Coachella

mccdyl001

39 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ok, that makes sense as to why an artist with a track that has had over 300m streams on Spotify has currently got an absolutely minuscule crowd.

What’s the logic behind it though, it won’t make sense from a monetary point of view as people will just delay entering for as long as possible so they’ll lose money at the bars not gain, it also looks shit with loads of acts performing to tiny crowds for a lot of the day. So it must be a licensing thing as far as alcohol is concerned?

Yanks are weird.

yanks have strange ideas about alcohol.

24 minutes ago, Neil said:

yanks have strange ideas about alcohol.

The thing is, I kind of get the argument that not everyone is as obsessed with alcohol and getting pissed as us brits, and maybe the Coachella crowd aren’t interested in drinking like we are, but then if that’s the case it makes no sense to control it in such a way.

47 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

That's terrible you can't go back to your tent? How do they enforce that?

You have to queue every day to go into the site.  In the blazing sun.  

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The thing is, I kind of get the argument that not everyone is as obsessed with alcohol and getting pissed as us brits, and maybe the Coachella crowd aren’t interested in drinking like we are, but then if that’s the case it makes no sense to control it in such a way.

Not all American fests do this, though it's not unheard of.  Maybe it has something to do with the heat 

Coachella is just a bad festival.  I've sounded off about this many times before.  As an American, no one does fests better than the Brits.  

1 minute ago, Olshansky said:

You have to queue every day to go into the site.  In the blazing sun.  

Not all American fests do this, though it's not unheard of.  Maybe it has something to do with the heat 

Coachella is just a bad festival.  I've sounded off about this many times before.  As an American, no one does fests better than the Brits.  

Is there an American festival (even a smaller one) that does allow your own booze/ has camping inside the festival? 

Google hasn't given me any answers so far!

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Is there an American festival (even a smaller one) that does allow your own booze/ has camping inside the festival? 

Not that I can think of.   the camping part I'm very unsure of, possible though. And with alcohol,  it's the American way to try and make a buck off anything you can.  It'd be unheard of to let people bring their own when there's a profit to be made. 

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I can't think of any major ones in Europe that don't have an arena and allow alcohol to be brought in bar Glastonbury to be honest. Roskilde maybe?

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Thanks Matt, just watched this and it was incredible, Beyoncé’s performance was mind melting. 

Talk about an artist who takes the brief and runs with it. What I love about her is she always delivers and gives something unforgettable. Looked amazing.

The coverage after saying she’s the greatest performer living or dead? Better than Michael Jackson? Is this true? It’s a difficult one to debate but you can’t deny she has mad performance power.

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Well just discovered Current Joys, then I Spotify and notice he's massive? He's in London on the 23rd of June, chances of being at Glastonbury?

That sounds very promising. They would be perfect for Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Not sure if this is allowed or not, but does anyone know where to get downloadable sets from the festival? Ta in advance!

Setify can make you Spotify playlists of any artist from any gig which you can then obviously download for offline if that helps!

8 hours ago, gfa said:

I can't think of any major ones in Europe that don't have an arena and allow alcohol to be brought in bar Glastonbury to be honest. Roskilde maybe?

The only one that comes close is Sziget. It’s not an arena festival with separate camping. Once you’re on the island you don’t have to go through any barriers to get to the stages. You’re not supposed to bring alcohol onto the island but it happens a lot plus the beer there is ridiculously cheap anyway so not much point carrying it in. You can buy cold cans at one of the many bars and vans and drink them at your tent if you really wanted to.

Edited by squirrelarmy

2 minutes ago, Deaco85 said:

Hope I’m not the only one that thinks Billie Relish is about tripe. Does she even sing live? This coachella performance is other stage at best. 

If PSB are headlining the other on Friday night I can see them having a bigger crowd. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If PSB are headlining the other on Friday night I can see them having a bigger crowd. 

PSB are Sunday. Foals are Friday. And you’re insane if you think Billie isn’t gonna pull a massive crowd, regardless of what you may think of her music and/or live performances.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Exactly what I thought of her last Glastonbury performance.

DB0BB43C-09D0-48D3-B122-8CD199F37F54.png

I could hear them fine on a live stream. Maybe he needs to turn his tv up?

12 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

Well, I thought she absolutely smashed that. Seems like she's sticking to the setlist from the main tour, would be thrilled to see that set on the pyramid, although she can leave Damon at home. 

Yeah she did great. I think the setlist is good too and will down a storm on the farm. Will she bring a guest out? I would have thought Damon/Gorillaz would be more likely for a Glastonbury guest than Coachella, but we will see.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

The only one that comes close is Sziget. It’s not an arena festival with separate camping. Once you’re on the island you don’t have to go through any barriers to get to the stages. You’re not supposed to bring alcohol onto the island but it happens a lot plus the beer there is ridiculously cheap anyway so not much point carrying it in. You can buy cold cans at one of the many bars and vans and drink them at your tent if you really wanted to.

Yeah I've done Sziget - not quite the same but as you said it is very cheap. Its pretty easy to smuggle too thankfully

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

PSB are Sunday. Foals are Friday. And you’re insane if you think Billie isn’t gonna pull a massive crowd, regardless of what you may think of her music and/or live performances.

Foals are pretty big opposition, i know where i'll be!