Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

Just gonna echo everyone's sentiments here, bloody brilliant. I had well earned high expectations and they might have surpassed them. Big release.

Also done us a solid easing the congestion with all the albums dropping tomorrow as well. Pity the weather couldn't hold out.

5 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

If I am not wrong they are touring with Rage and they have dates in USA during Glasto weekend :(

I’d take a tour, missed their Brixton shows last time out. I couldn’t see them playing anywhere bigger than that when they bring RT4 to the UK. As decent as they are I don’t think they’re likely to be picked up by radio 1, kiss, and capital to be played to the masses anytime soon.

Didn't realise they were already booked up for glasto weekend next year, bummer.  I'd been hoping they would be on the bill with Rage at Leeds this year before that all went tits up.  Hoping to see both next year come what may.  That's about the best double header you could hope for in my eyes.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately that's exactly where I can see them playing.

Aye. They played Albert Hall a few years ago and tore it apart, be great if they went back. 

If they gotta play there hopefully they play Leeds/Liverpool as well and I'll make a night of it.

35 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I’m just hoping they do Brixton again, and don’t play Wembley Arena. Find it so hard to gauge their size outside of this forum, they get 0 radio airtime and despite the rave reviews can’t see them breaking into the mainstream.

Maybe Ally Pally? Brixton probably the safest bet though. 

I saw them at The Roundhouse on the last tour which was insane.

28 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It's not their best for me (that's 2 - which is up there with anything released this century for me), but it's still a very strong album. El's beats have gone up a notch.

This gave me a similar ‘fuck this is good’ feeling to 2 when I first listened to it, but I agree 2 is a tough one to beat. Incredible album.

Obviously it’s still early days with this one, but I’d rank em 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 (tried and tried with 3, and I do enjoy most of it, but I always thought it was a bit of a disappointment/overlong, especially after 2).

40 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I can get on board with Ally Pally, hit and miss venue at times when I’ve been. But I like everything about the sound of that, apart from the up hill walk beforehand

Just get the bus from Wood Green station for £1!