Resale

bennyboi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea was wondering that too! Thought it used to be Victoria coach station.

I'm pretty sure it's Victoria, well it was last year.

Really struggling to decide whether to go for the coach sale first also this year, getting standard tickets would be more ideal but then your putting all your eggs in one basket. Reading stories like the one above getting 20 odd tickets in the standard re-sale is very uplifting : )

Really struggling to decide whether to go for the coach sale first also this year, getting standard tickets would be more ideal but then your putting all your eggs in one basket. Reading stories like the one above getting 20 odd tickets in the standard re-sale is very uplifting : )

I didn't do it all on my own. There were about 11 of us trying. I got on twice and got 8.

I am a complete technophobe so everyone giving tips and hints on how the best way to get tickets does nothing for me. The way I do it is turn off every device in the house that uses wifi... Including the sky box... And use one laptop. One tab. And refresh. Simples.

Im in exactly the same boat. Think I'm going to have to try the coach sale first myself.

I did this in 2014. I was so frightened of not getting a ticket I thought I would have double the chance of getting some. I got 3 coach tickets withing 3 minutes of the sale opening, and on Tday, got 27 more. I was gutted as I then had to go by coach, but ecstatic as I was going either way!

Please can you tell me what it was like on the coach? I am in the same position, in that I am not sure whether to go for the coach tickets first in the resale, having always gone by car in the past. I guess the advantage would be that you get dropped directly at the site, not having to walk miles from the car park etc, and for the disadvantage to be the timings of the coach not really fitting in with what you would like, but, in your opinion (or anyone else who knows!!) are there any other disadvantages of the coach?

Please can you tell me what it was like on the coach? I am in the same position, in that I am not sure whether to go for the coach tickets first in the resale, having always gone by car in the past. I guess the advantage would be that you get dropped directly at the site, not having to walk miles from the car park etc, and for the disadvantage to be the timings of the coach not really fitting in with what you would like, but, in your opinion (or anyone else who knows!!) are there any other disadvantages of the coach?

I've not been to Glastonbury before, but have done coaches to EOTR & Latitude and they are pretty good. Drop off is always a bonus, and not having the hassle of paring etc. Also, the coaches are often/usually routed differently to the car punters into the site, so don't wait so long in queue - tho can't comment for GF...though I will know what it was like in three month's time!

Ben

Advantages...

Not having to drive back, more than there

Party on the bus, full on

Getting straight to gate A without the trek from the car park.

Disadvantages...

Not taking as much gear, but could be an advantage too as you don't have to carry it as far

Not having control over what time you arrive, I luckily had friends to pitch my tent.

Party on the bus!!! I lost 2 hours of my life. Can't remember getting to the camp site, however, even in my inebriated state, I still found it!!

I attempted to buy a coach ticket from Reading in the secret resales last year, it left at a time that I didn't even know existed on the Thursday, I was desperate. Got my proper ticket about half an hour later.

F

U

C

K

It's Glastonbury though, I'll get the train the night before & sleep rough.

Coach is the way to go, did it last year and wouldn't ever want to drive again. Got GA tickets and went by National Express, though, not having any of that SeeTickets coaches silliness.

That SeeTickets silliness has responded to a cute/cheeky email from me that has got me on the first coach of the day, leaving Birmingham at 0545h and hopefully pitched up by 1030-1100am on the Wednesday!

I know See can be a bit sh*t, but the people at SeeCoaches seem like really nice actual humans. :)

Ben

The only reason I'm on the coach is because I didn't get a ticket last year so figured it would give me 2 chances of getting a ticket, managed to get one within a few seconds of the sale and then a group of 18 mates all got tickets in the general sale, thankfully using a campervan so I don't actually have to worry about carrying my stuff or setting up a tent.

In 2013, we had one guy trying to get a ticket in the resale.

We're in London.

Normal tickets sold out so went on to coach tickets.

London coach tickets sold out.

Tried to get something close to London, all sold out.

Eventually got a coach ticket. From Glasgow.

So he had to get a train from London to Glasgow on the Wednesday night, to get a coach to Glastonbury on the Thursday morning (which turned up two hours late).

They get to Glastonbury and all the bags are taken out, and the chemical toilet had been leaking onto his bag soaking all his clothes in chemicals, piss and crap.

On the plus side, he got £300 compo from See Tickets which paid for his weekend!

Edited by briddj

Think I may be getting dropped off at Bast and West this year. How long does it take at around 10 am? Plus how many fit in the shuttle? Theres 15 of us so with all our gear on top im expecting to be split up on the buses.

I've never got it that late - usually aim to be on the first few shuttles - but in the early morning takes about half an hour at most I'd say? Traffic depending. Same on way back. You will likely get separated but it's a bit of a mad scrum getting all your shit on the bus so everyone just piles on.

The only time I found this route to be stressful was in 2009 when there was an accident en route. My mate and I were at Bath and West for over 6 hours or some thing with no shade in the blistering heat. Not ideal. Pretty sure that was a one off though.

I think the first ones leave at like 6 or 7.

I've never got it that late - usually aim to be on the first few shuttles - but in the early morning takes about half an hour at most I'd say? Traffic depending. Same on way back. You will likely get separated but it's a bit of a mad scrum getting all your shit on the bus so everyone just piles on.

The only time I found this route to be stressful was in 2009 when there was an accident en route. My mate and I were at Bath and West for over 6 hours or some thing with no shade in the blistering heat. Not ideal. Pretty sure that was a one off though.

I think the first ones leave at like 6 or 7.

Thanks for the info! I've been told by glasto to keep my eyes on the website as they will be posting the information about where private buses can park so hopefully might still be gate a bus station.