Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

6 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Gonna go WH, Sunday sub

They were only third down at WH in 2015. I'd say they've done enough to warrant more than one place up from that. It'd be a bold move for WH to have them headline but possible. I could certainly see a JP headline slot.

Edited by kalifire

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

They were only third down at WH in 2015. I'd say they've done enough to warrant more than one place up from that. It'd be a bold move for WH to have them headline but possible. I could certainly see a JP headline slot.

Okay, wasn't aware of this. Could be a possible WH headliner, if like Neil says the WH bookers are good at spotting talent on the rise. A JP headliner would also be fitting. Either way, I'd love to see them and really excited for the poster drop now

23 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Guys and gals, I'm relatively new to the RTJ party, really excited, but what would a dream Setlist look like for you? Start to finish, ten(ish) songs... 

I'd say just dive in. All three albums are great, so there's not that much to 'discover'. Seek out DJ Shadow's 'Nobody Speak' as well, which is a collab with RTJ.

Edited by big__phil

10 minutes ago, Bza said:

1. Run The Jewels
  2. Legend Has It
  3. Talk to Me
  4. 36 Inch Chain
  5. DDFH
  6. Job Well Done
  7. Oh My Darling Don't Cry
  8. Blockbuster Night Part 1
  9. All Due Respect
  10. Lie, Cheat, Steal
  11. Close Your Eyes (and count to Fuck)
  12. A Christmas Fucking Miracle

Nice cheers, going to set this up on spotify and have a little listen!

2 minutes ago, Bza said:

If it was to happen it would probably the other way round (as in RTJ would appear with Shadow).

RTJ have their own live DJ so it may seem like a bit of a diss to Trackstar if Shadow came and shoved him off the decks.

Right, I see your point, would be a bit strange. Here's hoping it happens anyway!

4 minutes ago, Bza said:

If it was to happen it would probably the other way round (as in RTJ would appear with Shadow).

RTJ have their own live DJ so it may seem like a bit of a diss to Trackstar if Shadow came and shoved him off the decks.

You're probably right, but when they played last time The Gaslamp Killer came out and did a bit of scratching towards the end. Granted they tour together and probably do this at every show, but you never know.

3 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Guys and gals, I'm relatively new to the RTJ party, really excited, but what would a dream Setlist look like for you? Start to finish, ten(ish) songs... 

1. Run the Jewels
2. Oh my darling don't cry
3. Sea Legs
4. Legend has it
5. Call Ticketron
6. Early
7. Talk to me
8. Blockbuster night (parts 1 and 2 just to cheat on there only being 10 tracks)
9. Jeopardy
10. Lie, Cheat, Steal, Kill

Encore:
Drag big zac out for Close your eyes and Kill your masters.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

I don't think they are big enough for WH's headliner yet

4 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Okay, wasn't aware of this. Could be a possible WH headliner, if like Neil says the WH bookers are good at spotting talent on the rise. A JP headliner would also be fitting. Either way, I'd love to see them and really excited for the poster drop now

JP I think would be better but more chance of clash, I also feel like they are one of those where maybe their chance to move to that next level isn't quite getting there so WH's sub before it happens could be good. That would still mean they would play about 3rd down on the Other stage so decent spot for them.

Ten tracks being the consensus, I'd be happy with this:

1. Talk To Me
2. Legend Has It
3. Get It
4. 2100
5. Oh My Darling (Don't Cry)
6. Love Again
7. Oh Mama
8. Stay Gold
9. All Due Respect
10. Down

ENCORE