Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Three of the original and most famous hip hop tunes, these are pretty pop friendly cuts. There is nothing raw or hard about the origins of Hip Hop, it was made for the dance floor.

I would say Hip hop is on the whole far rawer in its content than at any point in its existence apart from the gangsta rap phase. The production may be more polished but that is to be expected due to advances in technology and production techniques.

• Upvote 1

The Yeezy Paradox

A - Some argue that Kanye playing Glastonbury will make it worse because the "type of people" who love that sort of music will be encouraged to attend

but

B - People returning their tickets becuause Kanye is playing Glastonbury are clearly without the foggiest notion of what the place is like, and so the festival is arguably improved by their absence

So it's getting simultaneously better and worse at the same time. Ergo....

Y'all be looking the fool talking bout rap not being hard in the past.

Check out this sick joint!

Shit the bed! Thats a blast from the past. I have not heard that since the late 80s I assume, but was surprised at how much of it I remembered! It was bloody everywhere at one point

Great little parody

As someone who hasn't got a ticket yet, I'm viewing each of these morons as my potential saviour.

me too! To be honest though, I think there'll be enough people replacing them who will be going because of kanye, so im not too hopeful this year. Already pricing up ibiza for that long weekend (and Rock Werchter as an outside potential).