2015 Camper van/caravan ticket and 4 5 day camping tickets :(

Aaron F

Right folks, as I've just posted on the other forums, I bought "seamonkeyhouse" on eBay's supplement for £155 inc postage and it's getting delivered tomorrow, woop woop! My search has not been without issues tho.

About 2 weeks ago I put my mobile number on Gumtree and on here for ppl to text me if they had one for sale. I received a text message in some very poor English offering me one. Following an exchange of a few messages, all of them in very poor English, I agreed to buy the person's ticket for £70 by bank transfer. Now the guy wouldn't answer the phone claiming he had lost his voice and was unable to speak and he also said he didn't have a camera phone. now I know what you are all thinking, why did I even entertain this bozo right? Well I agreed to send him half the next day and the remaining half on receipt of the ticket as I didn't entirely trust him but it was too good an opportunity to miss out on.

Anyway, after sending him the £35 I have had no replies from him and he has not answered my calls, save once when I rang him from work and the number was withheld. He assured me that he would send the ticket the following day and that he hadn't done it cos his mum had been ill. I was slightly reassured as the address he had given me was in Scotland and he had a Scottish accent.

Unsurprisingly I heard nothing more from him, he continued to ignore my texts and never answered the phone again.

Now in the grand scheme of things I know that £35 isn't a great deal and all together, with the money I've saved buying my other tickets from Gumtree too, I have spent roughly what they all would have cost me on ticketmaster so I don't feel too bad.

I have informed actionfraud.police and they are investigating.

Now it may have happened for many reasons, the guy lost his phone, maybe his mum was really ill but I don't think that a total lack of comms is entirely innocent.

I am gonna post the details of the person here as I don't want any of you guys to get caught out by the same guy.

Name P Muirhead

Address 26 Hermes Road, Elgin

Mobile no. 07904448790

Sort code 070436

Account no. 00754780

Obviously the account and sort code are the important things, the name and address could be made up for all I know.

Just be careful guys, get photos of the tickets with the date on a piece of paper next to them to verify they are the real deal.

I know that many of you will think I was stupid to send any money (I mean, who doesn't have a camera phone these days right). I think of it as a gamble that didn't pay off.

Please be aware of this tho ppl and don't get done up the bum like I did.

Anyway, I am now out of the race, good luck to you all and enjoy download whether in tents or vans.

Keep your horns up folks and remember, on a Crazy Crazy Night, in Detroit Rock City, God Gave Rock n Roll To YOU!!!