announcement

eFestivals

I think you're correct that the timing isn't right, I bet there's more to it - maybe Glasto were initially in talks with ACDC, then dropped them because of what happened with Phil Rudd, then they were probably in talks with someone else who also fell through, which then lead to The Who.

Rudd's arrest came a week before their tour was announced.

that tour will have been planned several months in advance, so Glasgow was booked long, long before Rudd was arrested, so there is no chance that they were "dropped" by Glastonbury within that time.

AC/DC may have originally been in talks given some of Michael's comments last year, but I'm sure there were plenty of acts planning summer 2015 dates who were in talks back in mid-2014, not least Fleetwood Mac who also fit Michael's "he's british band aren't anymore" thing.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the looks of who he's up against .. Jamie T will get a sizeable crowd I would have thought.

I think he would have got a big crowd in that slot regardless, he's very popular with the youths

Il be at Death Cab, that's a no brainer for me

True, the 2 times I've seen them were on main stage at Reading, which I spent most of recovering from Royal Blood and trying to move into the crowd, and as support for Bombay Bicycle Club where naturally only part of the crowd was into it, so I reckon this will have a much better atmosphere than either of those. Might have go, but it's a tricky decision.

It's a good point in their career and popularity for the slot they have. I think it will be a cracking gig for those there. It's great if you get to see an act just at the right time. Sometimes that gets forgotten in the box ticking of who to see at festivals and its easy to waste time with an act who would have had a good crowd 2 years back but just feel flat now.

3 questions from the announcement.

Where is dalai

Where is fatboy

Wolf Alice clash, how reliable is it that they are doing Williams green on Thursday

Spoke to the guitarist of Wolf Alice - he said they were playing Thursday.

I reckon (and the source is my own head) that Maccabees could be the final band on Thursday.

3 questions from the announcement.

Where is dalai

Where is fatboy

Wolf Alice clash, how reliable is it that they are doing Williams green on Thursday

I think the Dalai might have other things to think about due to recent events in his homeland?