Coachella

mccdyl001

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

The one thing that impresses me about coachella is the production of that main stage.

I love the pyramid and never want Glastonbury to change from that but it is restricted to what can be achieved 

Those screens are amazing, they look identical to the ones at R&L I reckon the Other would be a perfect fit for screens like that

With talk about how smaller areas could be improved, I really don't think it'll be long until Pyramid mk.4(3? 5?) is built. A bigger one, able to accommodate larger production, larger screens.

The current one is close to 25 years old after all.

44 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Those screens are amazing, they look identical to the ones at R&L I reckon the Other would be a perfect fit for screens like that

40 minutes ago, Simpo said:

With talk about how smaller areas could be improved, I really don't think it'll be long until Pyramid mk.4(3? 5?) is built. A bigger one, able to accommodate larger production, larger screens.

The current one is close to 25 years old after all.

We discussed this a couple of weeks back, but by resizing El Pointo and adding bigger screens you immediately diminish it by obscuring the backdrop.

The big tent structures they have, whilst not as visually appealing as the marquee type tents Glastonbury have, would probably be a lot more more practical for a lot of the venues that get too busy. The big openings at either end would enable more people to be able to see acts from outside still. You could also have bigger, better production. They look like they would be a lot more expensive than the traditional marquee type tents though, and I’m not advocating for the change just acknowledging the differences. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We discussed this a couple of weeks back, but by resizing El Pointo and adding bigger screens you immediately diminish it by obscuring the backdrop.

You can barely see any of backdrop behind the Pyramid unless you’re miles back, plus the extra screens are hang very high, so the new style LED screens would be have to by hing anywhere near as high. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The big tent structures they have, whilst not as visually appealing as the marquee type tents Glastonbury have, would probably be a lot more more practical for a lot of the venues that get too busy. The big openings at either end would enable more people to be able to see acts from outside still. You could also have bigger, better production. They look like they would be a lot more expensive than the traditional marquee type tents though, and I’m not advocating for the change just acknowledging the differences. 

I've not seen any structures of that scale and construction anywhere in the UK. Would they even meet H&S regulations here? They look a bit flimsy.

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just watching that now, great stuff, brilliant how he got that girl he sampled there.

Edit: Marea was incredible! It shows they’re capable of having a decent crowd there.

Which channel and about when in it is Fred? Can’t get enough of him at the moment. Roundhouse gig was wonderful.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I've not seen any structures of that scale and construction anywhere in the UK. Would they even meet H&S regulations here? They look a bit flimsy.

When you look at the actual structure of them they look pretty secure, they seem to be made of loads of arches constructed like the Pyramid is. They’ve got large speakers stacks hanging from them and stuff like that. The material they’re covered in doesn’t look particularly strong mind, but they don’t really have to worry about the elements too much.

Saw Doja Cat while waiting for Måneskin.  I know now to avoid her at Glastonbury.  Each to their own, but I thought it was awful.  Just theatrics; lots of people jumping around. Like a Bollywood film to me.  Where's the music?  

Måneskin are four kids playing actual instruments - that's it. Their own songs plus two covers ('I Wanne Be Your Dog'!). More my bag.

53 minutes ago, incident said:

https://www.stages.co.uk/serious-build-largest-hangar-stage-at-parklife-2018

the hanger at parklife (and I think creamfields) is like that. Parklife didn’t have it at the last event due to covid but it’s back this year. 

So the crowd is not silent onlyn on stream 🙂

The Weeknd closed out the show during night three of Coachella, but he seemed to notice the crowd was a bit lackluster as the weekend wound down. Videos of Abel’s performance surfaced on Twitter, which showed the singer appearing a bit frustrated with his audience. In one clip, he could be seen attempting to pump the people up before shouting, “Are you trying to end the night right now?!”

6 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

The one thing that impresses me about coachella is the production of that main stage.

I love the pyramid and never want Glastonbury to change from that but it is restricted to what can be achieved 

Coachella does have a brilliant main stage. The sound is class too.

But I'd never return now.

5 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Saw Doja Cat while waiting for Måneskin.  I know now to avoid her at Glastonbury.  Each to their own, but I thought it was awful.  Just theatrics; lots of people jumping around. Like a Bollywood film to me.  Where's the music?  

Måneskin are four kids playing actual instruments - that's it. Their own songs plus two covers ('I Wanne Be Your Dog'!). More my bag.

With you, just watched her set, what a big load of nothing. The comments under the video on YouTube are depressing, they all think she is the best thing ever.

• Upvote 1