Anyone going to glasto 2015 alone?

_holly_

Hey,

My friends has backed out and won't be paying the deposit on their tickets , which leaves me going alone!

I was wondering if anyone else was going alone and fancied joining?

I am 25 year old female, travelling down on the coach from Leeds. I have been to Glastonbury several times, but missed it last year!

Holly.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine you will get more threads after the resale. I got my ticket in the resale last year and was a solo traveller. Got involved in the threads on here and we ended up with a pretty cool group of about 20 people from all over the world.

My first Glasto was last year and I did it alone. I had a great time. There were occasions I thought it would have been nice to amble around with somebody, but that would have limited my ability to do things on a whim and make impromptu decisions to go somewhere just because I felt like it.

I'm thinking more that if I don't find other solo travellers ill probably leave my ticket too to be honest, I can't imagine it would be much fun alone!

Thanks though!

I think you'd be mad to throw your ticket back in the pot at this stage, the solo traveller thing didn't gather momentum until well after the resale last year.

But in saying that I also wouldn't be expecting others to be there to keep you company all the time. We camped together last year and broke off in smaller groups for the day if anyone fancied seeing the same gigs but also a lot of people just said hi in the morning and had a chat about what they saw the day previously then ambled off on their own.

I found it the perfect mix of being able to see and do what I wanted but also being able to join in with others.

I'm thinking more that if I don't find other solo travellers ill probably leave my ticket too to be honest, I can't imagine it would be much fun alone!

But it is fun alone! And it's fun with others!

I guess it depends on how attached you are to the idea that you need company to have a good time. For me, selfish as it sounds, company often hinders the experience. So the best scenario is to have company available who're up for spending some time with you but quite happy to do their own thing if you'd prefer to do your own thing. From what HMV says, efest groups seem perfect for that. Some kind of solo travellers camping group will emerge in the next few weeks, I'm certain. Then you can be part of it.

Don't throw away your chance to go!

Hey,

My friends has backed out and won't be paying the deposit on their tickets , which leaves me going alone!

I am 25 year old female, travelling down on the coach from Leeds. I have been to Glastonbury several times, but missed it last year!

Holly.

I'm working it alone - going by coach from Leeds too on the 24th of June :)

Glastonbury is great going solo, and as others have said closer to the time there will be details of solo meet ups and camping plans so look out for those

Just remember to keep your sensible head on when corresponding with people online and through forums and arranging any meet ups. 99.9% of folk at Glasto are fab but just be aware there are some looking to take advantage of the festival and people attending for their own means.

You will have a blast at the festival though - is an amazing place where memories are made

Thanks guys! I'll see what people start posting nearer the time. I'm more of a night owl anyway and tend to sleep most of the day and stay out all night!

Is it May the deadline to return tickets? You've got till then to decide (but go anyway, you'll have a ball, and so many stories to post in June)

Thanks guys! I'll see what people start posting nearer the time. I'm more of a night owl anyway and tend to sleep most of the day and stay out all night!

I've been on my own a few times and had a great time. You will make new friends too. At Glastonbury, you are never really alone anyway!

One thing though. You say you sleep all day. If you do that at Glastonbury you will miss out on an awful lot of stuff. I normally leave my tent around 11.30 (if not a bit before) and don't come back to sleep till about 3am. Loads of places give you somewhere to rest up for a bit. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it :)

Edited by sime

Hey,

Holly.

Hey Holly!

I'm on my own this year too - would be cool to sort something out so we can camp together!

I'll keep an eye on the forum from May for the big group chat too :)

Laurie

Hi Holly

I'm also going on my own - broke up with my ex and was meant to be going with him and his mates! I vaguely know other people going but not well enough to want to camp with/spend all my time with, figured it might be easier to go solo/with other solo people. Was going to cancel my ticket but I've never been before and this might be my only chance!

I'm coming from London but would be up for camping together, seems like there are others who feel the same too, let's do it...

Jo

Always enjoy seeing this thread come up each year and brings on a smile, about 12 years ago I was in the same situation, a few backed out and all of a sudden it was a solo start to the trip, met up and had a great night with a few Efesters on the Thursday and rode the famous Monorail to a Brazilian bar and it all went double, then spent the remainder of the weekend alone......

..... Except you are never alone at Glastonbury, people will talk and people will smile and you should never fear that you will feel alone at the greatest show on earth.

This year I'm going with the kids and a couple of others and it wont be long before sloping off quitely and going solo, always found it to be the best way to enjoy a festival and meet some amazing people from all over the world :)

Hey Holly,

Relieved to see this! I am a 28 yr old girl, professional marketer, whose friends have also backed out / can't afford. Coming from London. I'd love to chat. I'm totally normal and really excited about going (but a bit nervous being on my own!!)

Lu x

Just passing through but this sounds like good advice to me! Not going solo this year but 'the group' is reducing year on year so fully prepared to go on my own at some point in the future!

Glastonbury is great going solo, and as others have said closer to the time there will be details of solo meet ups and camping plans so look out for those

Just remember to keep your sensible head on when corresponding with people online and through forums and arranging any meet ups. 99.9% of folk at Glasto are fab but just be aware there are some looking to take advantage of the festival and people attending for their own means.

You will have a blast at the festival though - is an amazing place where memories are made

I'm 32 and attending my first glasto this year.

Don't get me wrong to share the experience with 4 or 5 close mates and the missus would be great but, it's not her thing and my mates have been busy creating new life and paying off houses.

So I'm going it alone. Been a part of this site since last September time and if the people in person are like they are as posters then we are in for s treat. Some really sound people on her so if you meet up with any you'll be fine.

I like the fact of going it alone and doing what I want when I want. Exploring things that I want to see and not being tied down to a group.

Enjoy it - don't give up your ticket your one of the priveliged few.