Kanye west confirmed

mike99

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep, musical genius. I don't think many people would consider what he does or says once he steps out of the studio genius at all, and it wasn't his personality that got us hooked in the first place - it's just an increasingly worsening byproduct that we have to continuously come to heads with.

His first Zane Lowe interview is something else. I think there's some sort of a genius in there, outside of his music, but he seems to be such a troubled man that the good and intelligent things he has to say are massively outweighed by the amount of utter fucking nonsense he says.

My favourite part of that Zane Lowe interview is when he is talking about how Lady Gaga is the Creative Director of Polaroid; "I like some of the Gaga songs.... What the fuck does she know about cameras?"

Fuck it, it's 3:18 am and I'm this far gone already. I am going to watch the whole interview.

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

His first Zane Lowe interview is something else. I think there's some sort of a genius in there, outside of his music, but he seems to be such a troubled man that the good and intelligent things he has to say are massively outweighed by the amount of utter fucking nonsense he says.

My favourite part of that Zane Lowe interview is when he is talking about how Lady Gaga is the Creative Director of Polaroid; "I like some of the Gaga songs.... What the fuck does she know about cameras?

I love that quote too. Mainly because so much of what he does can garner the same response too!

What the fuck does he know about politics?

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If this is legit then hype hype hype hype (not that I’m actually expecting it to release on that date or with that track list)

Same man. You just know it will be delayed and amended but one can hope. Wash Us In The Blood being there is a good sign for me, hope it stays and the record keeps some of that sound.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup. He’s having a breakdown.

He absolutely, surely is - there is another video in the replies to that tweet that is quite uncomfortable to watch. I have to hope that the people who care about Kanye are at least trying to get him some help.. and that he will accept some before long. 

Edit: Yeah, I think the video I refer to is from the section you just posted the tweets recounting. I could just about make out the words "kill my daughter".

Edited by WestCountryGirl

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Almost as embarrassing as his performance on the Pyramid stage.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

This c**t is worse than Moz.

Is this really necessary? Whatever you think of him its likely he’s experiencing a mental health crisis at the moment. Not sure this is the time we should be casting judgement on him. 

8 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Is this really necessary? Whatever you think of him its likely he’s experiencing a mental health crisis at the moment. Not sure this is the time we should be casting judgement on him. 

I was scrolling down this thread and was about to post the exact same thing.

10 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I get what you mean dude, but having a mental health issue doesn't necessarily exclude someone from also being a bit of a shitbiscuit. It definitely looks from an untrained and external view like he's in a bad place right now, but at the same time it's not as though it's not in keeping (to a less extreme degree) with his track record?

If his crisis or issues are exaggerating some of his character traits (basically dialling Kanye all the way up to 11) then you can't get away from the fact that those traits would be there without the crisis.

Just a grey area I think. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

I get what you mean dude, but having a mental health issue doesn't necessarily exclude someone from also being a bit of a shitbiscuit. It definitely looks from an untrained and external view like he's in a bad place right now, but at the same time it's not as though it's not in keeping (to a less extreme degree) with his track record?

If his crisis or issues are exaggerating some of his character traits (basically dialling Kanye all the way up to 11) then you can't get away from the fact that those traits would be there without the crisis.

Yep absolutely.

The guy has been a tool for many years now and whilst he is definitely coming across as in urgent need of help, his dickish behaviour is entirely in keeping with his history. The two are not mutually exclusive, and as you say his current crisis is essentially amplifying already poor behaviour. I have sympathy for anyone going through a mental health crisis as I've been there before myself, but equally Kanye is deserving of being called out when he's being a complete prick. It doesn't make you immune to criticism.

I find it impossible to be hyped for a new record being released by someone acting like an utter bellend and in the midst of a mental health crisis. It's all a bit morbid, to be honest, and regardless of how good this new record ends up being, it's not the time to be celebrating his music.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:50 PM, kalifire said:

The whole Kanye thing probably came after somebody on Trump's campaign figured out that calling Black Lives Matter a 'symbol of hate' is going to decimate his chances of wining many black votes. So get Kanye out to take votes from Biden. Nobody voting Trump is going to vote Kanye, but people voting Biden may be persuaded.

It's all incredibly desperate, but Trump will do whatever he can to win, which is what's going to make it extra sweet when he doesn't.

Seems like people are not falling for it though - Kanye seems to be taking votes away from Trump

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not far off but I think Moz is worse because that’s what he truly thinks.

I'd say it's the other way round. Spouting bollocks you don't believe for some sort of financial or reputational gain (or whatever the Hell it is he's trying to do) is surely worse than coming out with stuff you truly believe. 

6 hours ago, Quark said:

It is a bit of a grey area. I just think people aren't really aware of how people who experience mania or psychosis can present when they're in crisis. They can often say bizarre or offensive things which they would never believe or say when they are not in crisis. It doesn't necessarily amplify traits which are already there. 

I'm not saying what he's said isn't offensive and shouldn't be questioned. I just think that it is important to consider the context around him and the people that are potentially enabling him. 

And he didnt end up getting on the ballot for south carolina because he failed to submit the signatures he had acquired to get on said ballot. So what does that tell you. Also, his wife is upset at her daughter being mentioned yesterday. That’ll be interesting if it ends up on the tv show.