Secret resales 2015

Terence99

5 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

The "secret" resales have been discussed on Facebook by loads of people ever since the general resale. My heart sunk every time I saw someone posting about it, but lots of people were keen to share the love this year. The curious would have googled and found this forum and signed up for alerts. No one being spoon fed links would have got through yesterday.

It's true that it was being more widely discussed anyway, but I do think that linking to this thread, on the day of the resale, made a difference to the number of people trying at the relevant time. And I don't think you can say that all the newly informed would have failed.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the clever http stuff is able to take an instruction on whether to follow a redirection or not.

I've chosen to not monitor the extras page in my own checker, but to instead go for the main URL, meaning that if See decided to change the redirection (which they could do at any moment) it will follow the new redirection.

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016-ticket-coach/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/910002

is this the link you are referring to, Neil?

on the glasto.seetickets.com page it now says - "tickets sold out" - had that always been the case.

Also on some screen shots, they added the pink button above the blue bar - the blue bar loaded a bit funny earlier in the week on my computer temporarily.... maybe they did have the coach sale - but it was very brief ?

1 minute ago, NommaG said:

Soooooo quiet today..

That's because all the tickets are sold.

It will pick up again in October.

:sorry:

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Woz101 said:

You have 6 IPs *in* your house or you have 6 publicly routable IP addresses on the external interface of your firewall? B)

The latter.

6 fully functional not-protected-ranges internet usable IP addresses.

A block of 5 is only a fiver a year.

If you have a block of 6 publically routable addresses on the external interface of your firewall, you have a complex network and are actually using more public IP addresses than many small businesses. You would also need some IP mapping rules to match external IPs to external ones unless you directly wanted to expose those devices to the internet which would be a Bad Idea.

No, I don't have a complex network. I guess I have a clever-ish router.

But it's merely a BT hub, and tho mine is branded 'business' all of the previous versions I've had have been identical to the 'home' versions (I've not actually checked out the latest version I have). The hub uses the device mac address to allocate the right IP to the right device, I think.

i had a server open to the 'net for years, with no problems at all .... but nowadays I've changed how I do some stuff so I don't have to have any of them open to the net, they're used for outgoing purposes only.

What I'm saying is that if you're using 6 addresses externally, then its complex compared to most! 

true, but nothing of it is actually complex. It's just some extra fixed addresses.

1 minute ago, Michaelgball said:

You can have all these mad backdoor links but at the end of the day.. the one link that will almost certainly change is..

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

They can just change a number on any of the other links and we'd never know they were on sale

I thought you passed away yesterday! Well done for rising like a Phoenix from the ashes...

:-)

6 minutes ago, MagicalGlitterBunny said:

tweet from seetickets 21hours ago - no plans for a resale, keep an eye on the site...

what does that mean

Absolutely nothing, same as the sold out message referred to earlier which has been up several times this week.

12 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Neil, am I correctly understanding that despite this, your opinion is that having separate IP addresses has no effect on the chances of getting tickets?

As I said, the first time I tried using all of the IPs in that way I failed to get tickets. I've not (personally) got tickets in any of the years since either, when I've not bothered using the other IPs.

Before the year I tried using all of the IPs I'd got thru ever year, no problems.

You can conclude whatever you like from that info, really.

But it's worth reading up with the psychology around how humans turn what is really 'luck' into a false idea of "I got lucky because I did something special", and then consider what I've said there again.

And then, maybe, you'll mostly ignore the claims of "do this, this definitely works". :)

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

As I said, the first time I tried using all of the IPs in that way I failed to get tickets. I've not (personally) got tickets in any of the years since either, when I've not bothered using the other IPs.

Before the year I tried using all of the IPs I'd got thru ever year, no problems.

You can conclude whatever you like from that info, really.

But it's worth reading up with the psychology around how humans turn what is really 'luck' into a false idea of "I got lucky because I did something special", and then consider what I've said there again.

And then, maybe, you'll mostly ignore the claims of "do this, this definitely works". :)

I'm shocked you even have to try and get tickets! You deserve the privilege of not having to try. 

12 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It's true that it was being more widely discussed anyway, but I do think that linking to this thread, on the day of the resale, made a difference to the number of people trying at the relevant time. And I don't think you can say that all the newly informed would have failed.

This is certainly true. What I'm trying to say is only the dedicated new people would have succeeded i.e those monitoring constantly. No one would have been able to have been fed the link quick enough. But yes, posting about it on the day gave it more visibility. But everyone was new to the secret resales once. Personally I think it's just the territory of Glastonbury. It's getting more and more popular at the moment - it's very much "in fashion", and any opportunity to get tickets is gaining more visibility as more people are trying desperately to get them.

The ticket system absolutely baffles me to be honest.

We had 3 full groups of 6 people trying.. so 18 of us in total. I ended up getting through 3 times and buying all 18 tickets in one session whilst not a single other person got through at all. 

So bizarre. My internet is just your basic Virgin 60mb download.. I've got a pretty nice pc setup but i don't think that contributes to much at all

Edited by Michaelgball