Kanye west confirmed

mike99

It's not a problem to condemn somebody's behaviour, but still have sympathy for their personal situation. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Imagine if a white person had said what he said about 400 years of slavery being a 'choice'... He got off lightly for that.

And I've always thought his siding with Trump comes down to one single simple thing - Obama calling him a 'jackass' that time.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

He quite possibly does, but I bet he's still a c**t if he's treated successfully.

Then what's your excuse gonna be? :P 

It doesn't matter what your "bet" is, as if betting on whether somebody is or isn't mentally unwell is acceptable.

At this point we have enough evidence that the man is on the 'not quite right' mental spectrum, as if we didn't already.

Interesting statement and does chime with an interview I heard with Simon Pegg recently. He was playing a character with mental health problems in America and he was saying how different the health system is and how they will only treat mental health problems if the person themselves wants to be treated. 

Someone in my family suffers from Bipolar and I can confirm that it does lead her to say things that she doesn't necessarily. When having a manic episode she can get very religious even though she isn't usually for example. I still always think it's sad to see these things played out in public. It is a shame that those closest to them can't at least limit the damage.  

Plus this album is quite literally named after his mum (whose death kicked off the more unstable kanye) so I wouldnt be surprised if that is extra triggering for him. Its sad cause it looks like everyone close to him is trying their best to get help for him...

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

We’ve got an album cover. Now just for the album.

40FF63AF-F92A-4884-8ED5-7F21AD7C8106.jpeg

Ive totally lost all interest in this. Folklore has already won album of the year so I really have lost all interest.

I’ll start caring when it appears in my Spotify library. 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ive totally lost all interest in this. Folklore has already won album of the year so I really have lost all interest.

I’ll start caring when it appears in my Spotify library. 

The change of hype surrounding this one compared to the few before is incredibly noticeable. Suppose you’re only as good as your last album and unfortunately Kanye is now in the ‘it’s probably gonna be a bit crap’ bracket rather than off the back of a string of masterpieces.

Don’t know why he doesn’t just surprise drop it out of nowhere instead of announcing all these release dates he’s never gonna meet.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Listen to albums for enjoyment fam. Unless you are Fantano, no one cares about anyone's album of the year race.

Of course I do but my point was that for me it’s pretty clear who has impressed me the most this year. 

Things could change, it seems like there are a lot of releases coming up now as markets reopen. I’m interested to hear who is coming with a surprise around the corner. 

On 7/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thanks for posting that.  It's always good to have a chance to refer back to a wider perspective! Particularly when it's increasingly hard to separate an artist from the attendant circus.