My first time

Hi,

I'm sure you'll love IOW festival, it's my fave UK festival.

You need to bring the only essentials. , Wellington boots Alcohol, sun cream, baby wipes,ear plugs. Here's a list I found that will help.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

Don't take anything with you that you would be upset if it got stolen / lost. I've never had anything taken fro my tent (apart from a bucket) but you do hear of people having stuff stolen.

We have always been fine taking our own tent. Never bothered with the pre erected tents although this year we are splashing out on a podpad beaupad!

Just chill and enjoy.

Heather :)

• 3 weeks later...

There are cash points, but like missmental said, it's easy to go.to Newport for anything you need. It's got all the main brand shops for any essentials, and a big morrisons. And loads of cash points in the.town.centre.

Is morrisons within walking distance? I'm getting the coach so don't want to be carrying to much beer with me.

Is morrisons within walking distance? I'm getting the coach so don't want to be carrying to much beer with me.

It's about a 25 minute walk from the campsite exit, or you can get a bus down there, but I don't think the bus down is worth it. Then jump on the bus to get back, or jump in a taxi with mates or random to drop you and your things back to the festival site. About 3 quid to get back I think. The buses and taxis all.go from outside Morrisons. Alternatively, you can walk back (queues for bus and taxis can sometimes long). Just nick the trolley from Morrisons and people often start an unofficial trolley Park nearby to where you go back into the campsite

Edited by Staff_Sav

It's my first Isle of Wight festival this year. I've worked the last 5 Glastonbury's and again this year. Working at the festival this year so am looking forward to seeing all the different sights here.

What are the main differences between the 2 festivals please ? See you all soon !