Kanye west confirmed

mike99

You do know how easy it is to avoid that sort of thing? Other than her being kanyes missus, I know nothing about her. That's not by sticking my head in the sand.

It's really not difficult.

Badlands, I can only imagine you are a boy who does not read Daily Mail Showbiz online.

I'm not sure that the few Kanye fans who committed the unforgivable crime of being young will suddenly swarm the festival en masse. If they do, I'm sure someone can keep you protected from the filthy proles.

oh COME ON!!! You didn't know who the Beatles were when you were "young"?!

oh COME ON!!! You didn't know who the Beatles were when you were "young"?!

There's a staggering level of snobbery and privilege in assuming that everyone in the world must know who Paul McCartney is or they are a 'twonk'. The crowd at Glastonbury will not change to any noticeable degree because of this announcement.

There's a staggering level of snobbery and privilege in assuming that everyone in the world must know who Paul McCartney is or they are a 'twonk'. The crowd at Glastonbury will not change to any noticeable degree because of this announcement.

You'd expect that anyone who wants to fork out £205 for a festival ticket would have heard of the Beatles, non?

You'd expect that anyone who wants to fork out £205 for a festival ticket would have heard of the Beatles, non?

1) Not necessarily. Why?

2) No one is saying they have. You've made a highly dubious claim that the festival will now be attended by people who don't know who Paul McCartney is, then proceeded to treat it as fact to suit your argument.

Edited by Winslow Leach

Why? Maybe they just have completely different music tastes where The Beatles aren't relevant.

Hmmm if we were talking about Nirvana or the like I would agree. But The Beatles! Come on... it's like not knowing about Elvis. Or Michael Jackson. Or One Direction!

it won't. next

Okay. I'm just saying, out of my circle of friends... pretty average 30-somethings who have all been to Glastonbury before and all like a variety of music genres.. this announcement has made a few of them not want to go. Similarly there are teenyboppers in my workplace who think this is the best announcement everrr. Maybe this is happening across the UK right now. Maybe not according to you.

The general consensus about Kanye is that he's a bit of a d1ck. Some people won't want to go to Glasto if he's headlining. Maybe that makes them fairweather Glasto fans but tbh that's the majority of people at Glasto isn't it? Not sure there's 175,000 die-hard festival goers there.

Trouble is, when Kanye was announced I thought 'Oh God no', but as the amount of ranting and raving with mock rage has continued - I'm actually quite pleased he's playing. I won't be there, but his addition has certainly stirred things up a bit. It could hardly be called boring.

Re: Boring booking

Exactly. Kanye isn't my thing, but I was pissed off when Coldplay were looking likely.

Now, it's just someone I don't want to see. Coldplay would have been the absolute pits. Boring, done it 3 times before laziness...

This is not me, but at least it's not that either

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to check out at least the beginning of his set, if I'm having fun then I'll stay. Not a massive deal really.

Edit: if Hot Chip are on elsewhere though then he can fuck right off

Fuck me that's bad thinking Couchy, if Hot Chip and Kanye clash il be devastated