Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I guess so but doesn't feel quite right to me for whatever reason - maybe a touch too small. Think JP headliner would be more likely if they were to top any stage.

I wouldn't say there's a discernible size difference between headliners of the two stages given we were trading Sigur Ros and Underworld between 'em last year, so I think they could do it.

But there's no point really. Same stage a couple of years on, only an hour or two later, would be a dull booking for an exciting stage. Same with Bobo as a headline option too. JP healdine would be cool but I reckon it'll be mid-Other or mid-Pyramid.

Just now, Badlands said:

This pleases me immensely. Not sure if they're  WH headliners size. Could see them on the Other, theyre well thought of in the Other demographic, and someone has to play there.

Yeah I'm picturing them mid Other myself, which may not be my preferred stage but if it stops them being at the top of the lineup/me missing them then I'm okay with it. Think they'd do pretty well on Other anyway.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless...and why not?.....it's been arranged on the basis and foundation of an already existing relationship with the WH booker.

I guess but at least a couple more years so it's not still so fresh in the memory. There's only been one Glastonbury since the last time we were jumping about to Mike and El. Especially if it's the expense of another hip hop act that WH could book for a place on the stage.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Friday hip hop slot another distinct possibility.....

Yup. Or the hippy hoppy thing Neil was told about on the Other.

Edited by dentalplan

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless...and why not?.....it's been arranged on the basis and foundation of an already existing relationship with the WH booker.

I believe it's the case that with his budgets he's good at spotting and booking the right acts before they're red hot, but less well-endowed with enough readies when they are red hot.

Which is why you'll often see acts that were on WH a year or three ago next appear on the Pyramid.

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This is fantastic news!! They will be incredible - an absolute must see, for me.

That said, I'm starting to get the fear over some of these clashes. RTJ vs Radiohead would be a nightmare.

If they headlined the JP this is the night I want and with all that 'hip' stuff on Saturday I don't see that. People some quietly confident of The Flaming Lips on Sunday.

Def the first band I've gotten really excited about, prob because it's come as a bit of a surprise and the rest I've known about for a while. Can see them subbing WH or JP, but a day time slot on the Pyramid might be too soon. There's buzz about them, but think it'd be wasted during the day and might not pack out the field like Snoop of De La Soul did. Gonna go WH, Sunday sub