Kanye west confirmed

mike99

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If he runs as an independent it’s probably to make sure trump gets into power. Steal some votes from the democrats who don’t like Biden.

Unfortunately this is probably his endgame - hope that young and minority voters decide to vote for him instead of Biden and ultimately help Trump steal the election. 

I’m just gonna go back a page or so and listen to that new song again and pretend he’s still just a guy cranking out good hip hop tunes...

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is it. If he runs Trump will win the Presidency.

Fortunately I don't think (most) people are that stupid, and he's left it too late to really make any kind of impact. IF this is his plan and not just some way to drum up new album hype (probably a bit of both) then it's pretty naive of Kanye to think him running for president is gonna draw away a lot of black voters etc considering some of the dumb shit he's said over the last few years. Anybody with any sense knows that it's Biden or bust come November, and Kanye isn't gonna get in the way of that.

Edited by FloorFiller
word

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fortunately I don't think (most) people are that stupid, and he's left it too late to really make any kind of impact. IF this is his plan and not just some way to drum up new album hype (probably a bit of both) then it's pretty naive of Kanye to think him running for president is gonna draw away a lot of black voters etc considering some of the dumb shit he's said over the last few years. Anybody with any sense knows that it's Biden or bust come November, and Kanye isn't gonna get in the way of that.

Whilst Biden is out performing Trump in the polls, he's a pretty underwhelming Dem candidate especially for the young. If Kanye runs then it will almost certainly do enough to reduce the amount of votes going Bidens way and in-turn will lead to Trump getting re-elected. I reckon this is the aim if he does run, he's pro-Trump anyway so this would help that means. There's no other way for Trump to get re-elected, he's done for if nothing exceptional comes up; just look at the poll recently from Texas.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Whilst Biden is out performing Trump in the polls, he's a pretty underwhelming Dem candidate especially for the young. If Kanye runs then it will almost certainly do enough to reduce the amount of votes going Bidens way and in-turn will lead to Trump getting re-elected. I reckon this is the aim if he does run, he's pro-Trump anyway so this would help that means. There's no other way for Trump to get re-elected, he's done for if nothing exceptional comes up; just look at the poll recently from Texas.

I think what little damage Kanye can do in the few states he can actually register in won't make all that much difference as I believe a lot of them are already closed to new candidates, along with all the other finer details that it takes to legitimately run. If he does intend to make a legitimate go of it for whatever reason - possibly to help Trump - he's left it far too late. Biden may not be the candidate people were hoping for, but anybody with a brain can see that he's the antithesis to Trump's racist idiocy. If there's one positive that's come from both the coronavirus and BLM movements happening this year, it's that they've shone a light on how ill equipped Trump is to do his job, as I think he had a huge chance of winning again if this all hadn't happened.

Here's hoping Kanye is just being Kanye and has no real intention of running and it's all just some dumb album promo. Pretty sure making some kind of wild statement like this has been his go-to marketing strategy for new material for the last few years now, and it works every time.

This is obviously bollocks that comes either out of a desire to generate some headlines or out of his own ego and will be forgotten in a month.

Taking votes away from Biden (or Trump for that matter)? No. That's not happening in any numbers worth talking about. He can't realistically get on the ballot in the vast majority of states - he's long since missed the deadline to get the nomination of any registered party, and in theory that's the easier route. There's still time (but only just) to get on the ballot as an independent in most states, but this usually has a much higher threshold - for example in a key state like Florida, he'd need to collect 130,000 signatures by July 15th. Then in Michigan he'd need 30,000 signatures by July 16th. Some states are a bit "easier" than that - but even in the best case he'd still have about a month at most to get sorted.

Write in candidate? Maybe, but it's still unlikely. A majority of states still require a write-in candidate to be registered ahead of time, and have various rules around eligibility, and some states don't allow write-ins at all. The amount he'd have to spend on a write-in campaign to get even a tiny amount of votes makes it hilariously unlikely.

It's promotional stunt, nothing more.

Didn't we discover last month that Kanye was wearing MAGA hats and shouting for Trump because he wanted to boost his and Kim's chances of pushing prison reform, and that he was donating to Democrats all along? Pro-Trump conspiracy lmao.

It's just some Twitter rambling same as last time he said he was gonna run. He actually would have had time to set up a campaign last time, he wouldn't now. But it's a stunt, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by dentalplan

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't we discover last month that Kanye was wearing MAGA hats and shouting for Trump because he wanted to boost his and Kim's chances of pushing prison reform, and that he was donating to Democrats all along? Pro-Trump conspiracy lmao.

It's just some Twitter rambling same as last time he said he was gonna run. He actually would have had time to set up a campaign last time, he wouldn't now. But it's a stunt, so it doesn't matter.

Is that proven really or is this just what his fans want to believe? The guy has been very vocal about trump for matters way beyond prison reform. Seemed like a cop out excuse with coincided with BLM, where being associated with the Republican Party was not a great time. People around him were probably pushing him to vocally call out his hero.

As much as I respect the guy as an artist he is clearly a narcissist and loves Trump for that very reason. It’s a way of him continuing his support for trump through the back door.

Did his plan that was supposedly so “clever” to bring about prison reform succeed? 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I think what little damage Kanye can do in the few states he can actually register in won't make all that much difference as I believe a lot of them are already closed to new candidates, along with all the other finer details that it takes to legitimately run. If he does intend to make a legitimate go of it for whatever reason - possibly to help Trump - he's left it far too late. Biden may not be the candidate people were hoping for, but anybody with a brain can see that he's the antithesis to Trump's racist idiocy. If there's one positive that's come from both the coronavirus and BLM movements happening this year, it's that they've shone a light on how ill equipped Trump is to do his job, as I think he had a huge chance of winning again if this all hadn't happened.

Here's hoping Kanye is just being Kanye and has no real intention of running and it's all just some dumb album promo. Pretty sure making some kind of wild statement like this has been his go-to marketing strategy for new material for the last few years now, and it works every time.

I hope you are right. Part of me thinks this is a huge missed opportunity for the Dems, if they could've found a younger, more charismatic candidate as Biden is so uninspiring.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

200704-kanye-west-trump-axc-1035p_dcfe33

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is that proven really or is this just what his fans want to believe? The guy has been very vocal about trump for matters way beyond prison reform. Seemed like a cop out excuse with coincided with BLM, where being associated with the Republican Party was not a great time. People around him were probably pushing him to vocally call out his hero.

As much as I respect the guy as an artist he is clearly a narcissist and loves Trump for that very reason. It’s a way of him continuing his support for trump through the back door.

Did his plan that was supposedly so “clever” to bring about prison reform succeed? 

Yes a bill was passed in senate.

Yes, he donated solidly to dems, albeit before Trump was elected. The thing about him ditching Trump is just an account from his friend to a journalist but that's still more believable than listening to some guy who loves drama and outlandish theories on a festivals forum.

He has donated significantly to BLM in the past couple of months too, and to the families of victims of high profile police brutality incidents.

Edited by dentalplan

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kim, Kris, Caitlyn, and various other members of the Kardashians have a deep history with the Republican Party.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=Bruce+Jenner&contributor_name=Caitlyn+Jenner&contributor_name=Kim+Kardashian&contributor_name=Kris+Jenner&max_date=12%2F31%2F2020

“It’s so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralyzed,” he claimed. “So when they say the way we’re going to fix Covid is with a vaccine, I’m extremely cautious. That’s the mark of the beast. They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”

Good morning from Kanye - https://www.nme.com/news/music/kanye-west-says-he-had-covid-19-speaks-against-vaccines-2703611?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=