Woke up at 8:20 to see argos had sold out, then refreshed 5 minutes later and got one. Apparently they charge you straight away, which would help a lot to weed out the prospective buyers who won't have the funds come release day.

Real problem I have is getting it sent to this address I'm living in now and not the one I'll be in come release day wooooops

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry last two childish ones from me. Ocarina put away for another year.  

I recommend plenty of fresh air

Oh Nintendo In time it will, I'm sure, be worth owning. But not on release, at that price, with such a small line up of games, a ridiculous subscription service, a tiny amount of storage and poor

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, nice little earner for her. None of the work but still a few quid from every copy sold.

As she really needs that money to keep bullying people.

51 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Microsoft purchased Bethesda. Not a big deal for me as I don't enjoy much of their output but undoubtedly huge that all their games will be exclusive to Xbox in the future.

Awwwww man. That means Doom, Fallout and Elder Scrolls amongst others. Hopefully Sony locked in ES6 before the deal was signed.

On the plus side it means lots of Bethesda games on GamePass.

Although thinking about it, would they lock all those games away as exclusives? Timed exclusives perhaps but not forever...

That £28 a month for a Series X plus Gamepass could look like stinking value in a year or two. I don’t see the benefit in buying one at launch because I don’t think there’s much worth playing on it that I can’t already. But give it a couple of years...

Well that puts the cat amongst the pigeons!

I love Bethesda games. I can't see them going exclusively xbox for a while, surely the current gen games have been in development longer than this deal. 

But as someone who is largely platform agnostic going into the next gen, this is food for thought. 

13 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Well that puts the cat amongst the pigeons!

I love Bethesda games. I can't see them going exclusively xbox for a while, surely the current gen games have been in development longer than this deal. 

But as someone who is largely platform agnostic going into the next gen, this is food for thought. 

As long as Deathloop is still coming to PS5 I’m happy.

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Although thinking about it, would they lock all those games away as exclusives? Timed exclusives perhaps but not forever...

That £28 a month for a Series X plus Gamepass could look like stinking value in a year or two. I don’t see the benefit in buying one at launch because I don’t think there’s much worth playing on it that I can’t already. But give it a couple of years...

Just realised that is meant to say stonking value - not stinking...

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As long as Deathloop is still coming to PS5 I’m happy.

I think Microsoft are looking longer term than this gen. They're setting themselves up for the next one in 7 years or whatever, when physical sales are over, as the long mooted 'Netflix of gaming'. 

We're not there yet technology wise, but we will be and Microsoft's strategy is looking like they want to be the go-to destination when it happens. 

I think this gen will continue pretty much as previously expected. 

You don't get value back from $7.5bn on game exclusives alone. For that kind of investment you're looking to own the future. 

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I think Microsoft are looking longer term than this gen. They're setting themselves up for the next one in 7 years or whatever, when physical sales are over, as the long mooted 'Netflix of gaming'. 

We're not there yet technology wise, but we will be and Microsoft's strategy is looking like they want to be the go-to destination when it happens. 

I think this gen will continue pretty much as previously expected. 

You don't get value back from $7.5bn on game exclusives alone. For that kind of investment you're looking to own the future. 

I agree, which is why I think they won’t immediately cut selling to 50% of the market. I think we’ll be seeing a lot more times exclusives going forward in this gen.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I agree, which is why I think they won’t immediately cut selling to 50% of the market. I think we’ll be seeing a lot more times exclusives going forward in this gen.

Yeah, timed exclusives and a reminder that this new game you've been looking forward to is on game pass for a few quid a month or £60/70 on PS5.

8 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Yeah, timed exclusives and a reminder that this new game you've been looking forward to is on game pass for a few quid a month or £60/70 on PS5.

Always said the thing holding MS back is the lack of decent first party games - Halo, Forza, Gears and that’s pretty much it. Buying Bethesda will certainly help with that.

Exclusivity for Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo still stands so they'll be on PlayStation first.

Exclusivity going forward will be on a game by game basis. I would imagine they'll definitely appear on Switch as Microsoft appear to have a good relationship with Nintendo.

14 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Given they've released Skyrim over a 1000 times on literally any platform going, Skyrim on Alexa FFS? I'd be stunned if TES was worth more as an exclusive than what it takes in software sales. I'm pretty sure they'll be happy enough including this stuff on Game Pass and just making other platforms pay £70.

Mojang still support other systems despite being Microsoft owned.

7 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Fuck it. Pre-ordered a Series S from Amazon. Not sure if I'll keep the order but glad I've got the option.

Expensive couple of months upcoming.

Looks like they’ve flown out the door this morning. Simply games tweeted saying they sold their allocation in 4 minutes.

I plan to wait a year or two before going in on the Series X. Once they have a decent catalogue of games that £28 per month console plus Gamepass bundle will look like great value.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like they’ve flown out the door this morning. Simply games tweeted saying they sold their allocation in 4 minutes.

I plan to wait a year or two before going in on the Series X. Once they have a decent catalogue of games that £28 per month console plus Gamepass bundle will look like great value.

Yeah. In reality, I'll likely cancel it. The only games I am likely to play on it in the launch window are Tell Me Why and The Medium. The Switch will remain my indies machine because of the convenience and I'll play all my AAAs on the PS5 so the Xbox would probably just sit there. I'll see if there are any more launch incentives announced before I make a decision though.

I’m glad neither console is coming out on a Friday, it’s a proper buzzkill these days unboxing your shiny new machine only to have to wait hours for it the download and install updates, games, apps, etc. At least this way I can unbox and do all the setting up on the Thursday while I’m WFH then get into it later that day.

Curious to see if anyone missed out on a next gen consoles here? The few people who I know that tried to get a ps5/XBSX managed no issue. I signed up to the All Access for XBSX within 10 minutes of pre orders. Just wondered if it affected the UK or if supply is more of a US issue.

3 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

Curious to see if anyone missed out on a next gen consoles here? The few people who I know that tried to get a ps5/XBSX managed no issue. I signed up to the All Access for XBSX within 10 minutes of pre orders. Just wondered if it affected the UK or if supply is more of a US issue.

I only got a PS5 because I happened to be awake when they went on sale in the middle of the night.