Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

If it's any consolation to those that have missed out, speed of reaction only played a part. Like October and April, the main factor of success is sheer damn luck. I was on the page instantly as Neils alert came through and entered my payment....sold out before the payment could process. I genuinely could not have reacted quicker.

I think it's hard to compare years.... i suspect The Who, Flo and Kanye and 2015 had far, far more refunds than Muse, Adele and Coldplay so the amount of available tickets was minimal.

The refunds down to lineup would have been primarily resold in April, would they not? People chucking them back in because they weren't fussed.

Though I suppose a small contingent might have swung towards keeping their already-paid-for tickets due to headliner strength, but seems sort of unlikely to be a factor (but who knows, can't imagine what people who return tickets due to headliners ever think)

1 minute ago, cerv said:

Anyone care to guesstimate how many were sold? Shocked how quick that was. Can't see too many people screaming success on twitter. There are a few here but I could swear I saw more success stories in last year's resale thread. Clearly everyone is a lot more tooled up these days but you still need to react in the same way you would if they'd managed to get a tweet or facebook post out (as in previous years). Fingers crossed for the rest of you!

Someone in GlastoChat said his entire network of 100 people were sorted. Sounds ridiculous, but that's what he reported back.

4 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

The refunds down to lineup would have been primarily resold in April, would they not? People chucking them back in because they weren't fussed.

Though I suppose a small contingent might have swung towards keeping their already-paid-for tickets due to headliner strength, but seems sort of unlikely to be a factor (but who knows, can't imagine what people who return tickets due to headliners ever think)

I may be wrong but Flo being bumped up for The Foo's and The Who being annouced were all after the April resale date. We only knew Kanye in April unlike all 3 this time so last year may have had an abnormally large amount of refunds. 

Edited by Keithy

7 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

Camplight -- someone posted somewhere that they're recruiting. No idea if they have space for Glasto... but I can't actually see much of their work being done during the festival either (which is good!)

Does anyone have a link?

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I may be wrong but Flo being bumped up for The Foo's and The Who being annouced were all after the April resale date. We only knew Kanye in April unlike all 3 this time.

You're right! Should have checked the thingy. Was away last time so wasn't paying too much attention. I knew the poster was announced before resale but yeah those basing it primarily on headliners (lord knows why) may well have been miffed.

Edit: though Foo Fighters dropping out for Flo would have happened after refund deadlines 

Edited by emilyboris

Think I will give it a go tomorrow and Monday but then that's it for me. Will have to book something else. It was bad enough missing it last year when I knew it was impossible for me to go. Think seeing the coverage all over BBC and not being there will be a little too much for me!

Evening friends. Let me say how SHIT I feel about today. Like you guys I've been on here solid since Monday, fixed to the screen transfixed. I had to go to work today at 3.35. Can you believe that?????? 

Once driving for a couple of minutes I had the alert from SeeTickets Twitter and without reception was unable to do fuck all! The feeling of powerlessness over took me! 

Ive decided it wasn't meant to be so I am looking for alternative festivals.

be brave, move on and remember nobody died xxxxxxx

P.s. Don't watch the coverage on BBC, go and do something much better instead x

Edited by Katir
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Katir said:

Evening friends. Let me say how SHIT I feel about today. Like you guys I've been on here solid since Monday, fixed to the screen transfixed. I had to go to work today at 3.35. Can you believe that?????? 

Once driving for a couple of minutes I had the alert from SeeTickets Twitter and without reception was unable to do fuck all! The feeling of powerlessness over took me! 

Ive decided it wasn't meant to be so I am looking for alternative festivals.

be brave, move on and remember nobody died xxxxxxx

I had to miss a year one year because of work. I started a new job a week before the general sale in October. I was told I'd have to work 5 specific Saturdays a year when I started. They told me which 5 and of course one of them was Glastonbury. I tired for a ticket anyway and got one but had to give it up in April. My boyfriend and all my friends went. I was GUTTED. I filled what free-time I had that weekend with baths and seeing friends who weren't at Glastonbury. It was ok. I survived.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Simpo said:

That sale happened utterly at the wrong time, on the wrong day for me. Yesterday, Tuesday, or 2 flippin' 30 today I'd have been on it.

Being going through the stages of grief since. This limbo of not quite being sure whether we've had our chips or not is a bit crappy isn't it? Hmmm. Trying to figure out if I look generic enough for a suitable 2nd hand ticket to be found, plus put myself on the reserve list for the people I volunteered with last year.

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd go for second hand ticket....

3 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

I had to miss a year one year because of work. I started a new job a week before the general sale in October. I was told I'd have to work 5 specific Saturdays a year when I started. They told me which 5 and of course one of them was Glastonbury. I tired for a ticket anyway and got one but had to give it up in April. My boyfriend and all my friends went. I was GUTTED. I filled what free-time I had that weekend with baths and seeing friends who weren't at Glastonbury. It was ok. I survived.

Had tickets last year but friends decided they didn't want to go so very reluctantly cancelled. Went on holiday to Scotland instead and ended up going to Glenfinnan, Mull, Iona and Loch Tay, then headed back to Edinburgh for friends birthday, didn't watch any of the coverage, couldn't bear it. Had a lovely holiday though.

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Just when I thought I was emotionally recovering I go to clean up my email inbox for the day and BAM I see all the email alerts from earlier. My wound has been reopened...

I did this too about an hour ago. Made me so sad as because of my push alerts being slow they were what I missed... :sorry:

In other news I just did a curiousity based search of people selling tickets for glastonbury on twitter (it's just people asking for them of course). Saw a tweet from someone expressing distress that Glastonbury had been 'hijacked by politics' after Corbyn was invited to speak at LF.

The mind boggles. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Well zero risk for the seller surely?   Too late for a refund and they don't care if the person gets in. 

True. but it's surprisingly difficult to sell one! People aren't crazy about buying a ticket with someone else's photo on. I sold one last year and the person got in. It's a risk the buyer takes. But also at this stage it's a risk everyone with a ticket takes if they can't sell it!

Just now, emilyboris said:

In other news I just did a curiousity based search of people selling tickets for glastonbury on twitter (it's just people asking for them of course). Saw a tweet from someone expressing distress that Glastonbury had been 'hijacked by politics' after Corbyn was invited to speak at LF.

The mind boggles. 

Amazing.