Kanye west confirmed

mike99

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

It's good that Mick Jagger's kids have nothing dirty to hear about him and Marianne Faithful then.

Might not want to pack a Mars Bar for the school lunch though ;)

(I am aware that the mars bar thing never happened, just joking.)

As Keef said: "The mars bar thing is total fiction.... cause we were right out of mars bars". 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I compared him to Little Richard in the sense they both use self aggrandisement as a stylistic device to signify status and to establish dominance in a competitive environment, yes.

And then you had a pop at his wife, for no reason.

I think that about brings us up to speed.

They are a brand. Lol at being called a mysoganist. They are attention whores so what? if they were shy demure types I would say that too.No need to be so sensitive and serious...jeeeez

I think what everyone has to remember is that, no matter how much he puts out there, we don't know what's going on with him on a personal level.

He seems to have a lot of pressures on him both from himself and from the public eye which are likely to cause levels of stress. Different people respond to levels of stress depending on numerous things, support network, enviromeny, brain chemistry etc .. 

We don't know everything about him and it's impossible for us to create a valid formulation on what the red tabbed papers say about him. What we can do, and more importantly, is not debate whether he is having mental health difficulties or whether he deserves them more than the average Joe for whatever reason. This kind of talk is damaging for an already stigmatized illness. If you put a criteria of who should and shouldn't have mental health issues based on wealth, upbringing or job it creates an environment where people aren't comfortable to seek help. 

He is a human , humans get sick and I wish him all the best in receiving the help he needs.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2016 at 5:09 PM, The Nal said:

Lets not get caught up in the media bullshit and carried away with sympathy here. She did release a tape of her having sex with her boyfriend. To become famous and earn money. Any future BF/husband were obviously going to see it, as were her kids when they're shown it by other kids in school. And they'll be bullied about it too. Pictures will be plastered on the school walls, shouted at, giggled at in class etc.

"Hi honey, how was school?"

"Errr, Mum, I was in double maths earlier and Jimmy showed me a video of you getting absolutely horsed out of it by some lad before you met Dad. Whats the story there?"

From Kanyes point of view, anyone who gets involved with someone like that deserves little sympathy aswell.  

But yeah, the flag was OTT.  Id love to find the guy who made it, somehow find a picture of his missus with her ex showing her with a gob full of glue and parade it outside his place of work at lunchtime. 

"Horsed out" and "gob full of glue". Uploading these phrases into my personal vocabulary for future reference

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

screen-shot-2016-12-13-at-9-09-13-am.png

They look like the first two members of the neighbourhood watch to show up at the town hall for the meeting about changing the bin day from Monday to Wednesday. "It's always been Monday, the change is preposterous" says Kanye. "I've lived a lot of years, and to be honest I'm not even surprised anymore at the utter farce this council has become. Pathetic" says The Donald.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

So he did well in Pitchfork's end of year lists, scooping song of the year with Ultra Light Beam (fair it's a banga) and getting (I think) 5th place in the album of the year list (undeservedly imo).

I will use less brackets in future posts.

Totally. I gave it (or the first release version of it anyway) another listen yesterday after seeing The Guardian put it in at 4 or 5, and it makes for quite an uncomfortable listen really. At times it's great, and miles ahead of so many other people but the lows are far too frequent. The whole thing comes across as unfocused, and totally lacking in quality control. Some of it, sadly, is his worst work.

I think there is a really good 30/35 minute record in there, just a shame he couldn't see it and cut out the crap.

Obviously everyone has different tastes, but I'm not sure why it's done quite so well with the critics. It's not dreadful, but for me it's his worst.

Perhaps knowing what's happened since it's been released didn't help, but I find it increasingly difficult to remove the man (a bit of a twat these days) from the music he makes.

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

So he did well in Pitchfork's end of year lists, scooping song of the year with Ultra Light Beam (fair it's a banga) and getting (I think) 5th place in the album of the year list (undeservedly imo).

I will use less brackets in future posts.

Kanye, Beyonce and anybody related to them could record a couple of farts and Pitchfork would put it as best of the year.

48 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Kanye, Beyonce and anybody related to them could record a couple of farts and Pitchfork would put it as best of the year.

Was about to try and be a smart arse and say they didn't put A Seat At The Table at number one but then I checked and they actually did wow.