Kanye west confirmed

mike99

One awesome thing about Kanye playing? It's going to be the ideal night to get to the south east corner early before the massive crushes and get into some of the venues while everyone else is trying to watch Kanye either get over or crash and burn....thanks for clearing a path Mr west....wouldn't watch you in a million years but you just may keep enough people away from the se corner for a while to make it halfway tolerable to get down there ;p

I'm still confused, can you just clarify if you like Kanye or not?

Can't think of a time in recent memory when the people who don't like a headliner have acted like such children, for example; Wanderlei, Nuthugger and CanWeRest have just gone through this thread and downvoted posts from people excited about Kanye. Two of them are just lurkers who barely post, if you're here to just be negative and childlike instead of contributing, fuck off. Trolls.

• Upvote 5

Published on May 17, 2015

Full set from Power 106's PowerHouse 2015, LA, California HD. setlist:

00:00 Diamonds From Sierra Leone
01:08 Power
04:14 Stronger
07:25 Don't Like
09:20 All Day
13:07 Black Skinhead
16:51 Blood On The Leaves
18:56 Blessed
20:09 Jesus Walks
23:24 Touch The Sky
25:33 All Of The Lights
28:46 Good Life
31:45 Gold Digger
34:02 Through The Wire
36:43 Tea break
38:25 All Falls Down
40:07 Runaway
45:58 Only One
50:36 Flashing Lights
53:41 Heartless
57:39 "I Want It All" (Freestyle)
1:00:20 Can't Tell me Nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBP7oIexU8

In terms of the majority of the set

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That's an incredible setlist with regards to the songs chosen, but I'm not sure about the ordering or the stage show he has. Far too minimal for headlining the Pyramid. I really hope he's got something good up his sleeve and this is gonna be as good as it can be.

• Downvote 1

Can't think of a time in recent memory when the people who don't like a headliner have acted like such children, for example; Wanderlei, Nuthugger and CanWeRest have just gone through this thread and downvoted posts from people excited about Kanye. Two of them are just lurkers who barely post, if you're here to just be negative and childlike instead of contributing, fuck off. Trolls.

Very well said .

i expected to have his new album by now, do we think we'll get it before the fest?

I was expecting it by now too but at this stage I'm not especially hopeful for it. Still, we know he's planning the surprise kind of release that's so popular more so it could happen any day. The fact that he recently changed the name suggests he's still actively working on it.

do people think kanye west will see glasto as a really big thing? I hope so. I want to see live instruments, incredible light shows and hundreds of dancers and acrobats. naked men in war paint banging drums to love lockdown and so forth.

I am so excited to see him but it would break my tiny heart if he came out to very little showstopping glitz and glamour and just sulked his way through 20 songs whilst lying on the floor and then left.

do people think kanye west will see glasto as a really big thing? I hope so. I want to see live instruments, incredible light shows and hundreds of dancers and acrobats. naked men in war paint banging drums to love lockdown and so forth.

I am so excited to see him but it would break my tiny heart if he came out to very little showstopping glitz and glamour and just sulked his way through 20 songs whilst lying on the floor and then left.

I think that is why I will be there, It really could go either way or have a bit of both.

I am really hoping that it will be something special

if not ill just make sure I am on the West Holts side and go see Mothership

Well he rocked up to Big day out in a cherry picker and that's hardly the biggest festival so I think he'll probably make is something pretty special

Was that the same year as his Coachella headlinr slot? He did something very similar there so probably just did the same thing at all his festivals that year

I hope he comes on stage to Justin Biebers baby at a low hum underneath him ranting for 3 hours about how guitar music is for virgins and closet racists. He goes on to bring out Lemmy and The Who who get tripped up by Kim K on their way. Kim then declares herself more important musically than either of them (thanks to the music on her iPhone game). The next hour is dedicated to Kanye describing his meeting with Macca who described him as 'like John Lennon with talent'.

And it would still be better than Foo Fighters.

• Upvote 1

I hope he comes on stage to Justin Biebers baby at a low hum underneath him ranting for 3 hours about how guitar music is for virgins and closet racists. He goes on to bring out Lemmy and The Who who get tripped up by Kim K on their way. Kim then declares herself more important musically than either of them (thanks to the music on her iPhone game). The next hour is dedicated to Kanye describing his meeting with Macca who described him as 'like John Lennon with talent'.

And it would still be better than Foo Fighters.

It'd be better than Blur 09

bahh was hoping he;'d be getting at least an hour 45, but ah well. agree that the long gap is promising - hopefully he's putting on a real spectacle of a show!

still a bit disappointed the new album isn't ready in time - would've quite liked to have seen some new songs played live as bar one or two this set will be identical to the one i saw at Wireless last year. still gonna be amazing, mind

To be fair I think he seems like and act who'd push the boundaries with the curfew so I can see him pushing on midnight.

I really cannot wait for him. I have a feeling he'll pull off a stunning show and that one hour gap does suggest a prolific stage setup to accompany the great Pyramid stage and his music of course. Let's just hope that he gets in the musical zone rather than the ranting zone!