Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

Stood next to charlotte church during run the Jewels she seemed nice.

Did she know all the words? Was she off her tits?

Loved rtj. Seemed genuinely happy to be there. Their couple of little hugs were rather moving. Shame they didn't play Love Again though as that was a definite highlight the last time i saw them. Got Angel Duster though which I was extatic about

I had never listened to Run the Jewels, nor would I consider it my kind of thing but they really put a smile on my face. They seemed so overwhelmed with happiness and everyone was having a great time. Glad I wandered along to that. Then obviously Caribou and Hot Chip were heaven.

I had never listened to Run the Jewels, nor would I consider it my kind of thing but they really put a smile on my face. They seemed so overwhelmed with happiness and everyone was having a great time. Glad I wandered along to that. Then obviously Caribou and Hot Chip were heaven.

exactly this.

someone mentioned in the Kanye thread that they don't like it when rappers try to paner to 'rock' crowds by getting a backing band in for the gig.  i agree totally.  and while it may be a lazy comparison, Run The Jewels showed how it's done.

superb.

Watching the stream back, god damn they were incredible. Kudos to whoever threw that chain on stage, honestly I think that happening combined with the start of their best song 'Lie Cheat Steal' was probably the peak moment of the festival for me. The camera focuses right in on me for a good 5 seconds while that happens and I think you can see how much of a high I was on there.

• 3 weeks later...

Announced for the Warehouse Project, on 30th October.

Hopefully as part of a larger UK tour as I'm not so bothered about the rest of the bill so the elevated price doesn't work for me. Not to compare WHP to a normal gig though of course.

Edited by dentalplan

just right, good crowd, the sun came out, just worked didn't it? despite the muddy sound/ground. All down to the audience being up for it. If they'd played a year ago, would have been a very different atmosphere

Announced for the Warehouse Project, on 30th October.

Hopefully as part of a larger UK tour as I'm not so bothered about the rest of the bill so the elevated price doesn't work for me. Not to compare WHP to a normal gig though of course.

That's the issue I have with the WHP nights. If I like the main act I'm unlikely to be interested in much else on the bill. RTJ and Carl Craig night after night actually sticks out but the rest that goes with it doesn't. Always wanted to get to a WHP at Store Street.