Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Ronnie Wood has spoken about it!

Ronnie Wood Speaking to The Mirror

Ronnie said: "Its bloody ridiculous that Kanye is the headline act this year. It p****s me off so I try not to think about it too much.

"Glastonbury is the home of rock music and, look, Kanye isnt rock.

"Hes a great entertainer and he knows how to captivate an audience with all his swearing, but when it comes to what that festival is about, its the wrong choice."

He added: "Good luck to the man I dont know if hell survive when hes on that stage.

"People who go there for rock music are starting to get very angry about all these rappers and RnB singers taking over."

Go Ronnie!!

Fuck off, Ron. The Stones turned shit immediately after he joined. Who the fuck does he think he is to make judgments about what the festival is after having played once? What's "with all his swearing" supposed to be alluding to? The Stones were more outrageous than Kanye in their day... before Ronnie Wood joined and they became an inoffensive stadium rock novelty. In the past 3 years, the headliners we've had/will have consist of 7 guitar bands and one rapper, how is that taking over? Does he know that R&B means rhythm and blues, has he ever even fucking heard The Rolling Stones? Christ alive, what a whopper.

• Upvote 5

Fuck off, Ron. The Stones turned shit immediately after he joined. Who the fuck does he think he is to make judgments about what the festival is after having played once? What's "with all his swearing" supposed to be alluding to? The Stones were more outrageous than Kanye in their day... before Ronnie Wood joined and they became an inoffensive stadium rock novelty. In the past 3 years, the headliners we've had/will have consist of 7 guitar bands and one rapper, how is that taking over? Does he know that R&B means rhythm and blues, has he ever even fucking heard The Rolling Stones? Christ alive, what a whopper.

You seem upset.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not like Kanye's ever done a Bill Wyman either is it

Ronnie said: "Its bloody ridiculous that Kanye is the headline act this year. It p****s me off so I try not to think about it too much.

"Hes a great entertainer and he knows how to captivate an audience with all his swearing, but when it comes to what that festival is about, its the wrong choice."

He added: "Good luck to the man I dont know if hell survive when hes on that stage.

"People who go there for rock music are starting to get very angry about all these rappers and RnB singers taking over."

Go Ronnie!!

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

Then go to a different festival, no one's making them go to glastonbury.

In fairness people used to go to Glastonbury to get away from the sort of people that like Kanye west, Beyonce, Taylor swift etc

Unfortunately the festival is full of the c**ts now, hence why a lot of the magic is gone.

Edited by russycarps

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!

In fairness people used to go to Glastonbury to get away from the sort of people that like Kanye west, Beyonce, Taylor swift etc

Unfortunately the festival is full of the c**ts now, hence why a lot of the magic is gone.

Bit of an old school view to take though, popular culture has been homogenised and it's pretty common for people to like Taylor Swift and Run The Jewels and James Blake and Arctic Monkeys and Disclosure. Yoof are less defined by the music that they like than ever before for better or for worse. Think the 'sort of people' thing is a bit outdated.

• Upvote 1

Bit of an old school view to take though, popular culture has been homogenised and it's pretty common for people to like Taylor Swift and Run The Jewels and James Blake and Arctic Monkeys and Disclosure. Yoof are less defined by the music that they like than ever before for better or for worse. Think the 'sort of people' thing is a bit outdated.

Can confirm. Am a yoof. Have liked all those acts at various points in time.

Go Ronnie!!

Oh, is that the same Ronnie Wood that made a guest appearance with one direction on the X factor?

Rock on Ronnie!

Edited by Festiboi69

Where is Thora Birch? I saw her in the "famous people who have their birthdays today" section of the paper the other day, has she been in anything since Ghost World?

I read she had a really protective dad who managed her and he had strict demands and rejected loads of roles for her so I guess that just destroyed a potential career.

Edited by dentalplan

Were you there in person pr did you see them on TV? The TV performance was not as well received as the actual performance was. The tens of thousands of people around me who were having the time of their lives will tell you a different story.

I was there, for a little while, but left to go to another stage because it was not for me.

I'm not criticising the yoof, there's plenty of old people who like that shite too!

And plenty of yoof who hate it as much as I do.

Glastonbury was once a place to escape the knobheads that infest the real world, but now they are all over the festival. And funnily enough most of them will be stood there listening to the likes of swift, west and Beyonce.

But I accept that's just the way it is now.

I'm not criticising the yoof, there's plenty of old people who like that shite too!

Glastonbury was once a place to escape the knobheads that infest the real world, but now they are all over the festival. And funnily enough most of them will be stood there listening to the likes of swift, west and Beyonce.

There are now many more knobheads in the general population nowadays - so as a result there are many more knobheads at the festival. That's not going to change so may as well just take it in your stride.

I appreciate the whole "well this is even worse" is the wrong attitude about it. But looking at reading and then going back to glastonbury, I felt a bit silly for being so harsh on glastonbury. It's crowd is 10x friendlier than reading, and I'm glad thinking that Glasto will probably never be as bad as that!

There were no knobheads in the 80s and 90s at Glastonbury? Really?