Resale

bennyboi

Hi all. My fiancée's little brother missed out on Sunday, unfortunately. Last year a friend of mine got a ticket in the "secret resale." He used some sort of page monitor to check when the site was updated, but we can't remember what it was. Would anybody be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

A Newbie

Follow that page? There are addd ons for browsers that do the same job but obviously they require you at a running computer to work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. My fiancée's little brother missed out on Sunday, unfortunately. Last year a friend of mine got a ticket in the "secret resale." He used some sort of page monitor to check when the site was updated, but we can't remember what it was. Would anybody be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

A Newbie

Yeah there are a number of page monitor apps and extensions on browsers these days.

Some let you be more specific about the change you are looking for, ie. a change within particular text on a page.

Two that can be used on Chrome are Page Monitor and Auto Refresh Plus.

I'm sure there are others and somebody on here who is more tech savvy than me may well point you in the direction of a better one

I found the See coach took at least five hours last year. They go all the way through London which takes about an hour. Then the driver is legally obliged to stop for 40 minutes or so at services. This bumped up the time considerably. Then we drove through Bristol.

Still worth it :)

That is my take on it too, still worth it! I went for the slightly later coach of 9am to try beat people automatically going for the first option in the resale.

Got the ticket and as long as I get to the festival on Wednesday I can live with the long coach, others can take my tent and pitch it for me!

Thanks

A Newbie

Theres Chrome Page monitor or Visual Ping. Both will tell you when theres a small change in a webpage.

Is it really as high as 1 in 7 returned? If so then that really does surprise me.

I've known lots of people who have been over the years, and don't know a single person who has put their ticket back into the pot. More fool them anyway!!!

Maybe thats high, for the last 2 years we've booked for 5 or 6 and 1 has put their ticket back each time.

I definitely think its higher than 1 in 10

I don't think that registration is opened up again until after the festival. I seem to remember someone posting that registration was open again on the Monday after last years festival. The reg page is still showing closed ATM, and I would have thought if they were opening it up again it would have been done by now,

And the reg page is now open again! :)

And the reg page is now open again! :)

I received an alert to say the Glasto See ticket page had been altered (thanks Siblin!) - I wonder if that was the change as tickets didn't seem to be available.

Edited by OBface

If you register now does that allow you to buy secret resale tickets for this year, or is it just for next year? I have a mate who forgot to register for this year.

once registration has been accepted and confirmed I am almost certain it covers you to purchase tickets straight away mate

Cheers man, that'll be two mates relying on secret resales. Luckily I'll home every day ready for them.

There's an extension for Chrome where you can have it monitor a page looking for changes can't remember what its called but I will have a look when I get in. Sets an alarm off when something happens.