Really excited for the PS5 showcase tonight, i'm definitely getting one, so just want to know the price and release date.

Going to predict disc less for £399 and full fat for £449, release date Nov 20th.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry last two childish ones from me. Ocarina put away for another year.  

I recommend plenty of fresh air

Oh Nintendo In time it will, I'm sure, be worth owning. But not on release, at that price, with such a small line up of games, a ridiculous subscription service, a tiny amount of storage and poor

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Gromite said:

Really excited for the PS5 showcase tonight, i'm definitely getting one, so just want to know the price and release date.

Going to predict disc less for £399 and full fat for £449, release date Nov 20th.

Currently watching, Deathloop looks the absolute bollocks.

Looking forward to Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales at launch. DS looked incredible.

Irritiating that we get it a week later than the other big markets but never mind.

Ready to pre-order the big boy tomorrow. Still unsure which retailer to go with.

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Looking forward to Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales at launch. DS looked incredible.

Irritiating that we get it a week later than the other big markets but never mind.

Ready to pre-order the big boy tomorrow. Still unsure which retailer to go with.

Either Shopto or simply games for me.

Have registered interest with both.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Either Shopto or simply games for me.

Have registered interest with both.

Already up on GAME so I've just gone with them as I might not be able to get to a screen tomorrow.

Gone with the drive and an additional controller for £509. May get a headset too later on if the word is good.

1 minute ago, Andeeroo said:

Already up on GAME so I've just gone with them as I might not be able to get to a screen tomorrow.

Gone with the drive and an additional controller for £509. May get a headset too later on if the word is good.

Yeah Smyths have them too so I’ve just ordered one via them.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Need to start thinking about launch games.

Spider-Man is the obvious pick, loved the first one. Maybe one of Watch Dogs or AC: Valhalla and probably FIFA.

Demon’s Souls, Valhalla and Spider-Man for me. Also looking forward to Immortals Fenyx Rising which is out just a couple weeks after.

£70 for games now also. Disc drive version was the only option for me as I’ll need to trade in games to be able to afford the next one.

18 minutes ago, jump said:

Very strange that Spider Man and Horizon 2, the two big PS5 exclusives are now also on PS4.

It is but given Horizon 2 is primarily designed for PS5, I can only imagine how downgraded it would have to be to run on PS4. Plus, those sweet PS5 load times will be worth it. Weird from a marketing perspective for sure.

November 19th is a Thursday so it looks like a nice four day weekend is in order. Get that holiday request in tomorrow!

6 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Demon’s Souls, Valhalla and Spider-Man for me. Also looking forward to Immortals Fenyx Rising which is out just a couple weeks after.

£70 for games now also. Disc drive version was the only option for me as I’ll need to trade in games to be able to afford the next one.

You can pre order AC:V and WD:L for £52 from Amazon.

There are a lot of understandably unhappy people that a few stores went live on preorders in the middle of the night and have now sold out.

It’s like Glastonbury having a snap ticket sale at 3 in the morning.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There are a lot of understandably unhappy people that a few stores went live on preorders in the middle of the night and have now sold out.

It’s like Glastonbury having a snap ticket sale at 3 in the morning.

I luckily got one last night through Game, but i can understand the frustration.

It's as if Sony just went go when you want to the retailers. Personally prefer the date and time in advance that Microsoft are doing

Yeah I was a bit frustrated when I woke up this morning and saw places had already sold out of pre-orders. Luckily I'm about a 15min walk from my closest Game so I walked up for them opening at 8am to pre-order. There was a small queue already ahead of me. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can pre order AC:V and WD:L for £52 from Amazon.

Yeah, just the first party Sony titles are announced at £70 at the moment.

Mind you, I don't think I ever paid £60 RRP for any physical games this gen.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Need to start thinking about launch games.

Spider-Man is the obvious pick, loved the first one. Maybe one of Watch Dogs or AC: Valhalla and probably FIFA.

Think I'll go Demon's Souls, I'll probably get Cyberpunk too as it's out the same day and will be backwards compatible.

4 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Think I'll go Demon's Souls, I'll probably get Cyberpunk too as it's out the same day and will be backwards compatible.

Already have Cyberpunk preordered for PS4 so will just play that. Will probably get FIFA for the PS4 as there’s a free upgrade with that too.

Will also get Spider-Man and one other for launch day.

Sorry I’m late to this but have some thoughts.

Yup PS5 has my money. Hopefully I can get one for the winter period this year. I think my entry titles will probably be Spider-Man, Cyberpunk, Crash Bandicoot. Will hold off with all of these games and get them with my PS5 so that I have something to play when I take it out the box.

The Harry Potter game, while coming at a pretty awful time, looks unreal. Kinda stole the show for me in terms of other things announced. The game apparently is ready to go too so a 2021 release date isn’t optimistic. I think people are underestimating how big of a release that game is going to be. A Harry Potter RPG is an instant sell for me. Launch day and possibly even preorder for me.

Also God of War 2 Ragnarok at the end was a total cock tease. Not to be negative but I doubt that game is coming in 2021. I would probably be more excited if they said 2022 because that game is deffo being delayed. GOW only came out in 2018!

Either way. I’m in. PS5... you’ve got me

Just now, Matt42 said:

Sorry I’m late to this but have some thoughts.

Yup PS5 has my money. Hopefully I can get one for the winter period this year. I think my entry titles will probably be Spider-Man, Cyberpunk, Crash Bandicoot. Will hold off with all of these games and get them with my PS5 so that I have something to play when I take it out the box.

The Harry Potter game, while coming at a pretty awful time, looks unreal. Kinda stole the show for me in terms of other things announced. The game apparently is ready to go too so a 2021 release date isn’t optimistic. I think people are underestimating how big of a release that game is going to be. A Harry Potter RPG is an instant sell for me. Launch day and possibly even preorder for me.

Also God of War 2 Ragnarok at the end was a total cock tease. Not to be negative but I doubt that game is coming in 2021. I would probably be more excited if they said 2022 because that game is deffo being delayed. GOW only came out in 2018!

Either way. I’m in. PS5... you’ve got me

Also considering I’m not someone who games every day of my life

Spiderman

Crash

Cyberpunk

Hogwarts Legacy

Suicide Squad 

God Of War: Ragnarok

all sounds good to put in the calendar and get excited for. I haven’t played stuff like Horizon or GOT either so I’ve got a lot to get through!

3 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I'm struggling to reconcile my excitement for a high budget Harry Potter game with my current feelings towards JK Rowling.

I see the makers of that game are already distancing themselves from Rowling.

I very rarely come on the board anymore, but I thought I'd come back to announce my defection to PS. 

Xbox exclusives look very unimpressive and I couldn't give a flying fuck about playing games anywhere other than my front room. So I've got a Uni assignment due on 14th December, three weeks off work for Xmas, and I can't come back home. 

That's me, a PS5, and *hopefully* The Last of Us 1 &2, Street Fighter and maybe the Uncharted Collection. On my big new 65" UHD 4K all singing all dancing TV.

I will get a new Xbox as well, there's too many games that I want to play upscaled, and I'm not losing hundreds of hours of Borderlands, but for now... 

Also, I got my mini SNES on my new TV. It looks fucking so out of place. hahah

Decided on my launch games now.

Have ordered Spider-Man, FIFA (apparently the PS4 disc comes with a PS5 code in the box so I should be able to sell the disc), Watch Dogs, and I had already preordered the digital version of Cyberpunk so I’m assuming I’ll be able to download it to my PS5 on launch day.

That should do for starters.