The Gaming Thread

TheJackson

10 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It really is so satisfying once you nail him, I literally punched the air. 

The joy of From games! The 3rd and 4th phases I got to grips with relatively quickly. I just couldn't get the timing right on the first two.

It was still less frustrating then some of those Bloodborne bosses though for which I had to resort to guides in the end - looking at you Vicar Amelia and Martyr Logarius.

Edited by Andeeroo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Features the main character punching a tied up pregnant woman in the tits a few times before ripping the baby fetus out of her vagina and drinking the blood from the snapped fetus' neck.

Then we get to see the character have sex, including a flaccid to erect penis, before she claws out his throat.

It looks shìte also.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Features the main character punching a tied up pregnant woman in the tits a few times before ripping the baby fetus out of her vagina and drinking the blood from the snapped fetus' neck.

Then we get to see the character have sex, including a flaccid to erect penis, before she claws out his throat.

It looks shìte also.

I take it this is a random Steam game rather than a proper release you will find in Game or Tesco? Some of the indie games that get's released on Steam are utter dog shite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's something about Death Stranding that appeals to me and I didn't think that would be the case.  I like games with lots of exploration.  I'm not going to shell out full price for it though.

Speaking of which, for those amongst us who don't tend to play games upon release, there's some good discounts on the PS Store at the moment.  I got Spiderman and God of War, the pair under £30.  I reckon that's not bad going.

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

There's something about Death Stranding that appeals to me and I didn't think that would be the case.  I like games with lots of exploration.  I'm not going to shell out full price for it though.

Speaking of which, for those amongst us who don't tend to play games upon release, there's some good discounts on the PS Store at the moment.  I got Spiderman and God of War, the pair under £30.  I reckon that's not bad going.

I got Spiderman as well, couldn't say no at £15.

You're going to have a great time with GOW, one of the best games of this generation. That's coming from someone who hasn't played any of the previous games.

19 hours ago, Gromite said:

I got Spiderman as well, couldn't say no at £15.

You're going to have a great time with GOW, one of the best games of this generation. That's coming from someone who hasn't played any of the previous games.

Cheers.  I've not played any of the others either, but from what I know, that won't matter too much.  It was a no-brainer at £12/13 or whatever it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GOTYs? 

Sekiro for me. Closely followed by Life is Strange 2.

A good year all round for me gaming wise though. Jedi Fallen Order, A Plague Tale, Days Gone, Outer Worlds, Concrete Genie and Metro Exodus were all excellent.

Still looking to catch up on two games from this year in Control and Luigi's Mansion 3 which I'll play through in January.

The only real disappointment for me was Astral Chain which I found to be beyond dull.

Looking forward to a blockbuster year with all the titles coming out in the first half of the year and then next gen arriving towards the end. Should be grand.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

GOTD since its over. 

For me it's just the obvious ones. 

GTA5, Red Dead 1 and 2, BioShock 2 and it won't be in anyone's else's but I loved Splinter Cell Conviction. 

Only 20 hours or so into Breath of the Wild but it'll be in there. 

Christ. 10 years of games. I can't even remember what I played in the first half of the decade. The games that immediately spring to mind are The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn and Rocket League.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:58 AM, Andeeroo said:

February 21st is getting booked off work! CANNOT. WAIT.

I got the PS4 remaster for Christmas but without really being able to say why, I preferred it on PS3. Though the dread of facing the Clickers still applies.

Part II looks great and hope it plays great as well. Shame the sequel's been pushed back to the end of May though.

Minecraft is the game of the decade and yet I don't really see it appear that much in game of the decade countdowns. It's been around since 2009 and it's still got a big following. Nothing really comes close in terms of what effect it has had on the games industry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Cyberpunk delayed until September.

Not actually terrible for me as it means I might get time to play it by then.

Yeah this hasn't bothered me as much as i thought it might, I've got so many game I've brought still to play. What it does mean however, is that i may consider getting a PS5 and playing it on that, depending on price 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, lharris92 said:

not used my playstation since June last year, just lost interest a bit and got a bit too busy with life... may change a bit in a month or two

Wife, small child, another on the way, job, life, mates, marathon training, gigs... but I still try to find at least an hour a day for gaming.

Edited by Hugh Jass