Secret resales 2015

Terence99

To be honest I don't think it matters if people tweet, as I think it takes dedication to be waiting this long for a potential unannounced resale to possibly happen.

I think most people who didn't get tickets in the resale would of thought "Oh fuck, didn't get them. I'll try next year,"

Or they would of bought tickets for another festival

The 'secret' resales are still relatively unknown.

Getting tickets in the main sale and resale is just sheer pot luck. This one takes patience and hard graft.

There aren't too many people who get off on this stuff but live for music festivals. Thumbs up!

I remember I saw a guy walking around at the festival last year with a 'I heart MPLS' t-shirt on. I wondered if he was from Minneapolis or was a networks guy who was way over the edge. If it was the latter, I should have said something - he would have loved it.

tehehe... was "the edge" a deliberate pun?

what language are you using? i wouldn't run diff to check for differences in a md5 hash as you'll get a lot of false positives.

i stripped any lines containing:

/script type/

/<noscript>/

/SEE.options/

then just ran diff, and it was fine. inelegant but worked a treat. got a ticket :D

this was just in bash. simplicity.

Hey :)

Not using diff on the hash. The md5 hash is on the contents (after I've regex'd out what I noticed was changing each time... serverTime). Every time a change is detected in the hash, the contents of the page are being written to a file (again with the serverTime parsed out) and then the next time there is a change a diff is run on the previous contents against current contents.

I am thinking possibly that since I have added this script to cron and is run in the first second of every minute, this is happening at the same time as some javascript shenanigans (new Date().getTime()).

So more development needed :)

Also, after many direct emails asking about the resale, GFL are now responding that any resale will be advertised on its website. So, it now appears that the cat is well and truly out of the bag and that from now on the 'secret' resale is destined to become simply the 'second' resale.

It was 'advertised' last year, just not so prominently.

I agree though, pestering seetickets and GFL (especially via twitter) isn't going to do anyone any favours. Eventually they may just say "yep it'll be at 3pm on Wednesday... good luck!" and it'll be the same as the other sales

It was 'advertised' last year, just not so prominently.

I agree though, pestering seetickets and GFL (especially via twitter) isn't going to do anyone any favours. Eventually they may just say "yep it'll be at 3pm on Wednesday... good luck!" and it'll be the same as the other sales

Good things come to those that wait [silently]

In my opinion how and when you find out that there is a possibility of getting a ticket another way than the standard sales doesn't make you more or less worthy of being involved a group supporting each other to get to the festival.

To be honest I don't think it matters if people tweet, as I think it takes dedication to be waiting this long for a potential unannounced resale to possibly happen.

Of course it makes a difference. The more tweets and chatter on social media the more people will become aware that there is still a chance.

Simple logic means that the more folk aware of potential resales means more people will try and the maths is just as simple. The more people trying the less the probability of any one individual getting a ticket.

Simples really

People tweeting See, Emily, GlastoFest etc have just been replied with - "There are no plans for anymore resales."

That's enough to put most off even trying. It's still relatively unknown to people not clued up. I think everyone who is trying on here will get one no problem if you're on at the right time. Good luck! I've got a ticket but am trying for my uncle.

Hey :)

Not using diff on the hash. The md5 hash is on the contents (after I've regex'd out what I noticed was changing each time... serverTime). Every time a change is detected in the hash, the contents of the page are being written to a file (again with the serverTime parsed out) and then the next time there is a change a diff is run on the previous contents against current contents.

I am thinking possibly that since I have added this script to cron and is run in the first second of every minute, this is happening at the same time as some javascript shenanigans (new Date().getTime()).

So more development needed :)

though I think using diff as your logic vs an MD5 checksum will reduce the amount of false positives caused by whitespace or CRLF conversions (though sometimes filtering out whitespace is necessary anyway - they have a habit of adding blank lines). MD5 is kinda overkill on comparing a couple of HTML/code/text files

Edit: from man diff(1)

An exit status of 0 means no differences were found, 1 means some differences were found, and 2 means trouble.

Edited by siblin

though I think using diff as your logic vs an MD5 checksum will reduce the amount of false positives caused by whitespace or CRLF conversions (though sometimes filtering out whitespace is necessary anyway - they have a habit of adding blank lines). MD5 is kinda overkill on comparing a couple of HTML/code/text files

Yeah... when I started fiddling a couple of days ago I just just got an md5 hash of the content and compared results from the previous check, I then realised there were false positives due to a certain variable changing each time, so I parsed out that variable before getting the hash.

Today I added a function to do a diff on the (parsed) contents and e-mail me the results (if the hashes didn't match).. but I see I have more development to do (and possibly a rethink on strategy :) ).

Considering I found this forum by googling "Glastonbury Secret Resales"... I don't think it's the world's best kept secret :P

No one is pretending it is. But tweeting GF or see tickets asking when a secret resale is is only going to publicise the opportunity of one to a much wider audience. Which to my mind is a stupid thing to do.

Edited by OBface

Did anyone start up that Whatsapp group?

I don't have whatsapp mate but if you dm me your number il text you if anything changes,but thought I'd let you know,I haven't been camping on here so I may miss something. I know I've said it loads of times but I really don't think it is this week.

No one is pretending it is. But tweeting GF or see tickets asking when a secret resale is is only going to publicise the opportunity of one to a much wider audience. Which to my mind is a stupid thing to do.

Well there seems to be very little chatter on twitter checking #secretresales #glasto #glasto2015 and another one to watch is the #twisto camp who all buy for each other and they haven't mentioned anything.

Google on the other hand is the first place I and it seems many other people turn to and this forum is right up there.

Just sayin'