Yearly timeline (new improved thingy)

Brave Sir Robin

2004 - Pretty sure Macca and Oasis were known before tickets went on sale that year. Had to pull an all nighter to get tickets as see servers crashed, think this was the last year they put tickets on sale on a weekday evening too.

Found this report from July 2003 saying Macca was lined up for 2004 - along with the Purple One! Actually quotes Eavis: ""Prince promised me he'd do it." Wonder if that promise still holds good??

http://news.sky.com/story/193984/prince-and-macca-at-glastonbury-2004

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/01/2016 at 10:59 PM, Gnomicide said:

It seems that recently a lot has come out from the NME awards which is in February,  will they still exist now the magazine is a freebie? 

P.S. Don't forget the new, all action Thingy for all your "TELL US SOMETHING FFS!!!" needs.

I think someone said the nominees have been announced so it should be happening.

And the NME Awards Tour is definitely happening so yeah it must still be a thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2 January 2016 at 11:04 AM, slash's hat said:

February seems a common month for something to come out. Wonder what uproar would be on social media if nothing before balance day.

Last year we didn't have a lineup poster before balance day... Emily was getting quite a lot of abuse on Twitter! 

Have just seen on Timehop that this date was when Stevie was announced. Unfortunately that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether we will get anything today. 

WHY MUST THEY CONFUSE US WITH THIS LACK OF STRUCTURE?!?!

1 minute ago, JoBalls said:

Have just seen on Timehop that this date was when Stevie was announced. Unfortunately that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether we will get anything today. 

WHY MUST THEY CONFUSE US WITH THIS LACK OF STRUCTURE?!?!

Ooh... we have a difference of opinion, The Thingy has Stevie being announce on 12th Feb.

Just checked and that seems to be correct BBC News

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Ooh... we have a difference of opinion, The Thingy has Stevie being announce on 12th Feb.

Just checked and that seems to be correct BBC News

Looks like 12th was official announcement but leaked out on 2nd: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/stevie-wonder-to-headline-glastonbury-festival-2010-6786075.html

31 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Looks like 12th was official announcement but leaked out on 2nd: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/stevie-wonder-to-headline-glastonbury-festival-2010-6786075.html

Good work! I've pinched that for a cheeky Thingy Tweet (with a credit of course).

Edited by Gnomicide

12 minutes ago, Glastobuddy said:

AYou mean the legend that is Chas Hodges surely?

7c75770e29a367af85a7a6e59d99b968fb162684

Always loved a bit of Sweet Talking Geezer, Wild West Rabbit, Mr Gertcha Sky.......

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That explains it! Timehop clearly shows that I was very excited about the news on the 2nd...

image.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks in no small part to a retweet from the good folks at eFestivals, the Thingy Twitter account is reaching an almost Stephen Fry like following of 142 people :D 

Loads of them have Glastonbury photo's in their profiles, 'tis a joy to behold.

If I knew how I'd retweet to my epic 17 followers