Newbies at EOTR

jenj

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you can take any drink/food anywhere so long as it's not in glass.

I'm taking 20 cans. 5 a day on top of the stuff on sale. Any more seems like carnage/unnecessary. 

I had to laugh at this. We ploughed into cider and Whisky on the Thursday night last year and maintained a hangover over the full weekend. I told my mate we wouldn't be repeating the trick this year and he said "No, it's a much more sensible appoach... I'm bringing rum this time".

I'm ploughing my way through 6x500ml plastic bottles of water by Wednesday so that I can then fill them with something a bit more substantial, plus a few cans that I bought on the reduced shelf at Tescos.

A slightly different take on bottled water... I'm currently getting the family to finish off a 5 litre bottle of mineral water so I have something to wee into in the tent at night. Should be wide enough, but the girl in Waitrose wouldn't help me find a fit for the right size ;-)

I had to laugh at this. We ploughed into cider and Whisky on the Thursday night last year and maintained a hangover over the full weekend. I told my mate we wouldn't be repeating the trick this year and he said "No, it's a much more sensible appoach... I'm bringing rum this time".

It's sorely tempting to bring some spirits for when the beer bloat gets too much, but I'm getting old. I missed half of Jenny Lewis' set last year because of a recovery nap that went on too long. "Happy drunk" suits me fine. How else am I suppose to pass judgement on others' misbehaviour?

A slightly different take on bottled water... I'm currently getting the family to finish off a 5 litre bottle of mineral water so I have something to wee into in the tent at night. Should be wide enough, but the girl in Waitrose wouldn't help me find a fit for the right size ;-)

Personally, I find a 3 litre Comfort fabric conditioner bottle to be a good fit ... the name is rather appropriate too :)

Yep, you can take any drink/food anywhere so long as it's not in glass.

I'm taking 20 cans. 5 a day on top of the stuff on sale. Any more seems like carnage/unnecessary. 

Sorry - are you saying that you can take cans of beer/cider etc. into the main arena?

How does the bar make any money?

I've never heard of this before but I've never been to festival as small as EOTR.

Sorry - are you saying that you can take cans of beer/cider etc. into the main arena?

I've never heard of this before but I've never been to festival as small as EOTR.

It depends on how much beer you take. I've got 14 beers for the weekend, (28 as i share with my partner) so that's 3 for thursday and sunday and 4 for the others. That's never going to last me the day, and so I need to buy more beer and when I'm in the main arena I don't want to go back to the tent so buying from bars is the sensible option.

That and the fact that the beer is very good; local ales that I can't get here and more like mini beer festivals on each day. It just seems rude not to drink it!

Last year all the ale sold out by Sunday! A testament to it's quality.

Most people will reach breaking point, often you'll buy too much of drink x and get fed up with it. Also the extra weight load the whole day and the craving for something cold will likely hit you at some point. So most people, at least that I know of, bring 4 cans or so out with them to start the day and hit the bar for the majority of the day. Maybe not as big a factor as it as Glastonbury as it's a much smaller festival but I don't see myself sticking exclusively to the tinnes and spirits I bring because the time will come where I fancy something different and get backache.

As well was what other people have said, some people come by public transport, and there is a limit to the amount of booze you can carry in one rucksack and still be able to move.

I'm not a newbie but I do have a few questions...

Is Ringo Music Bingo any good? Do you have to stay for the full hour and a half?

Are the comedy times not put on the website?

What is Breakfast with the Ink Spots??

Thanks!

Breakfast with the Ink Spots is the perfect start to your day. Usually in the Tipi, Ringo (Bingo) from Cork plays tunes from the Ink Spots (mellow ballads and doo-wop from the 30's and 40's). People sit about, having breakfast, reading a book, just generally relaxing. If hungover it all, it's a gentle lead-in to the day ahead.

I had a fantastic time and will post more newbie thoughts on the other thread later, but I have to say that Brakes was the most enjoyable performance of any act at any festival I've ever been to - I loved every second of it.