Best Memory from T

SilverLining

I feel the same hamishrankin, festivals are a shadow of what they were in the last decade and I never got to experience it.

I think they could've got QOTSA or RHCP if they'd have tried in the past 2/3, and they'd have been recieved well imo. I understand they need edm/pop etc. to sell well but the odd big American rock band booking implace of a repeat Stereophonics/Kasabian/Snow Patrol booking would improve TITP a lot. But they just don't wanna do it, 2011 seemed to be the end of all that.

I feel the same hamishrankin, festivals are a shadow of what they were in the last decade and I never got to experience it.

I think they could've got QOTSA or RHCP if they'd have tried in the past 2/3, and they'd have been recieved well imo. I understand they need edm/pop etc. to sell well but the odd big American rock band booking implace of a repeat Stereophonics/Kasabian/Snow Patrol booking would improve TITP a lot. But they just don't wanna do it, 2011 seemed to be the end of all that.

They definitely could have got QOTSA last year if they had really tried, they only did R&L. I do think last years line up was very predictable with they way Paolo released his album and Biffy and AM the year before. Once in a while they should try pull a surprise out the bag like Glasto did with Kanye and not just stick with "lets sign up who's released an album in the last 18 months. IOW did it last year with RHCP, Glasto do it every year and R&L did it with Blink, Download do it every year as well, it's t who go with album releases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favourite memory is seeing The Who. My favourite ever band at my first ever festival. Got into them just after Entwistle died and didn't ever expect to see them (well technically half of them, but it was still awesome).

Saw someone else mention Chase & Status in 2011. I only knew a few of their songs before it and mainly went to see them so I had a good spot for Primal Scream. They absolutely blew me away, outstanding gig.

Another unexpected one for me in King Tuts was Xavier Rudd. My friend wanted to see him and when the guys setting up the stage brought out a didgeridoo I wondered what the hell he'd taken us to, but it was brilliant.

Other than the Who most of my happiest memories from T are in King Tuts now I think of it. Being in a rammed out tent for Ocean Colour Scene and Glasvegas was awesome and really enjoyed Pixies last year (even if they didn't manage to pack the tent)

2008 the King Tuts on Friday night was rammed for The Music's come back tour, utterly the best thing I have seen not only at T but the 30+ other fests I have been to. They are the closest thing a band can come to dance music without being electronic lol

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna go for a top 3.

The Flaming Lips in 2003: Get there because I'd not even heard them before T, and I decided to give them a shot due to them taking the spot of The White Stripes, who I was planning on seeing, and it was a fabulous set from them.

Travis in 2013: Yup. 10 years later. I seen Travis at the SECC 11 years previous and it wasn't the best of gigs, so again, this one comes from pure surprise. A dodgy start ended up moving onto a hit laden last few songs which had the place in the palm of their hands. Great show.

The Enemy in 2012: I actually did expect a good set from this, but was still blown away by it. They had an energy about them and the packed tent was well up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

The first band i saw were No Doubt back in 2002, when Gwen Stefani climbed up the riging at the side of the stage, but my best memory is probly from the Main stage in 2007. Paulo, The Fratelli's then Kings of Leon back to back, all when they were either first starting out or in KOL's case, still making great music!

The view(07), fratellis, stereophonics, james, snowpatrol(07), Noel Gallagher, stone roses, pulp, artic monkeys, placebo (01?), David gray, chase and status, travis, king Charles(lol), Calvin Harris, coldplay, foo fighters, the streets, Amy MacDonald, Keane, kaiser chiefs, Paolo nutini, killers(07)

I didn't see The Killers in 2007 because I knew that Brian Wilson headlining the now gone Pet Sounds Arena was a proper moment that I would never forget. I wasn't wrong. One of the best nights I've ever had.

My wife still goes on about the Killers set in '07

Wouldn't have missed Brian Wilson for any one

Still one of the best moments i've experienced