Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

RE Run the Jewels, they have been played on Radio 1 by Phil Taggart and Zane Lowe, and a track featuring them has been played by Huw Stephens. And they've been on 1xtra a bunch on Semtex' show. Doesn't really indicate how much but it's not like they're unknown to the station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/a80c5dc5-b12e-4667-9f5a-b568961f3839

Okay all of you need to sign a pact that says you won't start disliking them once they've got a shit load of radio one attention :P

I bet yellow fellow has already started to dislike them...

Remember when you first signed up and I said you don't need to shit talk me to be accepted on these boards?

That didn't just mean the R&L boards.

• Upvote 1

Since they've un-cancelled, I've been blasting both albums continuously. I'm totally psyched for their appearance. They've come up with two absolute belters of an album. I just hope the crowd lose it as they definitely should. RTJ have the potential to be a huge Glastonbury moment, no doubt.

Since they've un-cancelled, I've been blasting both albums continuously. I'm totally psyched for their appearance. They've come up with two absolute belters of an album. I just hope the crowd lose it as they definitely should. RTJ have the potential to be a huge Glastonbury moment, no doubt.

I'll be kicking my height when they're on, don't worry about that.

Put RTJ2 on in the car yesterday, it's impossible to play that anything other than as loud as the speakers allow. Probably looked a right dick with it blasting out the windows in my old Astra but it sounded amazing!

i'm actually gutted that they won't just get to play both albums back to back because there isn't a single song on either of them that i'd choose to be left off. this set's gonna be incredible. i'm actually scared to see some people on here's reactions when there's an inevitable awful clash and they have to come to terms with possibly missing these guys

There's little on that lineup that I'd even contemplate missing for them.

Only just realised this week that Blockbuster was its own song, assumed it was the second part to Oh My Darling ever since I started listening to the album. That's the problem with listening to stuff on your mobile, you ignore the little things.

Meh I don't know anyone possible for Friday that I'd choose over them. I'm already anticipating a Motorhead clash and there's no contest there really.

ah i keep forgetting they're a sure thing for the Friday. a Motorhead clash would absolutely suck, and considering i'll be seeing RTJ a month earlier at Primavera, i think i'd have to choose Motorhead. but please lineup gods... don't let me have to make that choice. RTJ after Motorhead / over Flo would do me nicely