Kanye west confirmed

mike99

This....

Dizzee Rascal does loving nabbing an unjustified sub spot at every second Glastonbury, and tonally he'd suit it perfectly..

....was followed by this.....

This is the one

..... so I thought.....

wait what??

....... that mike99 was saying Dizzee is the sub. :whistle:

I probably got that completely wrong, though. :unsure:

Edited by midnight

At first I was disappointed, then I read all the hate and was like realllly?! THEN I thought about RUNAWAY on that pyramid stage..... Then I watched this video...... And thought wtf is he doing :-/ (at about 4:06) now im disappointed again.... Haaaaaa! Think it is gonna b a big challenge for him, I'm just take it or leave it tho! Don't see the point in getting so worked up

1) He's one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the last decade

2) There are fourty other stages to entertain you

3) Most artists that would be in line to headline a festival like this have done something strange/obnoxious in their career. He doesn't even rank in the top 10 of dickheads that have headlined Glastonbury. It's a fucking act.

4) The other headliner is the fucking Foo Fighters

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just woke up to this news and 27 pages on eFests!!

I'm personally very excited. I think it's a brave booking - one they know full well is going to piss a lot of people off but so what. There are so many other stages and Kanye - massive twat that he is - is definitely headliner status.

I for one can't wait for the reaction when they follow this up with Taylor Swift for Sunday!

I'd say it's pretty much zero.

BUT it would be awesome if he did do a one-off type performance of an older or less popular song - Devil in a New Dress, Family Business, Gone, We Don't Care, Roses, Paranoid (would all be awesome for me, and many more that i can't think of right now) - to give the performance a special feel, i reckon there's a decent chance he could pull something like that out the bag, he did a pretty emotional performance of "Hey Mama" at coachella and I could see something similar at glastonbury.

What part of "there are 40 other stages and even if you want to see him there might be something on somewhere else that you want to see more and if you don't want to see him that's great because you can't watch more than one stage at once and something will be on elsewhere and you could always hang out with your mates or if you don't like any of the acts playing at the time you could go to one of the thousands of other distractions that will be going on at the same time but if you really can't find something at any given moment to do in a place of that size then you might want to look at yourself to be honest" do people fail to understand even after the festival has been running for so long?

• Upvote 4

What part of "there are 40 other stages and even if you want to see him there might be something on somewhere else that you want to see more and if you don't want to see him that's great because you can't watch more than one stage at once and something will be on elsewhere and you could always hang out with your mates or if you don't like any of the acts playing at the time you could go to one of the thousands of other distractions that will be going on at the same time but if you really can't find something at any given moment to do in a place of that size then you might want to look at yourself to be honest" do people fail to understand even after the festival has been running for so long?

POTD for me!

A cracker, and SO, SO correct

Ben

Worst reactions on Facebook threaten to shower him with piss bottles. I can't imagine the kind of absolute twat would stay at the Pyramid and do that, just to say they were at the Pyramid (or say they did it). I bumped into a few last year - people who just park themselves down the front and stay there all day no matter who's playing. They were monumentally bigger bellends than Kanye West.

• Upvote 1

i'm incredibly excited. not many other headliners that could've been announced that'd get me this amped!

Agree with both of you and im not really a hip hop head.

Biggest rock n roll star of this decade and a truly innovative artist. Rap has changed because of Kanye, jay z headline Glastonbury in 2008 because of Kanye...his new shit sounds different to his old shit because he's always trying to change the game.

The most exciting booking at Glastonbury for years!

Edited by stimo

Positives v Negatives on Kanye for me:

Positives -

- He is an act that gets people talking

- He isn't coldplay, this isn't a booking which they have done before

- The reactions to it are priceless, especially when there are so many other stages

- He brings something new to the table

- It will be an event

- The chance of idiots in the crowd being idiots

- Some comments have overstepped the mark.

- I wanted a festival away from the pyramid

Negatives -

- He is a cockend with a messiah complex

- I personally have no interest in him other than to see if he has a massive rant. I know I want to be away from the pyramid, but no one wants acts they don't care about there. Clashes are better than nothing (if that makes sense!)

Positives outweigh negatives for me.

Anyone who is now not going because of this announcement... Good! You have proven yourself to be a big baby. I'm glad you are not there.

If the whole line up is announced, and you can't find anything to enjoy, fair enough, but from one act?!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop