Kanye west confirmed

mike99

YEEZY SEASON APPROACHING, FUCK WHATEVER Y'ALL BEEN HEARING

hl6l0jz65xm11.jpg?width=432&s=5cf8d7335286f92d31c7ba211dda5c16b04c49c5

Yeezus 2/Yandhi out in 11 days

Also confirmed Kanye and Chance collab album will be the long waited Good Ass Job which was originally supposed to come after Graduation (possibly just in title alone).

Also The Throne 2 (which is hopefully exactly what we're all expecting and not some bullshit) still coming soon.

Very much hoping these new releases can make up for how underwhelming the previous ones were and aren't just a continuation of Kanye's downfall. Pretty exciting that they're sequels and continuations of old projects (and hopefully not in a Marshall Mathers LP2/The Blueprint 2/other rappers shitty sequel albums way). Don't fuck this up Ye.

Edited by FloorFiller

On 8/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, FloorFiller said:

First confirmed Kanye show right?

100% won't be at Glastonbury and I also struggle to see where they'd fit in on the UK festival scene at all as I don't think this collab (or more precisely, Cudi) is as big of a deal here as it is in the US, but good to see that it's hitting the road anyway. Would prefer a Kanye solo tour of course but if Cudi must come along I'm all for that too as the album really grew on me over time.

Could they potetntially do Other Stage (should Kanye's ego let him)?

I'd br excited to see it

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I love all 5 of his projects that came out this summer (Teyana Taylor included). Don't really get the hate, the production on all of them is different but excellent all the same. The guy is in-form imo.

Yeezus 2/Throne 2 followed by a tour? I'm more than ready.

is the hate not more down to the fact that the guy is a complete and utter skidmark?

2 minutes ago, StePotts said:

is the hate not more down to the fact that the guy is a complete and utter skidmark?

There's a fair share of that but I'm referring more to the 'he needs to come back from his last few underwhelming releases'-type comments.

Ye and Kids See Ghosts are probably my 2 favourite projects of his since MBDTF.

Ye is bottom two Kanye solo albums for sure. Kids See Ghosts has grown on me and is a decent album. DAYTONA is sick. Nasir I listened to once and found it decent. Haven't listened to the Teyana Taylor album.

Pretty sure most of the "hate" is just down to Ye being painfully average. Haven't really seen any hate for the other albums.

If Yandhi is Ye-level then wtp. Wish he'd just put more time and focus into an album.

Can’t imagine his recent public outbursts haven’t tarnished the reception of recent releases. Not saying they’re unsung masterpieces but it limited the goodwill of folk persevering with it.

KSG has grown on me massively while all the others lost their spark after a bit of time. I think naturally with such a deluge, I don’t expect a high quality from the upcoming albums but should still be bumpin.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ye is bottom two Kanye solo albums for sure. Kids See Ghosts has grown on me and is a decent album. DAYTONA is sick. Nasir I listened to once and found it decent. Haven't listened to the Teyana Taylor album.

Pretty sure most of the "hate" is just down to Ye being painfully average. Haven't really seen any hate for the other albums.

If Yandhi is Ye-level then wtp. Wish he'd just put more time and focus into an album.

yeah, his scattergun approach to releases and minimal quality control (possibly down to his giant ego) mean people get tired of him quickly

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Have to disagree. MBDTF and Graduation are the only 2 solo Kanye albums I'd definitely take over Ye.

Yeah I was a massive fan back after Yeezus came out but I have very little enthusiasm for new stuff right now. Just don't get the impression that he's putting time and care into stuff in the way he used to and it really does show in the resulting music. Daytona and Ghost Town were great but the rest I'm very cold on. 

One thought I do have about a Yeezus 2 (and why I think it could happen):

That 'Lift Yourself' thing he put out (poop di scoop) - that beat was pure Yeezus. I'm thinking that potentially he has a laptop full of those lined up.

Think we've probably seen the end of his 8-9 minutes tunes though. They ain't good for streaming numbers, and judging by that new collab with Lil Pump he's putting more stock into that these days.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I missed the new album news, whys he releasing an album on a Saturday? He's gone too far this time.

He's going to be on SNL so it would seem to fit in with that.

Anyway I think I'm done with him after his latest round of bullshit. We'll always have College Dropout - Life Of Pablo.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So the last few days, man has been out there wearing his 'repurposed' MAGA hat and sticking up for A$AP Bari and XXXtentacion, with the latter and 6ix9ine featuring on his new record. These album rollouts are fucking terrible.

Appaz he said he wanted Louis CK to host his SNL episode as well. To quote the second track of his more recent album, 'Yikes'.