Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Not defending him because he's clearly lost the plot but you can even see he regrets saying what he's saying midway through but is in too deep by that time so just rolls with it. It's like he hasn't thought a lot of this stuff through and is just reeling off whatever comes to his mind first.

I initially thought all his stupid Twitter stuff was some kind of ploy in drumming up interest for his new album, but it's pretty clear now that he's lost touch with reality. Feels wrong blaming it on mental illness but it's hard to fathom just what else such an insane 180 could be caused by. The guy who wrote New Slaves now denying it was ever a real thing. Madness.

Edited by FloorFiller
oops, halved the degrees

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it's hard to fathom just what else such an insane 360 could be caused by. 

I don't really want to make levity of the situation here but does this mean he's moonwalking away? 

sorry

Can’t believe it’s anything but a marketing ploy, albeit an idiotic/dangerous (delete as applicable) one. 

He’s pushed boundaries in many ways before, no surprise that he’s trying to do it again. 

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This is all performance art?!?!

Seems believable. I've always felt Kanye has a unique mindset which many misinterpret and that's why people think he's a bit of a loony but he's actually trying to get a point across

But there’s a lot of shit going on that has stuff all to do with the American right though. Like the free thinker stuff doesn’t seem like a bamboozle, and all the outpouring of love as well. Like he’s not reaching out to Jan Adams as performance art is he? The Ebro stuff and poopty scoopty? And making friends with J Cole ffs???

I know he’s encouraged by the fact that he’s causing a stir because he sets up every album by dominating the headlines but I think he’s doing that with his newfound enlightenment offa Candace Owens rather than tricking everyone. Goes without saying that there’s a point some way back where Ye should have stopped if this was just a prank. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

But there’s a lot of shit going on that has stuff all to do with the American right though. Like the free thinker stuff doesn’t seem like a bamboozle, and all the outpouring of love as well. Like he’s not reaching out to Jan Adams as performance art is he? The Ebro stuff and poopty scoopty? And making friends with J Cole ffs???

I know he’s encouraged by the fact that he’s causing a stir because he sets up every album by dominating the headlines but I think he’s doing that with his newfound enlightenment offa Candace Owens rather than tricking everyone. Goes without saying that there’s a point some way back where Ye should have stopped if this was just a prank. 

Okay but how do we know you're not just part of the performance art piece

Obama called him a Jackass, that fits for me. I honestly think, while he is very creative, he is basically not that bright, not through innate stupidity, more down to lack of education.

I think what he is trying to say is what Marley said much better "Free yourself form mental slavery".

By choosing the word "choice" he just shows how, down to lack of exposure to any sort of meaningful intellectual discourse regarding such matters, how unenlightened he is. Only an ignorant, uneducated person could come to the conclusion that 400 years of slavery was down to the victims choosing not to free themselves. To see those four centuries as anything other than the most applied oppression in human history is perverse fallacy

He has proudly claimed, like Trump, that he does not read books. That is all you need to know really. The fact that Kanye and Trump seem to be surfing on a wave of populism is indicative of the fact that as a human race we are caught in a perfect storm of anti-intellectual hubris.

My solution? send Kanye and Trump books. Audio books maybe, but send 'em books. Everyone, send them air-mail, write them sycophantic, encouraging cover letters, extolling the virtues of the books you send. Make this a movement. Hope they will change.

If the anti-intellectuals win we are all fucked.

Kanye in simpler times ...

25 minutes ago, bamber said:

Obama called him a Jackass, that fits for me. I honestly think, while he is very creative, he is basically not that bright, not through innate stupidity, more down to lack of education.

I think what he is trying to say is what Marley said much better "Free yourself form mental slavery".

By choosing the word "choice" he just shows how, down to lack of exposure to any sort of meaningful intellectual discourse regarding such matters, how unenlightened he is. Only an ignorant, uneducated person could come to the conclusion that 400 years of slavery was down to the victims choosing not to free themselves. To see those four centuries as anything other than the most applied oppression in human history is perverse fallacy

He has proudly claimed, like Trump, that he does not read books. That is all you need to know really. The fact that Kanye and Trump seem to be surfing on a wave of populism is indicative of the fact that as a human race we are caught in a perfect storm of anti-intellectual hubris.

My solution? send Kanye and Trump books. Audio books maybe, but send 'em books. Everyone, send them air-mail, write them sycophantic, encouraging cover letters, extolling the virtues of the books you send. Make this a movement. Hope they will change.

If the anti-intellectuals win we are all fucked.

Kanye in simpler times ...

Send him some Jessie J videos mate.

• Upvote 1

I’ve neverheard of a truly great artist who wasn’t also very smart. He isn’t stupid he’s just mental. He had a breakdown last year, was in hospital for good while and is still on medication. That combined with the usual Kanye ness is surely where this is coming from.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I’ve neverheard of a truly great artist who wasn’t also very smart. He isn’t stupid he’s just mental. He had a breakdown last year, was in hospital for good while and is still on medication. That combined with the usual Kanye ness is surely where this is coming from.

I think that's why a lot of people are saying it's down to him being uneducated as opposed to innately stupid.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:12 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

Send him some Jessie J videos mate.

If you are arguing that Kanye is smarter than Jessie J, then yes indeed bro, you are on to something there, marginally. I'm not sure that there is so much between them though. I'm of the opinion that you don't have to be that smart/educated to be a musical genius. Far from it.

It is their insane babbling outside of their musical and lyrical output where Kanye and Jessie and many others all fall into the same affectation trap. They should leave their music to speak for itself and shut the fuck up if they are not qualified to speak on the matters they pontificate on. There are smarter musicians who have earned the right to speak out, but it invariably diminishes the impact of of their great songs if they do.

Everyone loves a profound musical creation. No one likes a rich fool venting off.