Secret resales 2015

Terence99

16 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Isn't this link working at the moment, it allows you to enter reg details?

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/900001

Its been live for a while after you enter the reg. you get

"Admission tickets are currently unavailable."

If I needed a ticket I would be checking regularly.

The host page

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Tour/Glastonbury-2016

will probably change when tickets go back on sale, it changed today for the Sunday tickets.

I'm a first timer at glasto and incredibly excited by the whole thing.. It seems that the ticket buying process is a total lottery and I was lucky that one of my fellow glasto virgins managed to secure tickets in the first sale.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make people pay the full balance up front in the original sale rather than have people speculate on the line up and pay a small deposit to secure tickets to then cancel a few months later once the line up is drip fed to the public  and they then don't fancy it. 

It would probably cut down the number of people going for the initial sale and would make it sligltly less of a headache for those people who want to go to glasto for the 'glasto experience' and are happy to pay up front regardless of who is playing. 

How you people manage to get tickets year in year out beats me. But I admire the patience and perseverance .

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I'm a first timer at glasto and incredibly excited by the whole thing.. It seems that the ticket buying process is a total lottery and I was lucky that one of my fellow glasto virgins managed to secure tickets in the first sale.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make people pay the full balance up front in the original sale rather than have people speculate on the line up and pay a small deposit to secure tickets to then cancel a few months later once the line up is drip fed to the public  and they then don't fancy it. 

It would probably cut down the number of people going for the initial sale and would make it sligltly less of a headache for those people who want to go to glasto for the 'glasto experience' and are happy to pay up front regardless of who is playing. 

How you people manage to get tickets year in year out beats me. But I admire the patience and perseverance .

It's for the festival's benefit not the punters. The deposit gives them a chunk of money upfront and the ability to gauge demand.

I'm surprised they haven't given the option to pay the full balance upfront, though unless that was proven to be successful I think they will stick with the deposit system as a minimum.

Not entirely sure the festival need to worry about demand. I can't remember the last time I read Glastonbury was undersubscribed .. And if people paid the full balance upfront they'd then receive an even bigger chunk of money. 

I guess if it ain't broke it don't need fixing.

15 minutes ago, blackred said:

It's for the festival's benefit not the punters. The deposit gives them a chunk of money upfront and the ability to gauge demand.

I'm surprised they haven't given the option to pay the full balance upfront, though unless that was proven to be successful I think they will stick with the deposit system as a minimum.

The earlier sales were introduced because the festival felt that the later sale of tickets was impacting on people wanting to buy them, the line of thought being that people were purchasing tickets for other festivals first. 

It's probably no coincidence that the deadline for the balance payments is 7th April, which would mean the festival receives the money in a new financial year. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

They used to offer both options on T day.  You pick to pay up or pay 50 quid.  Then they changed it to offer deposits only... I wanna say from the 2010 sale but can't be sure. I do know that my first year 2008 sale for 2009 fest and possibly the following year had the options.

First time for me it was easy.. 2nd year the full option wasn't working so switched to the deposit options and got thru.   That year I was in a hotel had time to go down to reception get the wifi code and then start trying after my sister rang to say she was having trouble with my postcode...imagine that luxury 

had to wait about 8 hrs for the confirmation email tho...

I am new to this thread but this is the first time in a few years that we were unsuccesful with getting tickets and are desperate to attempt to get some in the secret resales. 

I see many are asking to be added to your alerts Siblin, is there any possibility of this too? Or any other advice you can lend for someone desperate to get some tickets? 

Many thanks in advance!! 

12 hours ago, andyb66 said:

The festival needs to be doing more to make itself affordable not less. It's the priciest festival in the country on basic price, how can the festival continue with its values if it's cutting out the people who it was and is built by and says it cares about? We will get to  a stage where only a certain type of person can afford to go to the festival.

I actually don't think the cost of the festival is too outrageous.  I packed my bundles of joy off to V a couple of years ago and it was 200 each for 3 nights so on reflection 230 for glasto didn't seem bad value..

1 hour ago, princess4747 said:

Glastonbury have told me it can be any day or time from May 6th onwards! The suspense... 

Oh wow, they've actually confirmed to you there will be one?

1 hour ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

The festival needs to be doing more to make itself affordable not less. It's the priciest festival in the country on basic price, how can the festival continue with its values if it's cutting out the people who it was and is built by and says it cares about? We will get to  a stage where only a certain type of person can afford to go to the festival.

The festival ticket prices usually go up less than the rate of inflation so are getting cheaper in real terms (though recent years of low inflation has changed that), and its a 5 day festival.  When you account for other festivals early entry costs and onsider how much goes to the worthy causes etc i don't think they can be accused of profiteering.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

If you want it to be cheaper then it has to be smaller. You simply can't put on a festival of it's size otherwise. Their costs are going up every year and that has to be reflected in the ticket price. I still think it is the best value for money festival by far.

Just now, siblin said:

Oh wow, they've actually confirmed to you there will be one?

The festival ticket prices usually go up less than the rate of inflation so are getting cheaper in real terms (though recent years of low inflation has changed that), and its a 5 day festival.  When you account for other festivals early entry costs and onsider how much goes to the worthy causes etc i don't think they can be accused of profiteering.

I sent a polite e-mail asking and they responded saying May after the refund deadline date but they did say 'the chances of securing one would be quite small' 

21 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I actually don't think the cost of the festival is too outrageous.  I packed my bundles of joy off to V a couple of years ago and it was 200 each for 3 nights so on reflection 230 for glasto didn't seem bad value..

Agreed - at least with Glasto there's 5 days and nights of fun. V festival is a massive rip off, only 2 days of music and EVERYTHING i mean literally everything closes before midnight!

I think Glastonbury is pretty reasonable considering - at least you aren't held hostage by extortionate arena price like V/Leeds/T, you can choose to lump your own booze about!

2 minutes ago, princess4747 said:

I sent a polite e-mail asking and they responded saying May after the refund deadline date but they did say 'the chances of securing one would be quite small' 

And that is sadly true, but with the help of people on here hopefully its "Small", rather than "Almost Zero"

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Keithy said:

If you want it to be cheaper then it has to be smaller. You simply can't put on a festival of it's size otherwise. Their costs are going up every year and that has to be reflected in the ticket price. I still think it is the best value for money festival by far.

13 minutes ago, siblin said:

Being affordable doesn't necessarily mean affecting the price. The original post was calling for the deposit scheme to be scrapped, which is a key way for younger people/people on a lower income or similar circumstances to ensure they can attend the festival.

I fully agree the festival is worth the price but it can always do more to ensure more people can attend the festival. The deposit scheme is now a staple thanks to Glastonbury leading the way, but things such as installment plans should be looked at as now.

If people get tickets just in case they like the lineup, the deposit scheme is levelled out by those who might be ruled out from the festival otherwise.

14 hours ago, blackred said:

paying the deposit up front gives them 100,000 x £50 to pop in the bank for several months, that's a lot of interest, if I was cynical that is .

5 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Being affordable doesn't necessarily mean affecting the price. The original post was calling for the deposit scheme to be scrapped, which is a key way for younger people/people on a lower income or similar circumstances to ensure they can attend the festival.

I fully agree the festival is worth the price but it can always do more to ensure more people can attend the festival. The deposit scheme is now a staple thanks to Glastonbury leading the way, but things such as installment plans should be looked at as now.

If people get tickets just in case they like the lineup, the deposit scheme is levelled out by those who might be ruled out from the festival otherwise.

Yeah that's true.  I quite like the current deposit scheme, but it would be good to allow balance payments in part, and not restricted to the balance window.