Coachella compared to Glastonbury

mccdyl001

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah her fanbase is actually 25-35 year old men.

The (admittedly small sample size) of people I know who are fans are 100% 25-30 year old women and queer folk.

Edited by MaxPower

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Doja looking like she absolutely smashed it. Many saying set of the weekend! Getting serious Miley 2019 vibes.

That crowd looks depressing 😅

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Why is this festival so popular? As a festival to attend it looks absolutely awful. I understand why glasto is popular but this one is lost on me. 

Let’s be real. If you went with a bunch of your best mates you’d probably have a good time.

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Why is this festival so popular? As a festival to attend it looks absolutely awful. I understand why glasto is popular but this one is lost on me. 

Huge exclusive acts in the biggest metro area in the USA

How supre defends it though i don't get, for the same price you could do two major festivals in europe

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Let’s be real. If you went with a bunch of your best mates you’d probably have a good time.

Have to think the crazy alcohol rules would curtail that somewhat.

Not saying you need to be drinking to have a good time (most of my daytime at Glastonbury is spent on water only) but the whole policing aspect of it is ridiculous.

Edited by kingbadger

Just now, kingbadger said:

Have to think the crazy alcohol rules would curtail that somewhat.

Not saying you need to be drinking to have a good time (most of my daytime at Glastonbury is spent on water only) but the whole policing aspect of it is ridiculous.

Water only 😉 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Water only 😉 

Early beer or two for me then for a big swathe of the day I'm likely to be water only! Nothing more hardcore than rum these days for me so I like to peak for the evening. I think as well I'm harking back to 2019 where it was so hot on the Friday and Saturday before 6pm that I was pretty much water only otherwise I would have been ill.

Tactics. 

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

Fred Again had one of the best crowds I've seen all weekend. Really hope he plays Glasto

Just watching that now, great stuff, brilliant how he got that girl he sampled there.

Edit: Marea was incredible! It shows they’re capable of having a decent crowd there.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

The one thing that impresses me about coachella is the production of that main stage.

I love the pyramid and never want Glastonbury to change from that but it is restricted to what can be achieved 

Those screens are amazing, they look identical to the ones at R&L I reckon the Other would be a perfect fit for screens like that

With talk about how smaller areas could be improved, I really don't think it'll be long until Pyramid mk.4(3? 5?) is built. A bigger one, able to accommodate larger production, larger screens.

The current one is close to 25 years old after all.

44 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Those screens are amazing, they look identical to the ones at R&L I reckon the Other would be a perfect fit for screens like that

40 minutes ago, Simpo said:

With talk about how smaller areas could be improved, I really don't think it'll be long until Pyramid mk.4(3? 5?) is built. A bigger one, able to accommodate larger production, larger screens.

The current one is close to 25 years old after all.

We discussed this a couple of weeks back, but by resizing El Pointo and adding bigger screens you immediately diminish it by obscuring the backdrop.

The big tent structures they have, whilst not as visually appealing as the marquee type tents Glastonbury have, would probably be a lot more more practical for a lot of the venues that get too busy. The big openings at either end would enable more people to be able to see acts from outside still. You could also have bigger, better production. They look like they would be a lot more expensive than the traditional marquee type tents though, and I’m not advocating for the change just acknowledging the differences. 

• Upvote 1