Secret resales 2015

Terence99

To clarify, they claimed they were giving back their ticket (so had already bought one!!!) and their profile is just endless RTing of anti-immigration rubbish, including apparent support for Putin, Trump and Katie Hopkins? 
They've replied to my scoffing claiming they go every year 'for the music'. Just genuine ignorance. Or total bs

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

To clarify, they claimed they were giving back their ticket (so had already bought one!!!) and their profile is just endless RTing of anti-immigration rubbish, including apparent support for Putin, Trump and Katie Hopkins? 
They've replied to my scoffing claiming they go every year 'for the music'. Just genuine ignorance. Or total bs

At least they'll be around to vote in the referendum. I wonder which way they'll vote...

5 hours ago, Slugworth said:

That just my opinion. Everyone who's on here all year round I would give my all to help. It gets linked to facebook and suddenly the whole world and his wife are here asking for people to help them get tickets. I know its in the Glasto spirit to do so but some of the community didn't get tickets at all. Seems a bit unfair.

Really hope there are more to come.

See you lucky ones on the farm in June B)

Oops hit the red instead of the green there, just levelled it out.... Basically I agree 

5 hours ago, DrewyandHolly said:

Hi @eFestivals did you get my email? When registering its still saying my email is wrong 

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

please email admin@chackpage.co.uk with details of the problem.

@DrewyandHolly Just in case: I believe that should be admin@checkpage.co.uk

Finally able to relax tonight after four days of mayhem, I really feel for all those still in limbo as it's not for the faint hearted this resale business. I missed out in the main sale in October and thought I'll worry about it in April. Needless to say I was pi$$ed off but spent the winter licking my wounds and thinking there's always the resale. April came and I got lucky in the coach resale at which point I thought everything was sorted however my donut brother in law's registration had expired and his ticket application kept getting kicked out so he missed out leaving me feeling guilty as hell. I assured him that it wasn't the end of the world as there was still the (not so) secret sales after refund deadline day to hopefully take place. Like many on here I spent the best part of four days reacting to alerts from check page e.t.c as if my life depended on it. There were moments of doubt, I was on a training course on Monday getting daggers from the instructor every time I reacted to a new alert. Today though I got lucky again, I even made a mistake with my debit cards expiry date and had time to change it to the right one after getting payment declined message. The sale window was not long but I had time to correct that mistake and still got confirmation. It must have been longer than the 20 seconds someone reported! Once again I thank Neil for his work on check page I wouldn't be writing this but for his service. My brother in law is obviously over the moon but I feel deflated as there are still people on here (that I don't even know ) with whom I've spent the last four days chasing shadows without tickets. I feel like I must continue watching out and reacting to any fresh alerts that come in. I will be happy to help if the opportunity arises! Good luck for those brave enough time carry on the vigil! I really hope there is another sale. For what it's worth in both resales I was out of the house - in April on my way home from work and at work today on 3's 4g network entering details on  iPhone 6. For the 'secret'sale additionally I used Neil's checkPage for the see tickets sites and web checker for iOS for efestivals page updates.

Here's hoping there's another sale to come!

Tanz 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Lou1983 said:

Oops hit the red instead of the green there, just levelled it out.... Basically I agree 

In  some respects if folks have come to the efestivals community for advice or assistance then it's sort of done it's job.

If they appreciate the help they may stick around and chat,  contribute or what have you -  in some respect plenty of regulars have been drawn in  by a search or recommendation. 

As the years pass  more people know about the different sales that take place and share that information,  hence the feverish and short sales.   Even 3 years ago very few people were monitoring the page change themselves, we just responded when told to, but it was still fevered and I had to just take any coach I could find. 

I have been monitoring the website page for the last week from my desktop PC at homes with an automated email to myself at work or to my phone all set up.  I came on the forum this evening on my phone and saw that tickets had been released.  Went to my PC that was humming away in the background with the screen off, and found that a windows update had rebooted the PC and turned my website monitor off.  Truly gutted.  Just hope there may be a last few tickets still to be released sometime.

I getting harder and harder to get tickets.....

The festival has obviously changed over the years and I may be wrong but in recent years it has become a bit more 'middle class' (I've absolutely nothing against that) and this has increased ticket demand. It used to be the case that when I talked about Glastonbury to most people they would scorn at camping and the loos and not being able to shower etc now the car parks are crammed with Land Rovers and exec cars. I respect the festival is for absolutely everyone and not just for hard-core revellers. To increase a better chance of getting tickets the festival needs is a bloody good mud bath similar to 2007. Tickets were on general sale on the opening day of the festival in 2008 mainly because of the wet weather and mud the year before and although we have had showers at most of the following festivals (apart from the 2010 heatwave) it has been mainly dry. That and the advent of social media has trumped up the demand. 

I've often wondered how the Tuesday night car-park party queue would cope it pelted it down whilst we were all sat in the open with all our stuff. 

To all those successful enjoy. 

To the rest (including me) dream of October. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, razzle1 said:

Still have no tickets! Not very good with techy stuff. Desperately want tickets. Only live 15 mins from site but still can't get in, not fair! Anyone out there help? Please?

Think it might be all over :( but you could try signing up for the checkpage just in case? It got me straight on the page yesterday but unfortunately didn't manage to get the tickets..

31 minutes ago, razzle1 said:

Still have no tickets! Not very good with techy stuff. Desperately want tickets. Only live 15 mins from site but still can't get in, not fair! Anyone out there help? Please?

Ahh that's crappy!

Well I can help, I was thinking of tunnelling in, if we start now we may be ready in time for June. Obviously got to keep it on the down low so we can only use hand trowels. Other option is to charter a small aircraft and fly over the festival for you to jump out Bear Grylls style.

As a serious idea I would suggest downloading checkpage but not investing all your time and sanity (like I have this week) in refreshing and page chasing. I also recommend checking out competitions ran by sponsors, companies and radio stations affiliated with the festival. If you're only 15 minutes away there is likely to be local radio stations giving away tickets I would think. Radio stations are generally closer to the time though.

Best of luck and I share your heartbreak. I got a bit drunk with my sorrows last night and booked a holiday to Amsterdam.

7 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Think it might be all over :( but you could try signing up for the checkpage just in case? It got me straight on the page yesterday but unfortunately didn't manage to get the tickets..

It probably is all over. But it's okay. I've found to just keep telling myself it is just a festival (as hard it is to admit) there will be more, it isn't the end of the world. If you don't manage to go treat yo self to something nice! 

9 minutes ago, Washangel said:

To increase a better chance of getting tickets the festival needs is a bloody good mud bath similar to 2007

Shall I start doing my rain dance?

(Not bitter at all, just joking) 

1 minute ago, DrewyandHolly said:

Can I just ask, I've signed up to the check page.. does the text message u receive take u straight to the link or do u still have to go in manually via your own Internet? Just want to be prepped just incase there's a miracle happening today? 

I was going to post a print screen of what it looks like but unfortunately I deleted the texts in anger yesterday haha.

it provides you with a link to the page for which has changed/you are monitoring.

3 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

It probably is all over. But it's okay. I've found to just keep telling myself it is just a festival (as hard it is to admit) there will be more, it isn't the end of the world. If you don't manage to go treat yo self to something nice! 

Yeh that's true, I think after the time put in checking the page it gets obsessive and hits you hard when you miss out. 

I went lit out last night with friends and it was so nice not continually checking my phone! 

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I feel worse today :sorry:

Don't feel worse! You aren't the only one; and much much worse things could have happened. Imagine this: you've travelled from Australia to Glastonbury and only on arrival do you realise you forgot your ticket. I really would wonder what would happen, could you imagine how shit that would be?!

anyway, keep hopes up, and if you don't end up going have a good old drink up, go out for dinner, spend some money, make yourself feel good. Just don't let it get you down, there will be others xX