Secret resales 2015

Terence99

48 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Without blowing my own trumpet I am quite the cook/baker. I think I can also sing fairly well too. Surely I can mash these things together and create a service for Glastonbury. I also need to stop drinking as soon as I get in from work. 

Florence started in the tiny tea tent before she got The Machine and you can always catch John Fairhurst pulling pints in The Bimble Inn

Just now, Jennings74 said:

Florence started in the tiny tea tent before she got The Machine and you can always catch John Fairhurst pulling pints in The Bimble Inn

Well there you go! I've definitely got more of a Nancy Sinatra inspired thing going on so hopefully that would be up and coming in like a decade when I finally pluck the courage

12 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Out of interest, how many people tend to be successful on here on the original sale?

I used to go every year from 04 to 09 and it was always fairly easy, it was a pain and sometimes took ages, but generally anyone that wanted one got one and if you were unlucky you'd definitely get one in the resale.

I was always under the impression that since the site capacity was extended, it would be easier, but now it seems even harder.

I've tried the October sale twice in a row now and failed both times. Luckily this year I got a coach ticket in April which was actually fairly easy, but the October one is an absolute nightmare.

This is the first year out of 9 that I had been unsuccessful in the October sale. I almost got one on the resale but someone had taken two people from our list of four onto their booking and when someone got through it didn't let the transaction go through because two on our list had been booked already, I was gutted.

13 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Out of interest, how many people tend to be successful on here on the original sale?

I used to go every year from 04 to 09 and it was always fairly easy, it was a pain and sometimes took ages, but generally anyone that wanted one got one and if you were unlucky you'd definitely get one in the resale.

I was always under the impression that since the site capacity was extended, it would be easier, but now it seems even harder.

I've tried the October sale twice in a row now and failed both times. Luckily this year I got a coach ticket in April which was actually fairly easy, but the October one is an absolute nightmare.

2013 was my first October fail.... None of my group managed to even get to the booking page, that was the year of the server ip link being posted on here but I didn't have a clue how to use it so missed out. 

I have had to rely on friends getting tickets in the main sale but this was the first year we were two short. We all failed in April and I missed out yesterday by a matter of minutes. But I'm staying optimistic cos it's Glastonbury and magical things can happen:girlwitch:

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

I first went in 2011 and was just given a wristband by my uncle who was a paramedic there.

Then in 2013 we bought our tickets from Eavis's granddaughter as my boyfriend vaguely knows her.

2014 I got lucky in the April resale after no luck in Oct and same again last year.

This year was the first year I've managed to get them in Oct and as I said earlier managed to get on 3 times! Just complete luck!

2 hours ago, emilyboris said:

I like that you have to put some degree of thought into the answer, unlike a lot of competitions you see online. I also noted that if you googled 'inventor flush toilet' the first wiki entry was wrong! 
Hope you have another email account to try again with

I like how if you enter 'who in' into google the top suggestion is "who invented the toilet". There's a lot of people entering this one I think. :)

9 hours ago, raoul_777 said:

I've read on other posts that they put tickets aside by Gate A for anyone that missed their coach, it's obviously not ideal as you'll be paying extra for a coach, but I guess it depends on how determined you are to come to the festival?

This is a relief to read! I don't go to bed Tuesday night as I worry about sleeping past my 20 alarms due to medication.

7 minutes ago, chellebellesweetness said:

This is a relief to read! I don't go to bed Tuesday night as I worry about sleeping past my 20 alarms due to medication.

Please don't depend on that, many more people say otherwise.

If you get a coach ticket, get a coach, they're ok really :) 

Just now, clarkete said:

Please don't depend on that, many more people say otherwise.

If you get a coach ticket, get a coach, they're ok really :) 

I got my coach ticket luckily in October but oversleeping my alarm has to be my worst nightmare! My chap....well he's currently being left at home lol, it wasn't until City won the league that he could afford to go hence the clutching at straws until the official SOLD OUT.

I had a double seat to myself last year on coach, they're alright!

3 minutes ago, chellebellesweetness said:

I got my coach ticket luckily in October but oversleeping my alarm has to be my worst nightmare! My chap....well he's currently being left at home lol, it wasn't until City won the league that he could afford to go hence the clutching at straws until the official SOLD OUT.

Good for you, there still might be a tiny coach resale where he can get one.  Don't believe the naysayers, they know sweet F :) 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Just been thinking about this some more.....

While cycling thru IP addresses might be the best possible solution for that sort of heavy traffic management (I've no real idea), its flaws as a method are jumping out at me. For example...

All of the NHS uses a single IP address as its public (http) gateway.

One or more of the phone networks channel all of the data traffic thru a handful of IPs (or at least did).

Etc, etc, etc.

I can see why they might have arrived at cycling thru IPs as a solution tho, as there can't be too many options.

I'll have to have another word with him. It was 2/3 years ago when I asked and I got the impression he wasn't really in to having work related chats. The bit about the phone networks is especially pertinent, as so many people have said they've been successful over 3/4G.

I should meeting him on the 28th, so I'll see if I can ease him into a chat about traffic management. :)

1 hour ago, JoshM87 said:

Personally I think it has got harder with the proliferation of mobile devices and wider internet access. I have been lucky in that since 1995 I have only failed to get tickets once - 2004. I couldn't go in 2008 but that was the Jay-Z year when tix only sold out the day before the festival! Have got tickets in main sale every year except 2007 when I got tickets in the resale with the help of people on here via an IM group!  :) I also managed to get a ticket in a random secret resale in 2009. Since registration came in we've managed to get them every year in the main sale -this year will be my 18th ( with 1984 and 1986 as well) !!  I don't know how we keep managing but fingers crossed for next year again!! Don't give up hope people :)