Anyone going to glasto 2015 alone?

_holly_

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going Solo and a newbie AND mature festival goer AND by coach .... very nervous, also considered putting ticket back onto pot but know i would regret it so bit the bullett and paid, eeeeek

Good for you!! I think if there is one festival were you can go on your own its Glastonbury. If you camp with others that are going on there own for the first time, I think thats all you need. in the morning it is nice to have chat with people around you about the maddens you saw or got up to the night before.

Glastonbury is for everyone.

Hello

I will be tagging along with a friend of friends. Not quite alone, but not with people I know very well.

I'd be happy to meet with other people too.

I was worried about being on my own for some of the time and was going to forgo my ticket, but everyone I spoke to told me I would regret it if I didn't go.

So now I'm excited and looking forward to my first time camping (yikes), and my first festival :girldance::yahoo:.

Alisha

Hey Holly,

Relieved to see this! I am a 28 yr old girl, professional marketer, whose friends have also backed out / can't afford. Coming from London. I'd love to chat. I'm totally normal and really excited about going (but a bit nervous being on my own!!)

Lu x

Hi

I'll be travelling there from London too, (35, female) I haven't yet booked my travel yet...

It would be great to travel there with some others if there are a few travelling on the same day.

Hey Holly,

I am braving it alone too as my girlfriend and I broke up, this is my 2nd Glastonbury and I'm actually quite excited to be doing it on my own, although it is a bit daunting and would be nice to camp with some people I kind of know.

I'm a male, 25 and will be travelling from London getting to Glastonbury at about 3pm on the Wednesday. Drop me a message of you want to chat about things?

Edited by Gilmore000

This thread makes me really, really excited.... and very hopeful to get a pass in the resale in a few days. I am a Los Angeles girl who lives in Hong Kong. I go to Coachella every year back home, but the past two years I haven't gone as I've been, you know, in Asia :-P I streamed Coachella online this weekend and had such severe withdrawals and feelings of jealousy of not being there I went online to check out Glastonbury, which admittedly I knew nothing about other than it was a festival in England, and it's such kismet that today was the last day to register for an account to try for passes in a few days. Wow. Wish me luck. I am so open to meet and camp with you ladies above, by the way! I've never even been to the UK :) Cheers!!!

Hey Holly and others!

I found out today that the pal I was going with to Glastonbury is not actually going anymore, making me a solo traveller!

I'm a 20 y/o gal coming from Australia and actually have no one to camp with so if anyone could maybe help me out I would love you forever! <3 please don't hesitate to send me a message, I'd be so grateful for any help :)

Edited by arcticviolets

It's pretty vast :) normally I just chuck my tent where ever there is any space for one, I'm not getting there until the Thursday so I'm just going to be hoping there is room for me! Also the walk to campsites can be terrible with your backpack full of alcohol, maybe that's me being weak!

Hi all.

I'm a first timer too and going on my own. I was a bit apprehensive about going on my own but after reading this thread it got me feeling excited. I think it would be really good to meet up if anyone wants to?? I'm 28 male and traveling from Preston, Lancashire. Thank you, Steve

How about having a meet up in London before the journey?

Jet

I think this is a great idea, for any London-based people would you be up for meeting in Soho one evening in early May for a couple of drinks?

A friend of a friend made an excellent guide for first-timers last year, I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who's interested. He recommends camping in Pennards Hill, I have no idea where that is having never been though!

Jo x

Edited by JosephineSPS

I am camping there as well but as I know pennard hill fills up very quickly.. Probablyby Wednesday noon it would be up. My second choice would be Oxlyer.

My coach will depart on Thursday from London and I will be travelling from 15 June till Glastonbury. Let's have a drink when we are in London!

For those firsttimers who haven't read the tort guide to Glastonbury, I suggest you to goolge that up. (Not sure whether it can be mentioned here sorry if not). It talks about 80% of the things u need to know about Glastonbury.. Including photos and pros and cons of every camp site.

[qurote name=JosephineSPS" post="4643246" timestamp="1429098440]

I think this is a great idea, for any London-based people would you be up for meeting in Soho one evening in early May for a couple of drinks?

A friend of a friend made an excellent guide for first-timers last year, I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who's interested. He recommends camping in Pennards Hill, I have no idea where that is having never been though!

Jo x

Edited by Jettang

Solo missions can be the best times in Glastonbury.

Waiting for people takes up soo much time too, every thing takes half an hour, whether is a drink, toilet, food etc. You can cut that time in half on your own ;)

Not sure if id fancy it for the full 5 days though.

You will have a quality time regardless and probably end up with 10 new best mates by the end

Hi I'm coming on my own. I'm older than you lot but wouldn't mind meeting up sometime. Been a fair few times and love Glastonbury I will be in a campervan so won't be camping on site but happy to meet up.

I'm in the same boat or camper van as well.

Think I'm in west camper avn park.

It's my first Glastonbury time, any tips regards kit, do's and don't will be appreciated.

Must say I feel blessed to get a ticket with such a great lineup. Foos, catfish, Kate tempest, Alabama shakes etc, can't wait.

I'm pleased to go on my tod although would be nice to meet up with good people for a social as and when.

Seems like a decent bunch on here, solo travellers, young and like me 40's.

Hi all I'm travelling alone and probably camping alone for various reasons, would be great to have a base camp of nice people to have a few drinks with! I'm coming from Glasgow, hopefully on the coach wed morning...if I'm lucky tomorrow! My friend camped in dairy ground last year and it was a great spot, think I'll be making a bee line for there. If anyone fancies joining me I'd be up for some company. This is my 9th so I'm pretty clued up too for anyone needing a wee guide in the right direction

Hi all, 30 year old male, and only found out last night I had a place as a wrist banding volunteer for Glastonbury. The rest of my group are hoping for the resale on Sunday, otherwise it will be my first solo Glastonbury (8th in all since 2007). I love seeing parts of it alone but think it would also be great to meet up with some people in similar situations. I'll be travelling down from Gloucestershire (on the Monday afternoon for any other workers in need of a lift), return late on Sunday I imagine.

I'm happy to meet up with any newbies, or Glastonbury veterans and enjoy some of the festival in good company. I assume I'll have to camp in staff camping so may not be able to camp nearby others but happy to meet all types there.

If anyone can think of or suggest an area to camp in for us all that would be great. I've no idea what to expect...just how vast it is all going to be!

I think this is a good idea...does anyone want to suggest a place and we can all meet there?