Coachella

mccdyl001

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Latest Inforoo prediction. We should know very soon whether this is close or not!

02D6579A-B51D-4164-B1D0-F0DFD8300E0E.png

I for sure thought Metallica must’ve done Coachella already but they never have. Obviously it won’t be on the same level as Rage for a lot of people, but if they’ve managed to get them in as a replacement then that’s about as good as you can get for a like for like, especially at such late notice. Here’s hoping for those Coachella folk, although I’d kinda love it to be somebody shite for the lols.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I for sure thought Metallica must’ve done Coachella already but they never have. Obviously it won’t be on the same level as Rage for a lot of people, but if they’ve managed to get them in as a replacement then that’s about as good as you can get for a like for like, especially at such late notice. Here’s hoping for those Coachella folk, although I’d kinda love it to be somebody shite for the lols.

If Lana is at Coachella but not back at Glastonbury I would be pretty sad

Waiting for this Coachella lineup takes me back. These days you generally know it's coming first week of January but it's used to be anytime in January. A yellow banner used to appear on the KROQ website and when that came you knew you were waking up to it. 

We had to wait until January 23rd which was like every morning waiting and checking. 

I think 07, 09 were decent. 2012 is up there on Friday with the best lineup for the festival generally.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

A bottlerock headliner hasn't played Coachella since 2016 at least. That's as far as I checked. 

Given where it is I'm not sure they would allow it.

Yeah but things are a bit weird at the moment Coachella had no headliners a week ago.

Some discussion they are trying for rage again. Looks like there is some expectation covid cases are going to drop like a stone as we get out of winter. Maybe they are hoping this will change rage’s mind?

Looks like this is far from over. 

Edited by Matt42

Well supre someone who has a good track record on there says there is no fixed date for the lineup and no guarantee it will even be out this month.

They are a probably going to have to forego their first announcement rights and let other US festivals announce before them. So it sounds like they are hanging their hopes on something that is worth the wait if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They are a probably going to have to forego their first announcement rights and let other US festivals announce before them. So it sounds like they are hanging their hopes on something that is worth the wait if that is the case.

Surely they are just better off having a TBA headliner?

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not exactly like-for-like with RATM, but I agree that it's a great look for Coachella. Certainly unique.

If you want generational icons for a Coachella crowd, Billie/Harry/Ye is pretty great.

Replacing the X Factor protest band with an X Factor contestant.

Initially thought it looked pretty weak after seeing the top few rows of each day but then when you give it a proper look over there is a fair amount of great stuff further down the lineup imo. As is increasingly the case with Coachella/all major U.S. festivals, not one for the rock or indie heads and Rage would’ve been a strange headliner to have topping it tbh, but if you’re in to hip hop, electronic and pop then there’s loads to get your teeth stuck in to.