Kanye west confirmed

mike99

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I always forget that Travis Scott is another AAA rapper that might be on Glastonbury’s radar.

Ehh I doubt it. I imagine, much like Drake, he's just too expensive, and honestly I don't think he'd be on Glastonbury's radar for headliners anyway, or at least not at this stage in his career.

Ah here we go. Finally something back on the right track. Decent track that.

Man I'd love to see him have another crack at the Pyramid and put on a show that does him justice. Crazy how an act can be one of the best I've ever seen at one show, and most disappointing I've ever seen at another. Unfortunately it seems like a one and done deal but here's hoping.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I love Kanye. Always will. 

I feel like Kids See Ghosts flew a bit under the radar in the U.K. but it’s some of the tightest sounding Kanye material 

Kids See Ghosts is an incredible album that's ageing like a fine wine before our eyes. Also feels like a proper, finished project (even at just 24 minutes in length) as I don't think Kanye was fucking around with this one until the minute it was released. Guy has 100% still got it - he just needs somebody there to tell him when to stop. Oh what could've been with both Ye and Yahndi/JIK if there had been some quality control or somebody willing to step in and say 'finished'.

I’ve defended him for far worse behaviour in the past but that tweet congratulating his missus for becoming a billionaire yesterday really boiled my piss. I made the mistake of reading that GQ interview from earlier in the year afterwards and that just annoyed me more.

The opinion that Kanye has a staggering lack of self awareness or ability to read the room is hardly a unique one, but Christ he’s on another planet sometimes.

I really liked the new single. I was getting concerned when he released Ye and JIK as those are two underwhelming albums. Although Jesus Is Born is arguably a masterpiece.

I was very surprised that the video and single were released on time because he's a nightmare with schedules. Maybe being locked down in COVID got him back into his focussed mindset. I think his biggest issue is getting distracted, getting more enthused about another idea and abandoning projects. 

Regarding the billionaire tweet, I agree that he has very little self awareness - but like most celebrities he's living in the 'Beverley Hills' bubble. It's been over 10 years since he came into the public eye as a major celebrity with his first scandal (Imma let you finish), so if you don't like how he acts you don't need to follow him. All the above said, he doesn't help himself though so I completely get why people hate him.

Edited by discgoesmic

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Maybe when millions of Americans are losing their job, it's something you just keep quiet eh?

I did get it, was just being silly.

But y'know, he's not encouraging all of his followers to revel in her success, nor is he responsible for the current state of things, he hasn't gone into a food bank and said it... Who cares about an innocent tweet? KKW has used her platform to influence prison reform in the US so it's not like she's not got an eye on people who need help out there.

Edited by dentalplan

Congratulating somebody on becoming a billionaire, especially when everybody is already fully aware of just how rich the Kardashians are, is a tone deaf thing to do at the best of times, never mind our current climate, but it's pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of Kanye's lunacy, and I suppose he just wanted to be supportive of his wife. Kanye stopped being on a level a long time ago so I've found it's easier to just ignore a lot of the dumb shit he says these days rather than get worked up over it - he's a rich man living in a rich world, and unfortunately any sense of being anything other than that has long since been forgotten by him. All I hope is that he can continue to release good music, because damn can he be good at that when he's switched on enough.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Congratulating somebody on becoming a billionaire, especially when everybody is already fully aware of just how rich the Kardashians are, is a tone deaf thing to do at the best of times, never mind our current climate, but it's pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of Kanye's lunacy, and I suppose he just wanted to be supportive of his wife. Kanye stopped being on a level a long time ago so I've found it's easier to just ignore a lot of the dumb shit he says these days rather than get worked up over it - he's a rich man living in a rich world, and unfortunately any sense of being anything other than that has long since been forgotten by him. All I hope is that he can continue to release good music, because damn can he be good at that when he's switched on enough.

Tbh I am seeing in the context of what Kanye has done. I mean “BILL COSBY INNOCENT” has raised the fucking bar for getting annoyed by his tweets.

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Absolutely agree, all you can do is ignore it. It's a shame that so many people dismiss him solely due to his personality without giving the music a chance, although I guess he's doing fine without them!

I'm interested if he might do a tour in 2021/2022, I was absolutely gutted when Pablo didn't come to Europe. I guess it'll partly depend on how well God's Country goes.