bad either.

Im thinking of going here as well this year, always a very similar line up to kendal but I've heard the crowds much better at Y Not, never been to either to say though

22 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

You don't need to change the address (as some have suggested you might) - just enter your card details and leave the address as it is. It'll just take up unnecessary time!! The address is the delivery address.

Surely you risk your transaction being declined if the cardholder's address is set as the lead booker's when they don't infact live there?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mark_safc said:

Surely you risk your transaction being declined if the cardholder's address is set as the lead booker's when they don't infact live there?

Nope - the address is nothing to do with the payment. The only thing you need for the payment to go through is name on card, card number, expiry and the 3 digits on the back. The address is in no way linked to the payment.

3 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Banking system doesn't match addresses, only the card data.  You can buy anything online and get it delivered to an alternative address. 

When paying the balance on my ticket, I changed the address from my billing address to be my boyfriend's work (and his name), and used my card details. When paying for a ticket for a friend in the secret resales, I entered my card details even though her name and address were on the booking. Both went through. The address is the delivery address!