Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Holy fuck the atmosphere at the Roundhouse was absolutely outstanding. 

Agreed, very rarely have I seen a London Saturday night crowd so fucking up for it and into an act. Outstanding.

They would smash an afternoon Pyramid slot much like Skepta last year and I'd be very tempted if they headlined JPT against anyone.

But yeah after seeing them tonight, I am down for Pyramid and some sort of special SE corner slot =p

5 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Agreed, very rarely have I seen a London Saturday night crowd so fucking up for it and into an act. Outstanding.

They would smash an afternoon Pyramid slot much like Skepta last year and I'd be very tempted if they headlined JPT against anyone.

But yeah after seeing them tonight, I am down for Pyramid and some sort of special SE corner slot =p

Performance-wise they'd smash it but no one would know the songs. They don't exactly have a Shutdown or a That's Not Me. Would be a laugh sticking them on in front of the camping chair brigade, mind.

Last night was SO GOOD - really looking forward to them in June! What are thoughts on a Sonic headline spot similar to Nas slot a few years ago? Too small? 

Would love a triumphant return to WH as headliners but in my dreams... also agree on them not really having anything mainstream enough for the Pyramid slot Skepta took last year although Close Your Eyes maybe?  Hard to tell... 

• 1 month later...

What are we all thinking for these boys at the moment? With Bonobo now ruled out of that Saturday night JP headline slot and DJ Shadow surely towards the top of JP that night (confirmed Saturday, not on WH or in Silver Hayes) I'm starting to believe they could be headlining it with him subbing, and one of them guesting with the other (dunno which way round it'd be) for Nobody Speak.

They're also headlining Field Day so may have a headline set ready and therefore want to headline a stage.

They're pretty much my only remaining hope for a decent Saturday headliner on the main stages so I'm probably getting ahead of myself in excitement, also due to how amazing it would be compared to a mid-Other slot (where they'll probably still end up, cba).

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

What are we all thinking for these boys at the moment? With Bonobo now ruled out of that Saturday night JP headline slot and DJ Shadow surely towards the top of JP that night (confirmed Saturday, not on WH or in Silver Hayes) I'm starting to believe they could be headlining it with him subbing, and one of them guesting with the other (dunno which way round it'd be) for Nobody Speak.

They're also headlining Field Day so may have a headline set ready and therefore want to headline a stage.

They're pretty much my only remaining hope for a decent Saturday headliner on the main stages so I'm probably getting ahead of myself in excitement, also due to how amazing it would be compared to a mid-Other slot (where they'll probably still end up, cba).

Although I'd miss it due to being at Foos, that'd actually be an ace little set up and I hope that's what happens. Seeing them at Primavera so if I have to miss them at Glastonbury then not too much of a sting.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

yeh that sounds ideal to me. Got a Field Day ticket but means I could see someone else who's on at the same time (Slowdive/Aphex Twin/Thee Oh Sees) if I knew I could definitely catch them at Glastonbury. DJ Shadow followed by RTJ would be a great way to start Saturday night!

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I'd miss it due to being at Foos, that'd actually be an ace little set up and I hope that's what happens. Seeing them at Primavera so if I have to miss them at Glastonbury then not too much of a sting.

Foos is where I'll be as things stand (until we find out who's headlining JP) but I'm really not excited by the prospect so hoping for RTJ. If it's anybody else who seems likely I guess I'll be at Foos.

I'm hoping they're in that slot too. Or Future Islands would be cool too.

100% not seeing Foos or Alt-J, I dunno who's on WH but there's rarely stuff on there for me. Warpaint have 2 or 3 really good songs but a lot of their stuff is pretty dull, they're who I'm seeing atm but not excited for it.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm hoping they're in that slot too. Or Future Islands would be cool too.

100% not seeing Foos or Alt-J, I dunno who's on WH but there's rarely stuff on there for me. Warpaint have 2 or 3 really good songs but a lot of their stuff is pretty dull, they're who I'm seeing atm but not excited for it.

Jacksons on WH.

Having these guys as my Saturday headliner at West Holts would be the cherry on top of an already fantastic lineup for me 

I really hope that happenes, I can't see any logical reason why it couldn't happen, their certainly big enough to headline now and they fit the spot perfectly 

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This is the ideal Saturday night scenario. Would be fucking excellent 

Would suit me a treat also.  Just had a hunch it would be the Friday against Radiohead and difficult decisions would have to be made.

4 hours ago, sloseph said:

Having these guys as my Saturday headliner at West Holts would be the cherry on top of an already fantastic lineup for me 

I really hope that happenes, I can't see any logical reason why it couldn't happen, their certainly big enough to headline now and they fit the spot perfectly 

It's The Jacksons.

Even if it wasn't, RTJ are maybe already too big for WH.

• 2 weeks later...