Pre delivered Caravan

beckyboo70

the stewards are not as tight with space as you may imagine.. last year we pitched up on Tuesday with caravan, full size awning AND an area beyond the awning for table & seating (wind breakers at the ready)... on wednesday friends with Campervan (large) and 3 tents turned up and squeezed onto our pitch.. with another tent opposite (12 of us in total)..The neighbours had as many in their group..Granted, if the van etc is already set-up for you, it may be a little more 'structured' but i am sure you could fit table & chairs.... regards the awning as a 'dry area'.. you really want to keep the rented van clean to avoid being charged after the event so to speak.. in 2007 (v wet) we rented a Campervan and took a small gazebo, that was a bit of a mission derobing from waterproofs after many beers..

still, as i said earlier... 5 days of glorious sunshine this year.! so no worries there (as gales and rain batter house)

the stewards are not as tight with space as you may imagine.. last year we pitched up on Tuesday with caravan, full size awning AND an area beyond the awning for table & seating (wind breakers at the ready)... on wednesday friends with Campervan (large) and 3 tents turned up and squeezed onto our pitch.. with another tent opposite (12 of us in total)..The neighbours had as many in their group..Granted, if the van etc is already set-up for you, it may be a little more 'structured' but i am sure you could fit table & chairs.... regards the awning as a 'dry area'.. you really want to keep the rented van clean to avoid being charged after the event so to speak.. in 2007 (v wet) we rented a Campervan and took a small gazebo, that was a bit of a mission derobing from waterproofs after many beers..

still, as i said earlier... 5 days of glorious sunshine this year.! so no worries there (as gales and rain batter house)

i'd love to see a photo of that set up ! somewhere to take the boots off have a ciggie and a bacon roll is pretty much what we'd use it for.

i heard back from the caravan company, they said it varies from year to year but last year their vans where in E15 , that looks about as far away as you can get! its costing me £450 for a 2 berth , i didnt think that was too bad.

That's a great price, I've used two different firms and that's much cheaper than either of them.

In terms of location, last time we were as far as we could be in East, to the extent that we had the surreal experience of hearing the birds singing in the morning in the nearby woods, rather than the banging tunes you expect to wake up to.

That's a great price, I've used two different firms and that's much cheaper than either of them.

In terms of location, last time we were as far as we could be in East, to the extent that we had the surreal experience of hearing the birds singing in the morning in the nearby woods, rather than the banging tunes you expect to wake up to.

yeah.. but were they singing Enter Sandman..?? :ninja:

i forgot to add the 250 for delivery and collection!

so, Beckyboo70.. did you go for the awning option.?

I think im going for a gazebo and wind breaks Bluedaze, wont be spending that much time at the van, the additional items i did choose though are a waste carrier on wheels :) and an extra aqua roll!

I think im going for a gazebo and wind breaks Bluedaze, wont be spending that much time at the van, the additional items i did choose though are a waste carrier on wheels :) and an extra aqua roll!

you dont want to run out of water.... now you have to elect an early riser to fill it in the morning before there are queues (looks like that is you..)..

make sure you take along a couple of old towels (we have the dogs) or a piece of carpet to go just inside the door to keep the inside clean...

yeah it was still cheaper than a lot of other firms and to be honest most others were booked up anyway. we got lucky as they had a couple of cancellations.

and check out the thread on 'checklist for campervans, caravans etc'... its a brilliant list but you may need to hire a pick-up to carry it all :)

you dont want to run out of water.... now you have to elect an early riser to fill it in the morning before there are queues (looks like that is you..)..

make sure you take along a couple of old towels (we have the dogs) or a piece of carpet to go just inside the door to keep the inside clean...

Good idea and yes it will probably be me filling the water! and emptying the loo!

and check out the thread on 'checklist for campervans, caravans etc'... its a brilliant list but you may need to hire a pick-up to carry it all :)

I will check it out although i think most of our kit is supplied by the caravan company, cheers :bye:

Good idea and yes it will probably be me filling the water! and emptying the loo!

yeah, thats not good...

i have a wife and two daughters that seem to find plenty of other things to do when the loo needs emptying... although this year a boyfriend is in attendance for his first Glasto, so i feel a role coming on for him..

yeah, thats not good...

i have a wife and two daughters that seem to find plenty of other things to do when the loo needs emptying... although this year a boyfriend is in attendance for his first Glasto, so i feel a role coming on for him..

Ha ha yes, an induction type thing , excellent idea, my other half said hes not going to use the loo so therefore its my responsibility, we shall see... :sarcastic:

Ha ha yes, an induction type thing , excellent idea, my other half said hes not going to use the loo so therefore its my responsibility, we shall see... :sarcastic:

yeah right... watch him on saturday morning after 15 hours of drinking cider the day before.....

although to be fair, there are a good number of portaloos in each of the campervan fields and they are probably the cleanest on site..