Kanye west confirmed

mike99

On 7/26/2020 at 11:42 AM, Matt42 said:

Of course I do but my point was that for me it’s pretty clear who has impressed me the most this year. 

Things could change, it seems like there are a lot of releases coming up now as markets reopen. I’m interested to hear who is coming with a surprise around the corner. 

Would argue that, although I'm really digging the Swifty album, that Laura Marling and RTJ are already ahead of here in the AOTY race.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes, one more thanks. The writer has got a very good take specifically on Kanye but also on mental health matters. Wish there were more journalists with this intelligence and ability. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone watched/listened to the rogan interview?

While he has some great moments there’s some comments about his mental health that concern me a bit. That his medication gets between him and god.

As much as I love the dudes artistry he’s very much living in a hyper narcissistic world where everything is centred around him. He very much operates like things are placed on this earth specifically for him.

He also wants to be president because he believes god wants this to be the case. It also sounds like he wants to be president to prove some kind of point rather than do anything political. Ask him about something political and it all falls apart out of his mouth.

He wants to be president for the clout, nothing more nothing less. He wants people to keep referring to him as some kind of biblical figure.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Anyone watched/listened to the rogan interview

While he has some great moments there’s some comments about his mental health that concern me a bit. That his medication gets between him and god.

As much as I love the dudes artistry he’s very much living in a hyper narcissistic world where everything is centred around him. He very much operates like things are placed on this earth specifically for him.

He also wants to be president because he believes god wants this to be the case. It also sounds like he wants to be president to prove some kind of point rather than do anything political. Ask him about something political and it all falls apart out of his mouth.

He wants to be president for the clout, nothing more nothing less. He wants people to keep referring to him as some kind of biblical figure.

I wouldn’t worry too much about him becoming president.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about him becoming president.

I’m not too worried about him actually BEING president, but more that he won’t shut up about being president.

If he continues to go forward as an independent it will go nowhere. I don’t like he will be running for the republicans or democrats anytime soon.

He will encourage a lot of people to write him in, but it shouldn’t go anywhere. Doesn’t mean we won’t stop hearing about it though.

I think we already stopped hearing about it. I personally didn't know he was still running (if he is) and the talk has shifted to the real candidates.

He also released a song a few weeks back that nobody talked about. Our man is drifting out to persona non grata status in some press circles, or at least compared to how he used to be.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think we already stopped hearing about it. I personally didn't know he was still running (if he is) and the talk has shifted to the real candidates.

He also released a song a few weeks back that nobody talked about. Our man is drifting out to persona non grata status in some press circles, or at least compared to how he used to be.

Oh yeah I completely forgot he released a single haha

If you watch the interview he seems to be making this very “deep brah” a analogies that mean nothing to the ordinary person. 

What always irks me is how he talks about Gucci and expensive clothes like every person in earth is queuing up to buy every item that comes out (just like his circle is). The dude has totally lost touch with reality, he’s gone back to the “medicine is control” argument and Joe rogan just laps it up.

He makes deep brah comments about corporate greed, but then  speaks about how Musk, Steve Jobs, and all his favourite fashion designers are geniuses. He clearly just opens his mouth, throws things out, and sees what sticks. No wonder he loves trump.

Its clearly because Joe is too scared to actually challenge him. It seems like Kanye has now surrounded himself with yes men and it’s lead him to form this hyper narcissistic personality.

You’re right that people seem to be tired of it now. 

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If you watch the interview he seems to be making this very “deep brah” a analogies that mean nothing to the ordinary person. 

What always irks me is how he talks about Gucci and expensive clothes like every person in earth is queuing up to buy every item that comes out (just like his circle is). The dude has totally lost touch with reality, he’s gone back to the “medicine is control” argument and Joe rogan just laps it up.

He makes deep brah comments about corporate greed, but then  speaks about how Musk, Steve Jobs, and all his favourite fashion designers are geniuses. He clearly just opens his mouth, throws things out, and sees what sticks. No wonder he loves trump.

Its clearly because Joe is too scared to actually challenge him. It seems like Kanye has now surrounded himself with yes men and it’s lead him to form this hyper narcissistic personality.

Goes without saying but Joe Rogan is a knuckle dragging moron. 

Kanye has his own mental health issues which don’t appear to have been addressed as well as they could have been. Sadly creatively he seems well past it also. 

Just now, zero000 said:

Goes without saying but Joe Rogan is a knuckle dragging moron. 

Kanye has his own mental health issues which don’t appear to have been addressed as well as they could have been. Sadly creatively he seems well past it also. 

I don’t think Joe is a bad guy but I think he was a bit starstruck to have Kanye on his podcast so he just let Kanye dictate the whole thing while he sat starry eyed.

Kanye can’t interview with anyone who challenges him. He’s not used to people asking him to elaborate on any point he makes.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He makes deep brah comments about corporate greed, but the  speaks about how Musk, Steve Jobs, and all his favourite fashion designers are geniuses. He clearly just opens his mouth, throws things out, and sees what sticks. No wonder he loves trump.

To be fair, I wouldn't have expected Joe Rogan to challenge him. It's his style to let the interviewee just talk. I don't expect he'd be the most incisive person to put Ye down anyway.

The Letterman interview on Netflix, there are a couple of moments where Ye is challenged and he has no idea what to say, and the audience cheer. That was only a couple of moments, he indulges him for the most part. I guess this is why he doesn't sit down to challenging interviews because he has nothing to back anything up and just flounders. Obviously it's terribly sad because he's just completely gone now - I don't think someone sticking the knife into him would help bring him back.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

To be fair, I wouldn't have expected Joe Rogan to challenge him. It's his style to let the interviewee just talk. I don't expect he'd be the most incisive person to put Ye down anyway.

The Letterman interview on Netflix, there are a couple of moments where Ye is challenged and he has no idea what to say, and the audience cheer. That was only a couple of moments, he indulges him for the most part. I guess this is why he doesn't sit down to challenging interviews because he has nothing to back anything up and just flounders. Obviously it's terribly sad because he's just completely gone now - I don't think someone sticking the knife into him would help bring him back.

Ah jinx! It was the letterman interview I was thinking of throughout the whole of the rogan podcast. ^^ echoing the points above you can just tell Kanye has built a circle around him that call him a genius all day while he tries to emulate Musk, Jobs, Trump, and Prince.

Edited by Matt42

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

What the hell I completely missed that song. Wash Us In The Blood was so good, shame he couldn't keep up the quality for 2 whole songs. Someone wrote about it "this must be what Yeezus sounds like to people who don't like Yeezus" which j thought was quite good.

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp looks like the long rumoured Kimye divorce is finally happening. A couple of years back I’d be inclined to make a ‘get hyped for 808s part 2’ comment, but honestly I’m just worried for what this’ll do to Kanye’s mental state. 

Absolutely agree, he seems to have entirely removed himself from the public eye. Hopefully he'll just keep himself safe. I can't see anymore music anytime soon, I expect JIK 2 and Donda have been scrapped by now.