Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

He'll still be working in it for some time after the release.

Is it actually coming tomorrow?

There's been no official word yet but a leaked instagram post about a listening party has been floating around and he managed to get Pusha T's out so I think he'll deliver.

And it pains me to say after all this wait but I gotta agree with @Gucci Piggy on this one. Daytona was 7 tracks and every second of it felt vital. This is the same length but an awful lot of it sounds like filler or half baked ideas or even leftovers (sound-wise) from TLOP, and Kanye himself doesn't get nearly enough memorable mic time. I'm sure some of it will grow with time but it's definitely no classic. Maybe he just spread himself too thin with these 5 projects, 

Can't immediately rate it that much as an album but 'Some Day' is fucking incredible. Massive euphoric pop singalong that feels like nothing he's made before. Feels like it belongs on a completely different album though, even from a completely different artist since Kanye is mostly absent from it vocally. That's incidentally the track that features Kid Cudi so if next week's collab album follows from that I'll be very happy. 

As with almost every album release ever, I may have spoken too soon and this is growing on me quite a bit. It's still not prime 'Ye from top to bottom (which it probably should've been at just 23 minutes), but there are some brilliant bits in there. Ghost Town got me very excited for Kids See Ghost in a week's time.