Newbies at EOTR

jenj

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a map of last years site they could upload for me at all? I can't seem to find one on line, strangely. Just fancied a little look to familiarise myself before my first EOTR this year. Thanks.

I was just sorting some books out at home and found last years programme. I can take a photo of the map and stick it up here if you want?

I was just sorting some books out at home and found last years programme. I can take a photo of the map and stick it up here if you want?

Yeah, do it. On the assumption that it won't have changed much.

(I always think it's a little odd that the site plan is difficult (sometimes impossible) to find on the EotR website)

Edited by Fareham Grecian

Real ale I think was only £3.60 - pub prices. Wine and spirits expensive but if that's what you like, take your own - no glass though.

Oh i like abit of real ale, was thinking of taking some cans and spirits in plastics and top up on ale and coca cola, Thanks.

I thought I might get on with you from your posts, but that is ridiculous.

Oh come on. Gone are days of being limited to Ruddles County, John Smiths and some creamy nonsense. Over the past few years I've taken Hobgoblin, Fursty Ferret, Tanglefoot, Black Sheep, Old Golden Hen amongst others. Nothing wrong with any of them. Obviously they don't compare to what's available on draft at the festival, but they're all quality alternatives.

Oh come on. Gone are days of being limited to Ruddles County, John Smiths and some creamy nonsense. Over the past few years I've taken Hobgoblin, Fursty Ferret, Tanglefoot, Black Sheep, Old Golden Hen amongst others. Nothing wrong with any of them. Obviously they don't compare to what's available on draft at the festival, but they're all quality alternatives.

No no no. Canned beer is an abomination.

I dIdn't mean canned beer is worse than bottled, more that any pasteurised beer is an abomination. Real ale only for me. Not because I'm a snob, I just don't like the taste of keg beer.

Edited by Fareham Grecian

• 2 weeks later...

They normally have about 50 real ales available over the course of the festival. I usually take cans as well, otherwise I would simply spend far too much. Thankfully you can get some decent ales in cans these days. 

The only downside is ale farts in a tent.

Just to double check - can you take cans in down by the stages? Stocking up on supplies this evening and don't want to take too much if we can't bring it into the arena. 

Just to double check - can you take cans in down by the stages? Stocking up on supplies this evening and don't want to take too much if we can't bring it into the arena. 

Yep, you can take any drink/food anywhere so long as it's not in glass.

I'm taking 20 cans. 5 a day on top of the stuff on sale. Any more seems like carnage/unnecessary.