Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, JanieM28 said:

Just a note to say that, when I managed to get a caravan pass Monday lunchtime, it was fully 24 hours before they actually took the money from my account. So, if there is going to be another tiny flash sale, after some people's money fails to go through, I doubt anything will happen to give time for money to be fully processed.

Could anyone who managed to get GA tickets around this time yesterday please check their bank accounts to see if your a payment has has left your account.

It may be worth asking the Question in the thread about people who got tickets yesterday x 

I know someone that has fibre broadband - every time someone uses the connection they get through almost immediately in the general sale. This time he was away for the resale :-(

everyone else in the town around him seems to struggle to even get onto the holding page.

Just now, p.pete said:

Given the effort people who actually want tickets are prepared to go through - something different should be tried.  Put main sale tickets on early (e.g. 4/5am) Sunday morning and rate-limit them so that they sell steadily for 12/18 hours, only two per transaction.  I'd rather that then all going in a random 20 minute shoot out - hopefully all the good people who really want them now would already be sorted in the first marathon!

While that makes sense in a way, I'm sure there are also people who legitimately can't afford to spend 12-18 hours on the computer, so it would still be unfair to some.

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Given the effort people who actually want tickets are prepared to go through - something different should be tried.  Put main sale tickets on early (e.g. 4/5am) Sunday morning and rate-limit them so that they sell steadily for 12/18 hours, only two per transaction.  I'd rather that then all going in a random 20 minute shoot out - hopefully all the good people who really want them now would already be sorted in the first marathon!

2004 was like that ..... It took over 24 hours to sell out due to a server crash at Seetickets 

1 minute ago, dj matt james said:

I know someone that has fibre broadband - every time someone uses the connection they get through almost immediately in the general sale. This time he was away for the resale :-(

everyone else in the town around him seems to struggle to even get onto the holding page.

I have fibre broadband and it didn't help me in the main sale or the resale this year :-( 

2 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

This was my first time with fibre broadband, not a sniff, same as last year. The person who got our tickets got them on a 3G connection on a phone. It's luck.

It doesn't seem like there will be any changes to the ticket system soon. They get rid in a short amount of time, which is good for both festival and See, with the only main problem the past few years being people's disappointment-an inevitable consequence.

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I agree with you totally on this! I got as far as declining insurance only to get tickets not currently available. It's a bigger knock than not getting a page at all. 

It is unfair I got on the page twice in April then pressed proceed and just got put back on the holding page again. It was so frustrating 

1 minute ago, Jennings74 said:

2004 was like that ..... It took over 24 hours to sell out due to a server crash at Seetickets 

I think 2004 was the longest I've been awake outside of an actual festival.  30 odd hours of pressing f5 and I still didn't get tickets until a resale a few days later.

6 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Could anyone who managed to get GA tickets around this time yesterday please check their bank accounts to see if your a payment has has left your account.

Hasn't left mine yet, just showing as a pending payment. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

This was my first time with fibre broadband, not a sniff, same as last year. The person who got our tickets got them on a 3G connection on a phone. It's luck.

yeah I think so. But for some reason he has got through within minutes for the last 3 times. He got back in 3 times in october and got tickets every time. He got 4 lots of tickets before the rest of us even had a sniff. Perhaps he is gandalf?