Sufjan

Blannyboy

Not sure what will be included in his set, but I'm sure that it will include some songs from his Carrie and Lowell album.

Just listened to a streamed copy of the album, imo 'tis a thing of beauty, folky and reflective:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/23/sufjan-stevens-carrie-lowell-album-stream?CMP=twt_gu

Shoebox

Follow Blannyboy and me and give it a streamed listen

It is wonderful. A work of beauty

Can't do it. I understand that this whole pre-release streaming malarky is to combat people downloading leaks and what have you, but I like "release day" when the majority of people get to assess and analyse at the same time.

Only one week to wait.

I agree it sounds fantastic. Quite how it will translate to the Woods Stage remains to be seen..l

this is exactly where my head is as now.

i could have cried when i saw sufjan announced, and still have to pinch myself, but the woods is a big old open field. we do know though that sufjan will put on a show of some sort.

i have every confidence that it will be as good as Byrne/St Vincent or Grizzly Bear or Sigur Ros. or better.

there's blood on that blade, fuck me I'm falling apart.

Finally got to my local independent record store - Drift in Totnes - to get my copy of Sufjan's album.

Was speaking to the guy at counter who told me he has a friend on the US who had just been to a Sufjan gig. Apparently he described a crowd of around 8000 close to all being moved to tears.

Have a feeling this gig is going to be something really really special!

Latest set list here;

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/sufjan-stevens-73d6ae91.html?song=Redford+%28For+Yia-Yia+%26+Pappou%29

A lovely mix of songs around the new album and the YouTube clip of Death With Dignity is beautiful.

I am getting excited that this will not only work but leave us stunned

Definately going for the more stripped back song rather than the orchestral stuff innit.

That being said pretty much every song is a beautiful masterpiece, i just listened to the setlist as a playlist and i was pretty much crying my eyes out throughout it.

(That being said would of loved to of see versuvius live mind)

Edited by CliffRichardsPissSack

Just had a look at the a couple of the most recent setlists, it looks like a good sprinkling of songs across various albums, although I would like to have a couple more (or replaced one or two) from Illinois with, particularly Casimir Pulaski Day and possibly either Jacksonville, Decatur or The Man Of Metropolis - but that is just a personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...