Secret resales 2015

Terence99

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

the system will not let extra purchases on the same registration number , dont forget resale limited to 4 tickets , and secret resales 2 , the full balance must be paid in both

Pretty sure it's 4 in the secret resales as well. I bought 3 in the secret sale last year.

6 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

on brave sir robins playlist come across some good ska by a group called `imperial leisure` cant remember seeing them on the poster, are they a strong rumour or one of those that have self confirmed, will def check them out if they are gonna be there.

Imperial leisure are TBC I think? Must of self confirmed? They're great! I saw them at a small festival close to home in Cornwall last year! :) 

been reading through this for tips and dates this morning. I thought we were sorted this year, but it turns out far from it!

My girlfriend's brother used to get DLA for his dyslexia and other learning issues but because of the Tories he is not eligible for the new version of DLA, PIP. Glastonbury have therefore declined to issue us a PA ticket for his dad to come and as we thought we were home and hosed we never bought him one when we got our other 3.

We will be trying in the resale for his dad so we can all go, failing that will have to try for BOTH of them in the secret sales after the refund period on May 6th ends (after refunding the original ticket as we can't be sure his dad will get one and he won't come without his dad).

Chrome page monitor is very good, I used it last year on secret resales for a few mates and offered my help to people on here who were struggling. The advantage of the secret resales are that if you already have it loaded and waiting with a monitor on you are the first on. Them few seconds between the monitor going off and See tweeting they have tickets available are vital when it comes to securing your ticket. I could have ordered as many as I liked last year for the first 2/3 mins of the sale.

• Upvote 1

Ah I'm sorry to hear that, and I do hope you manage to get things sorted one way or the other.

I downloaded chrome page monitor yesterday - do you have to have the ticket page open also for it to check, or does it automatically check any relevant pages and then notify you of any changes even if the page it is checking is not open?

I use two screens at work so I could always have chrome open on one screen and work on the other, so no biggy if I can't find a suitable Firefox alternative! In any case, if I'm successful in the resale, then this all becomes a bit redundant. Although useful to know generally I guess.

1 hour ago, djdavejohnson said:

Is anybody aware of a decent Firefox page monitor add on? I saw the chrome one listed earlier however at work I have to make do with an older version of Firefox as it's the only version compatible with commercial banking software.

Bloody banks.

Yeah, bloody banks, losing our money AND stopping access to resales.

(Edit - presupposes you have Android, not iOS)

Anyway, I couldn't find a decent plugin for Firefox, so I stuck with Chrome.  If you have your phone available at work and have access to wifi (we do at the Council), how about an app like 'Web Alert'? I've just installed it to test and use in the future (we got tickets) but it looks configurable for both wifi and 3G access with separate settings.

Edited by carlosj

26 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Yeah, bloody banks, losing our money AND stopping access to resales.

(Edit - presupposes you have Android, not iOS)

Anyway, I couldn't find a decent plugin for Firefox, so I stuck with Chrome.  If you have your phone available at work and have access to wifi (we do at the Council), how about an app like 'Web Alert'? I've just installed it to test and use in the future (we got tickets) but it looks configurable for both wifi and 3G access with separate settings.

Thanks for the advice - I will definitely give that a try. I have my phone on me which runs android and I have access to wi-fi so that should work.

On 30/03/2016 at 2:17 PM, fightoffyour said:

Yep it stops you, and if one registration is involved in multiple groups, having one reg's ticket bought will stop you buying the whole second group until you've gone back through to remove it, so be careful as you can miss out on tickets this way - I speak from experience.

Excellent post this. Everyone in the group has to be on their toes and keep in touch with the others in an every second counts kinda way. The more people you have trying for you the better but it can cause problems. 

On 31/03/2016 at 9:38 AM, djdavejohnson said:

Ah I'm sorry to hear that, and I do hope you manage to get things sorted one way or the other.

I downloaded chrome page monitor yesterday - do you have to have the ticket page open also for it to check, or does it automatically check any relevant pages and then notify you of any changes even if the page it is checking is not open?

I use two screens at work so I could always have chrome open on one screen and work on the other, so no biggy if I can't find a suitable Firefox alternative! In any case, if I'm successful in the resale, then this all becomes a bit redundant. Although useful to know generally I guess.

No you don't need the page open all the time. Page monitor does all the hard work. Open the glastonbury ticket page in chrome (glastonbury.seetickets.com) then click on the Page Monitor icon in the top right. Then click monitor page. Then right click the page monitor icon go into options and change the check interval to 5 seconds. 

Hope this helps!

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 1:46 AM, thatcrazypenguin said:

on brave sir robins playlist come across some good ska by a group called `imperial leisure` cant remember seeing them on the poster, are they a strong rumour or one of those that have self confirmed, will def check them out if they are gonna be there.

They self confirmed, even mentioned the (little) stage but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I saw them at Bearded Theory a few years back, excellent live band, front man is a loon.

24 minutes ago, Krazypinkminx said:

just had an update to chrome page manager, it now emails you the changes :D 

How did you do that?

I downloaded chrome browser last night and set up seetickets page on it. Couldn't seem to find an option for e-mail alerts though, only desktop alerts?

4 minutes ago, wwinstanley said:

How did you do that?

I downloaded chrome browser last night and set up seetickets page on it. Couldn't seem to find an option for e-mail alerts though, only desktop alerts?

I was just sitting here listening to music and my chrome broweer opened a tab and it had an update to visualping, from the chrome extension, so i thought it was fake, but googled it and its a new version, you get 2 page checks a day with server, and lots of browser checks, i registered with my email and it now lets me choose 2 pages to get emails for. obviously the main glasto link for tickets and ive used a glasto / landing/ resale link too. plus others as normal checks with pings

13 minutes ago, Krazypinkminx said:

I was just sitting here listening to music and my chrome broweer opened a tab and it had an update to visualping, from the chrome extension, so i thought it was fake, but googled it and its a new version, you get 2 page checks a day with server, and lots of browser checks, i registered with my email and it now lets me choose 2 pages to get emails for. obviously the main glasto link for tickets and ive used a glasto / landing/ resale link too. plus others as normal checks with pings

Thanks, I'll have a look later :)